Your brush with fame?

Options
icu814me2
icu814me2 Posts: 212 Member
Have you ever had a brush with someone famous? Mine, of all people was Richard Simmons! Yeah, go figure. 6 of us were in a limo at Las Vegas airport. Our driver was just getting ready to back out of the spot and there was a "bang" from the rear of the limo. Richard Simmons walked up to the drivers side window and stuck his head in and looked back at us asking if we saw what happend. He said our driver backed into him. He was going on and on. He then grabbed the limo drivers head and gave him a big kiss on the forehead and walked away. He was just joking around. Our limo driver use to be his full time driver when he lived in Vegas. He seemed just like he does/did on TV. The limo driver said he was the best human being he ever drove for and was very generous.

Saw the Gatlin brothers at a restaurant also.

Replies

• xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I don't have a story. But love yours... So I guess my bush with fame is knowing you on MFP and you kinda meeting Richard Simmons. Yeah that works for me.....
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I took guitar lessons from Paul Chapman.

edit: I'm a legend in my own mind. That should count for something.
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I met Reggie White, what an amazing man. I met Elton John after a concert in Delaware. so cool. The people I went with knew him and he gave them the tickets.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i sold dianne weist's(minor) daughter a pair of eyeglasses. had to get her to sign for her credit card and everything. i had NO idea who she was at the time LOL (law and order, that movie with robin williams... crap i forget the name... and a bunch of other stuff.) she was ON law and order a the time, so very current, and people kept coming up to her while she was shopping with her daughter saying how much they loved her blah blah blah. i asked her why people kept bugging her, and both her and her daughter looked at me like i had two heads LOL
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I'm on the inside cover of An Evening With The Allman Brothers, which was recorded at the Orpheum Theatre in Boston. I hung out with the band after the show, and a photo of me made it into the inside cover.

I also made a pizza for Mike Muir from Suicidal Tendencies when I worked in a pizza shop in high school.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I've got several:
    running back Shaun Alexander
    baseball player Roberto Allomar
    William Shatner
    David Copperfield
    Broken Lizard
    OH.. and bear journalist Julie Tremmel.
  • carolsteele45
    carolsteele45 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The Duke of Edinburgh shook my hand and congratulated me when I received my PhD lol
  • pennypuffkin
    pennypuffkin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I saw Rhys Darby (Murray on Flight of the Conchords) at a comedy club not too long ago. After the show, he was outside doing a Q&A with the audience. We passed by him as we left, just few feet away, like I could have reached out and touched him (how creepy am I?). I was too scared/nervous to talk to him or get a photo with him though, haha.
    My proof of ALMOST meeting him: http://goo.gl/bnK9W7
  • I ate lunch with Anna Kournikova when I was in the military. She was doing a USO tour.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I met Daniel DeJesus in a bar after a Rasputina concert and awkwardly told him that he was beautiful and an excellent cellist and then I was so embarrassed I immediately went home :laugh: :blushing:

I wouldn't call him "famous" but they were my favorite band at the time so I was completely starstruck.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Yes. :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I've met a lot of famous people.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Almost got into a car accident with Pauly Shore when he cut us off and jacked our parking space.

When I worked in retail I sold a cell phone to Tyrese Gibson. He bought it for his mom.

Also working in retail, sold a camera and a cell phone to Paul Walker's brother. One of them was a gift for Paul Walker, but I don't remember which one.

ETA: Bill Clinton and I waved at one another once while he was jogging.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous you got to meet Richard Simmons! I love him and hope to one day become his bff. :heart: :heart:

While living in NYC I met Regis Feldman, Kelly Ripa, Uma Thurman, Chevy Chase, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kate Hudson, **** Clark, Wendy Williams, L.L cool J, that blonde chick from that show gossip girl, Sarah Jessica Parker, Alec Baldwin, Julia Stiles, and Hugh Jackman

I never got any autographs because I didn't want to bother them plus that would have made me feel awkward. With the exception of **** Clark who was a bit of a douche everyone else was nice..especially Julia Stiles who I met while riding the train home one evening. She was really down to earth, funny, and friendly.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Yes. My dad and a very famous child star actor's dad were co workers and best buddies for many years. I still see the dad every now and again.

Actor, my brother and I would play together when the dads were doing whatever on the weekend when I was visiting.
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    My brush with fame? Well, I did stop at a light right behind Richard Simmons back in the 1980's. My big brush with fame was meeting Mr. Bill Gates back in 1972 when he was using a friends garage back in CA. He was working on a "computer" and had long hair, thick glasses and wore a pieced velveteen vest! Very Hippie Bill!! Then a few years later he was looking for investors and called us because my husband had inherited quite a bit of $$. Good Idea! My husband was irritated that Bill Gates kept calling him at work so he gave me this little post it note with Gates name on it and told me "Please dear, GET RID of this guy if he calls here again!" He wants MONEY to develop this business of his".

Well, we all know what happened. My short sighted husband never gave Mr. Bill Gates his $2,000. I personally would have!!!!

I divorced that man. I know that sometime down the line my X must have felt like putting own head through a WALL. Ha, ha! My 45 minutes on the phone chatting with Gates was very pleasant. Nice guy.

And so it goes......:drinker:
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Was in LAX a few years ago and saw and talked to and got his autograph - Victor off The young and the restless.
  • Lucassvg
    Lucassvg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My brush with fame was meeting Neil Armstrong a few years back in Barcelona at an awards ceremony.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    My cousin sings for Filter. I'm friends with a Cleveland newscaster.
  • RayF24
    RayF24 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    meeting kristen stewart and taylor lautnor and getting a picture with them :)
    (and autographing my twilight book)

edit:
    oh and I met selena gomez and she gave me a hug :)))