I hate my job.......

Options
but in the "thriving" economy that we are living in, as much as I wish I could, I just can't quit. I have taken my first class this summer towards my degree. Oh why, oh why didn't I do this right after high school. Would I be able to survive and support my daughter if I worked part time to speed the process? What about health insurance? If I were alone I wouldn't care. I just can't stand getting up in the morning and coming to this place. I'm tired of this commute every day. I am miserable here!!!!!!!! I could take advantage of the co-op program at the college, but I need 20 credits to do it. Taking 1 class a semester, which is all I can handle working full time and still spend some time with my daughter, it will be like 2 years before I can do that. I love my daughter with all my heart, she is the best, most important thing that has ever happened to me and I wouldn't ever change that, but being a single mother sucks. I'd like to go curl up in a corner somewhere and cry now, but I have to go to class tonight.

It is so wonderful to have a place to rant and complain when it's needed. Thank you all for just listening.

Replies

• rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    but in the "thriving" economy that we are living in, as much as I wish I could, I just can't quit. I have taken my first class this summer towards my degree. Oh why, oh why didn't I do this right after high school. Would I be able to survive and support my daughter if I worked part time to speed the process? What about health insurance? If I were alone I wouldn't care. I just can't stand getting up in the morning and coming to this place. I'm tired of this commute every day. I am miserable here!!!!!!!! I could take advantage of the co-op program at the college, but I need 20 credits to do it. Taking 1 class a semester, which is all I can handle working full time and still spend some time with my daughter, it will be like 2 years before I can do that. I love my daughter with all my heart, she is the best, most important thing that has ever happened to me and I wouldn't ever change that, but being a single mother sucks. I'd like to go curl up in a corner somewhere and cry now, but I have to go to class tonight.

It is so wonderful to have a place to rant and complain when it's needed. Thank you all for just listening.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry...I know how if feels to have a job that you hate. Been there--done that--got the T-shirts (plural!).

grupo_amistad.gif
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am sorry :flowerforyou:
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options
    I can relate to how you feel I did not go to collage and I regret that. But I do work full time and i have 3 teenage daughters and I have been single for about 6 years now and it is has been a struggle. You can make it just keep venting and getting it out of your system and you will be fine I promise.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Trust me on this one...........GO TO CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!

This May I just grad college after 30 yrs. of having no college degree. I only wish I had done it alot sooner because it would have afforded me and my 3 children many more opportunities.

If you move in the right direction now...everything else in your life will fall into place for you, your daughter, and your love life.

Don't be a working slave with no degree like I was. Do whatever it takes to get that education.

Oh yeah...and don't forget to set up a fund to send that little one to go to college with any extra money you have. My oldest son just grad in May and my daughter is a freshman in college now because I set up a prepaid college fund for them.

I know you hate your job...so do whatever it takes to make sure you will NEVER have to settle for that!

Whew....just felt strongly about that one!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    That sucks lady. What about online classes? It might save you a little time while still going forward towards your degree. I'm going for my MBA with online classes.
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Don't worry your not alone. I also work and go to school full time. My weekends are always packed from 8AM - 4:30PM I'm in school. I'm taking two classes a semster. I know what you mean though I was actually thinking about taking on a second job so that I could have a little extra money to save. With everything going up I just and no raises this year urr it's been tough. My hubby is a Stay At Home Dad and during the day and works a PT job at night. I'll be done with school in 2010. YAY!!!!!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Don't stop school. That is very important. This site is great for the support you need. All ya have to do is give a yell and someone will respond.

You will do it. I'm sorry you hate your job. I have had a few jobs that I had to drag myself to get there.

Keep on Keepen on.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have every intention to continue my education. I WILL NOT GIVE THAT UP! It took my too long to get my *kitten* off the couch to get it started in the first place. I just wish I could quit my job and go to school full time.

Thank you all for your encouraging words...this site is the best, and I'm so glad I found you all!

Sending much love through the wires.....
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Chin up!
    This job you hate is temporary.
    You can get through this.

I started with one class...
    Took online, evening, whatever to make it work while I worked FT and tended to a medically challenged baby. (Now a healthy boy.)

I got a scholarship (!!)
    Got an A.S. then transfered and got my B.A. and now am chipping slowly away at a Ph.D. Who'd a thunk! Your future has some happy surprises for you.

(Look for scholarships. Can you get some grants or loans so you can work less while you attend school?)

Best wishes and good luck!
  • vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I hated my job too and there's no way I could quit, so you know what I did? I got another job. :wink: This one is much closer, and I've been told I'll be telecommuting most of the time (can't get much closer than working from home) I didn't even have to wait for my ins to start.

If you don't like the situation you're in, change it. It is possible. :happy:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I ended up a single mom with little after high school education.
    As much as it broke my heart, I knew I had to go back to school to support my daughter in the lifestyle I WANTED her to have, not the one she was born into.
    It was so tough somedays, she was able to be with people I trusted while I did everything in my power to get through my education as fast as possible.
    I crammed a 5 year education degree into 3 years, because I didn't have time, and I swear there were times I thought I was losing my mind. I did it, it was tough but it was beyond worth it for me to be able to support my daughter.

I have regrets of course....I basically sacrificed my daughters first 3 years....watching her grow, learn, become who she is today. To this day our relationship is different then most mother-daughter ones. I would not take it back though. Not only am I hoping to be an example to her, but to my high school students now, and many others.

You can do this, I know you hate it and wish things were different....but sometimes what we want and what are....are very different.

I have faith in you.