Your brush with fame?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I dated a popular DJ in San Francisco for 3 years and was able to meet a lot of recording artists backstage. Too many to name, but most of the 90's popular hip hop artists I've met at one time or another.
    The 2 that made the biggest impressions on me though were Boyz II Men and Queen Latifah (who was the most down to Earth artist I've met).

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Theo fleury (book signing got a picture with him) and my sisters half sister use to date dion phaneuf before he got drafted so got to hangout with him and have supper one time.....that's about it lol
  • icu814me2
    icu814me2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I don't have a story. But love yours... So I guess my bush with fame is knowing you on MFP and you kinda meeting Richard Simmons. Yeah that works for me.....

Thanks Mary!! :)
  • icu814me2
    icu814me2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous you got to meet Richard Simmons! I love him and hope to one day become his bff. :heart: :heart:

Send him your picture. That would probably get you a shot at becoming his Bff
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I met Robin Williams at a community day.
    I got to hangout with American Idols a few years back, actually went into Philadelphia to see Wicked, ended up switching seats and sitting with the American Idols that were on tour, next day Gina and Phil called me at work and gave us front row seats and tickets to the meet and greet after the concert. The season with Jordin Sparks, fyi Sanjayi was really strange...
  • FooFatFighters
    FooFatFighters Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've met plenty of famous and semi-famous folks since I'm a photographer. Most famous probably was Bob Hope or Neil Simon. Got to hang with the members of Journey (Steve Perry days), James Taylor, Loretta Lynn & her sister Crystal Gale, Ken Griffey Jr, OJ Simpson (pre-incident), Michael Dell, Bill Gates (I stood next to him, didn't interact with him), Robert Ballard (guy who found the Titanic), Buzz Aldrin and many more. I started out as a concert photographer. Usually it's work related so it's not like I'm really hanging with them. Though I did with Griffey since we were waiting for a phone call from MLB telling him was was player of the year. Most all of those I've met have been gracious and easy to get along with. I photographed the Dalai Lama but he was about 40 meters away. Because I've covered so many I don't get star-struck. I will say that the members of Journey are kinda short and James Taylor is kinda tall. ha
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Tons of bands and DJ's. I went to a lot of concerts as a teenager.

Jerry Springer.

I also met Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O, and Wee Man at bar Orlando right before the first *kitten* episode aired. I was standing in line waiting to get in the bathroom. Johnny decided to show me the road rash on backside.

I have a Jerry Springer story-

He came into a restaurant I was working at on a busy Saturday night. Demanded to be sat (even though we had a big wait for tables) and so to accommodate him we sat him at the next free table there was which was placed next to the womens restroom. It was also in the middle of the flow of traffic so there was no hiding from anyone while he ate by himself.

Later some of his interns came in and were griping about him. So I guess he's not a great boss.

OH.. and I've met Sylvia Earle and had a book signed by her.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    John bonjovi, Cuba gooding Jr, Gene Kelly, Buddy hakitt, Glenn Close. I know I'm leaving someone out
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Michael Hutchence.......twice. Yes very shmexy.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Keith Urban worked out in my gym 3 years ago. i was on an elliptical right next to him and then lifted weights right next to him. Toby Keith has lifted in my gym before. WHILE i was training a client.we couldnt concentrate. i met all of jason aldeans band... he was on the bus with luke bryan hung over. at least thats the story the band gave me. LL!!!
  • bleep
    bleep Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Whole bunch of NBA players. My friends dad worked in the Sacramento Kings organization. So we got to park under the Arena and hang out down there etc. Got to shoot hoops on the court after games and all that good stuff, we had a free suite too. Fun stuff. Funniest player I ever met was Charles Barkley, he's really chatty with everyone.

My personal favorite though was meeting John Elway a couple times, he was a good good dude and was my fave QB growing up.

Also got to hang around a bunch of celebrities for several years at the Annual Golf Tournament in Lake Tahoe. Jim McMahon golfs/walks around barefooted.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Conventions are wonderful places.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Michael Hutchence.......twice. Yes very shmexy.
    Jealous!
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    My best friend and I got to meet Tom Morello in 2003 when we volunteered for Axis of Justice on the Lollapalooza tour. He was so gracious and down to earth, in addition to being insanely smart and talented.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Keith Urban worked out in my gym 3 years ago. i was on an elliptical right next to him and then lifted weights right next to him. Toby Keith has lifted in my gym before. WHILE i was training a client.we couldnt concentrate. i met all of jason aldeans band... he was on the bus with luke bryan hung over. at least thats the story the band gave me. LL!!!

:thud: <<< that's me falling over. No way I could have worked out next to Keith Urban or Toby Keith.....knowing Luke and Jason were outside would have made me leave just to see. :laugh: :laugh:
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    All of The Rolling Stones, who were with John Belushi.
    Richard Harris, Jack Lemmon, and Margot Kidder.
    Ian Anderson and Barrymore Barlow of Jethro Tull. Barrymore invited me to have drinks so I spent the night drinking scotch with him.
    Burton Cummings of The Guess Who.
    Rick Nielson of Cheap Trick.

And many others. I used to work at a big, important hotel in Toronto where many bands and movie types would stay.
  • Tabitha_Faye
    Options
    I met Neil Patrick Harris (from How I Met Your Mother and Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle) at a local Urban Outfitters. He's from Albuquerque, so he's here often visiting.
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My daddy and I sat in the back of Hugh Hefner's limo when his chaufer was polishing it one sunny day in Chicago. I was 10 or 12, too young to be a Playboy Bunny.

I've exchanged emails with Charles deLint about words and storylines.
  • jd1208
    jd1208 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Danced on stage with MIA
  • Hockeydad54321
    Options
    I was in time magazine and on a talk show