wtlifting

Options
I know wtlifting is excellent for wtloss -my question is -how can I do it safely and still get results at home with a bad back? have issues with neck-thoracic and lumbar/pelvic...they just don't stay put...I want to make them stronger so they do stay and also get rid of daily pain....any ideas or opinions?? thankyou

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Work with a physical therapist, preferably at a sports medicine clinic. They will give a customized program based on your situation, and check your form. I wouldn't follow exercises from the web without checking with the PT.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Work with a physical therapist, preferably at a sports medicine clinic. They will give a customized program based on your situation, and check your form. I wouldn't follow exercises from the web without checking with the PT.

I couldn't agree more. Given your situation, you would be better off going to a PT for advice instead of asking folks on here, who are not qualified to answer your question. The last thing you want to do is get injured trying to get into shape!
  • bitten2better
    bitten2better Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Definitely find a PT (physical therapist) or ATC (certified athletic trainer)...especially one that works with an athletic population. If you are incapable of going/affording one, try researching the McKenzie Protocol.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

I couldn't agree more. Given your situation, you would be better off going to a PT for advice instead of asking folks on here, who are not qualified to answer your question. The last thing you want to do is get injured trying to get into shape!

Best advice and if you can get your doctor to prescribe it, you might get part of it covered if you have a good insurance policy/benefit package
  • mistyblu13
    mistyblu13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

good advice- thank you :)
  • mistyblu13
    mistyblu13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Best advice and if you can get your doctor to prescribe it, you might get part of it covered if you have a good insurance policy/benefit package

I will talk to my doc- thank you all ladies :)