Time of month and increased appetite

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Most likely my reaction if I were to read this on a normal day: Oh, neat. Extra calories being burned! Sweet!
    However, it's not a "normal" day.
    It's "that time" craving day.
    So, my brain's persistent reaction: "OH COOL! MORE CALORIES YOU GET TO EAT! GO EAT! YOU KNOW WHERE THE ICE CREAM IS! WHY ARE YOU SITTING? YOU CAN SIT WHILE YOU EAT. EAT."

Shut up brain.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Yeah which is why my stomach constantly feels like it's caving in. It starts three days before and continues until done. I just try to eat a little extra and if I go over fu@k it.
  • irishrose524
    Options
    I'm going thru this too. But the chips seem to be taming the beast, so I'll need to eat - however I've vowed to make up for it the moment my period is over and I'm feeling better. (whines) If I get too excited about working out my uterus decides to stab itself - Ow! >:-I I get it, I get it, I gotta be a lazy bum right now and take it easy
  • ramjammum1
    Options
    ive been dieting all month and lost a stone, for the past 3 nights ive woken up starving, today ive eaten everything, pizza, crisps, chocolate , ive drank wine, and nothings filled me up................im so glad ive found this page as was gonna seek a doctors advise, as seems to be a monthly thing, if i dont eat i get dizzy , feel sick and my friends and family would agree my moods are sky high if im not with a pizza slice in my hand...............due on tomorrow so hopefullt thr cravings will go
  • amg325
    amg325 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank God for this brilliant post! Now I know why all I can think of of this gloomy Monday is FOOD!
  • Mother_Warrior
    Mother_Warrior Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is great! I was just telling my husband that I hate that when I am expecting my period I feel so much hungrier and I had no clue why! It's a little easier to deal with knowing the reason behind it. Thanks!!
  • centaurel
    Options
    This is exactly the post I needed to see. It might be a bit late (I've caved in the last week and gotten off track. I feel so hungry all the time, and yesterday I got my period finally after a couple weeks of cramps letting me know it was coming) but reading the initial post and all the responses that followed, I feel like I can grab hold of my temporarily lost will power and take care of myself again. Stepping on the scale each morning has been miserable even though I know that it's bloat and water weight, but a couple weeks from now I hope to see a smaller number again. I've lost a total of ten pounds in the last two months (some before I made my account on here), I need to keep going :)
  • imamonster2000
    imamonster2000 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Uggghhhhh, this has never happened to me until today. I have been eating all day. I tried staying in my calories, but I went over and still feel like I could eat everything. I don't know what to do :/
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yup, usually the day before or the first day, my usual amount of food can't sustain me and I am starving the whole time. But I try to give myself a bit of a break and allow myself to fill up on healthy foods. I also get insane cravings for red meat.
  • first01
    Options
    bump
  • Ladyfruit43
    Ladyfruit43 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I usually start bloating and getting hungry 2 weeks before T.O.M crazy thing I never realize T.O.M is the culprit till a couple of days before its on or its actually on.. and then I'm always like oh.. same way when I feel like a blimp.. then T.O.M and its like oh no wonder... its weird you'd think id know by now... but its always a surprise lol
    Exactly the same happens to me. I get worried because i feel im losing control. Then it comes and i al like "ahh of course" haha
    We are so complicated!!!
  • alisatodd
    alisatodd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what the heck was going on with me. I felt famished all day! I thought it was because I had a really busy day yesterday and didn't have time to eat on time. But then I got my period today (5 days early) Now I know what's going on. Also, so TIRED!! Had to take a nap earlier. :(
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Yeah which is why my stomach constantly feels like it's caving in. It starts three days before and continues until done. I just try to eat a little extra and if I go over fu@k it.

this is so me this week too. I get this way the entire week before my period starts and with the exception of first day cramps. I feel tons better once it starts. I sweat the older I get is the more pms feels like pregnancy and I hated being pregnant. :drinker:
  • emsp0913
    emsp0913 Posts: 1
    Options
    I get horrible pms. Mine lasts 2 weeks. 2 weeks of being really bloated, exhausted, STARVING and craving comfort foods. This month has been the hardest by far. I have been doing pretty bad. I'm so discouraged! But I'm very glad to have stumbled across this information. Your blog is always encouraging and it's what I turn to when I feel stuck! Thank you thank you thank you! :)
  • Starrlynn92
    Starrlynn92 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm going through this right now...it took every ounce of will power to not go grab a whopper from bk last night. I kind of thought it was tom hunting me down. So, I didn't do it but it was so tough...I stopped for a coconut fruit bar instead (Was delicious!). So far I'm just dealing with the hungry....but I know the fatigue is on it's way. :/ I don't wanna blow all the momentum I have gained because my body is turning on me over the next week and a half. I am so glad I found this post. Thanks everyone for sharing...it has really helped me this morning. :smile:
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    The first day of my period, I am the complete opposite: I have no desire to eat and usually vomit even if I haven't eaten anything. (I should probably see a doctor about this actually)

I just don't even bother weighing myself for that week because I know I'm bloated and I will just feel depressed if I see the number on the scale.
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    How many people are the opposite?

I barely have any appetite at all when I'm on my period. I get incredibly nauseated, and eating just makes it worse.

I'd trade with any of you. I hate the sick feeling. >.>
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    How many people are the opposite?

I barely have any appetite at all when I'm on my period. I get incredibly nauseated, and eating just makes it worse.

I'd trade with any of you. I hate the sick feeling. >.>

Agreed, I'd rather have an appetite. Being sick sucks.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I get hungry before and then as soon as TOM arrives I lose my appetite so I think it all works out.