serious problem

Options

Replies

• TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    i go to a community college i doubt they have **** and my dads going through a rough time with his bussiness im trying to spend as little of his money is possible because he is paying for my college and stuff half the reason im working out is to join the reserves so i can pay him back and not feel guilty i mean if its just the flu i dont wanna waste money should i just watch it for a few more days and see?

Do you have a physician your family normally goes to? Typically you can call them, give them your symptoms, and they might be able to let you know if you should come in. I've done that for things in the past - shoot, I even had a rx written for me by doing that. No charge.

At least call someone instead of coming online for these things. Or talk to your dad about it. Like others have said, if you don't have a clinic on campus, you can generally go to a Walgreens/CVS and see a nurse. Eitherway, something isn't right in your body, or you wouldn't have even started this thread.

Get professional input.

PS - and realize, too, that by waiting longer, if it is something serious, the bills could be just that much higher than they would be by treating early.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Either pnemonia or a really bad cold. Either way, if it's THIS bad you need to get medical attention. If you REALLY don't want to go the doctor yet wait it out a couple more days & make sure you're breathing in a lot of steam-if it's a cold it'll loosen up the phlegm, if it's not a cold you'll have to go to the doctor.
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    This is something my sister said to me when I complained about my recent Dr. bill for emergency surgery. Better a Dr. bill then funeral expenses!!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Definitely go to the doctor... my guess is on pneumonia (or at least something similar) or a sinus infection (which for me turns pretty quickly into breathing issues as well). Both easily treatable with generic antibiotic... but miserable without getting medical help!

At this point you have to go! No more excuses...even small community colleges have clinics. Which one is it? I'll Google it for you to see...if not, go to a walk in clinic...cheaper than the ER but can still do wonders. It sounds like something serious...DO NOT WAIT regardless of how much you don't want to spend dad's money.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I am a doctor and you need to SEE a doctor. We cannot help you on a list like this. Agree with all the other advice. Don't exercise until you are medically cleared.

Okay, you have a doctor telling you to see a doctor. What more can we say? Please just go! Worry about the bill later. :flowerforyou:
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    i think im gonna get a broncho dialator from walgreens tonight see if that helps and try and get this pleghm out it may just be finals stress but i doubt that seeing as how it started during vacation week
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    i go to a community college i doubt they have **** and my dads going through a rough time with his bussiness im trying to spend as little of his money is possible because he is paying for my college and stuff half the reason im working out is to join the reserves so i can pay him back and not feel guilty i mean if its just the flu i dont wanna waste money should i just watch it for a few more days and see?

An ICU hospital stay will cost a h*** of a lot more than just a doctor's visit and some medicine. (My older brother is strong as an ox but pneumonia put him in ICU for a week).

and how much does a 'bronchial dialator' cost. Spend money on something you might only use once? Thought you said you didn't want to waste your (or your dad's) money.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i think im gonna get a broncho dialator from walgreens tonight see if that helps and try and get this pleghm out it may just be finals stress but i doubt that seeing as how it started during vacation week

Seriousy, if you were my son, I'd have to smack you right about now.:explode: You are the stubborn one!:huh:
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options

An ICU hospital stay will cost a h*** of a lot more than just a doctor's visit and some medicine. (My older brother is strong as an ox but pneumonia put him in ICU for a week).

and how much does a 'bronchial dialator' cost. Spend money on something you might only use once? Thought you said you didn't want to waste your (or your dad's) money.

Uhhh, ditto!

Why not call your dad and ask him about spending the money?

I sure hope your dad loves you more than his $
  • mccorml
    Options

Seriousy, if you were my son, I'd have to smack you right about now.:explode: You are the stubborn one!:huh:
    :yawn:
    lol thats why ive kept with weight loss haha and thanks alot guys atleast i know if post something stupid on the forum people will look and not say anything but when i post something concerning me you guys are always their thanks alot it means a ton to me :heart: :drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Ok, so you have been given numerous ideas, very good ones in fact, each one of them was helpful. Members took time out to try and help you and steer you in the right direction, yet you ignored them all :huh: :noway: and are now going to Walgreen's for an over the counter product? The longer you wait the sicker you can get the more costly it will be. It's not going to go away on it's own if it's Bronchitis or Pneumonia. The money you spend tonight at Walgreen's could go toward a clinic for a test and then you would REALLY know what was wrong for sure.

Working out will only make matters worse and certainly slow the healing process.. All this caring advice and it can get a wee bit frustrating that you've ignored it:huh:
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    Ugh buddy..

Just take a trip to the ER.. worry about the bill when it comes. If you end up getting hospitalized for this, it will end up being over 12,000$ a night. Trust me.

I had an appendicitis my first week in college, luckily I have health insurance. You're health is nothing to mess around with, or put a price on.
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    1. What community college do you go to? Can you look online at the services available for students, including health clinic possibilities?

2. Look in the phone book under local hospitals and see if there are any call-in nurse helplines at any of them. We have used that many times in the past when we weren't sure if we should see a doctor or what. (No insurance at the time, etc.)

3. Call your family doctor, if you have one.

4. Walk-in urgent care clinic is another option.

5. ER, last resort, but there for a reason. Use it.

Get better!
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    YOu could go to a minute clinic, or another outside clinic, and i normally pay $25 and whatever antibotics. Trust me your Dad isn't going to say anything about you going to the doctor escpecially if there is something relaly wrong, it is cheaper to deal with it now then later when your admitted into the hospital.....Go to the Doc!
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    Or like above said, when your at Walgreens they have a minute clinic in there, stop in there and have a doctor look at you. Trust me don't mess around with your health.
  • mccorml
    Options
    okay just called my dad he said hes gonna check with the insurance and get back to me on it so you guys dont have to be so concerned im not too too stubborn
  • BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Could be pneumonia. Dont mess around. Poor college students can get medical assistance.
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Look damnit! Whether you have insurance or not....go to the ER. They MUST treat you. The bill will come later. I do not want to see another comment on this thread by YOU, unless it's from your cell phone in the ER waiting room, or an update AFTER you've been treated. :heart: from a stranger.
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    How about an urgent care or campus health center? I'm not a doc, but sounds like pneumonia. Please don't push yourself. Get checked. Oh, and did I mention--get checked. Let us know what's going on.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Go see a doctor, even if you have to go to the ER. It is much easier for them to treat you if the problem has not gone systemic and you can walk in under your own power. Ambulances cost a lot! Sounds like pneumonia to me, and I would know, I get it every couple of years.