Tis the season for STRESS

Options
So many of us can relate to this. I really dont like the holidays, kinda depressing. Hear lately, I find myself sinking back into those no body gives a **** about me so why should i feelings. Not sure where I am going with this, guess i just need to express my feelings. sometimes it is easier to tell a complete stranger than someone in person. i know i need to work on my self esteem, just not quite sure or how to begin. i do know what i think most ppl think about me is all in my head. still doesnt stop me from feeling they think what i think. okat guess i am done for now.

Replies

• CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    danggg girl u sound jus like me... exactly like me... i"m raisin 2 grkids ( 11 & 13 ) my bf ( of 6 yrs )& i have been arguin a lot!! mostly bout disapline. when i get my tax check, we will most likely b splittin up.. i sure dont want this, but we cant seem 2 come 2 the same agreement... anyway i am with u on the fact that it seems every 1 around really dont care. it seems 2 me no 1 really cares bout me either. i have no self esteem either. since last sept i have lost approx 87 lbs. but i still got at least that much more 2 lose... i think i am still 2 fat, ugly; & a airhead.... i have never been with out a man in my life, but i am sure lookin like i gonna b... my adult daughters dont seem 2 understand the points i try 2 make in why i dont wanna b with out a man. it aint jus sex, it is the true friend of a partener. sum 1 2 listen 2 me, see me... i'm scared!!! bein a lone frightens me more as each day passes... add me if u want, i'd like 2 b your friend... pammy
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Please know that you are not alone! This is a difficult time for many of us and I can't really explain why it is for me. The holidays kind of bum me out while everyone around me "appears" to be all cheery! I know I hate the commercialization of it all and the stress that seems to implode as my work (catering) overwhelms me, leaving me little time to relax and think about the real reason for the season. I do have family and friends who love me and I love, so that helps. Hope you do too! If not, know that those of us here at MFP care about your health and well being and I encourage you to take some deep breaths, think some positive thoughts about yourself and things that you enjoy, and do something nice for someone else, as that always has it's own rewards! Hugs!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    danggg girl u sound jus like me... exactly like me... i"m raisin 2 grkids ( 11 & 13 ) my bf ( of 6 yrs ) have been arguin a lot!! mostly bout disapline. when i get my tax check, we will most likely b splittin up.. i sure dont want this, but we cant seem 2 come 2 the same agreement... anyway i am with u on no 1 really cares bout me either. i have no self esteem either. since last sept i have lost approx 87 lbs. but i still got at least that much more 2 lose... i think i am still 2 fat, ugly; & a airhead.... i have never been with out a man in my life, but i am sure lookin like i gonna b... my adult daughters dont seem 2 understand the points i try 2 make in why i dont wanna b with out a man. it aint jus sex, it is the true friend of a partener. sum 1 2 listen 2 me, see me... i'm scared!!! bein a lone fritens me more as each day passes... add me if u want, i'd like 2 b your friend... pammy

Let me just say that if you give being alone a chance, you may find you enjoy it! It does require some time and it requires one to listen to One's Self which can sometimes be painful, but you grow so much! Makes me sad to read how disappointed you sound in yourself and how much weight you put on being with someone else. Hang in there!