Hungry after breakfast

Options
13»

Replies

• loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Scottish slimmers claims microwave oatmeal doesn't keep you full as long as traditionally cooked oatmeal. Sorry I don't know the facts around this.
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    well my 2c worth is my own experience. I am not a breakfast person. I dont eat for first 2 hrs after i wake or i get stomach cramps. but when i do i have discovered a few things. Firstly cereal makes me hungry really quickly. A poached eat on toast does not. plain toast lands somewhere in the middle. So seems sugar first thing. Doesn't work for me. If i do porridge i do it in the slow cooker and if i make it with water i can have heaps and keeps me going easily till 1pm. Good luck finding what works.
  • jeansnpearls84
    Options
    I really like 1 or 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in a glass of water either with breakfast or as a mid-morning snack. Soak the chia seeds for 10 mins in your water and slurp away. I find it really refreshing and very filling :) i buy mine from nuts.com
  • klnor88
    klnor88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Is there fake sugar in the oatmeal? I can't eat fake sugar because it causes me to be hungrier than normal.
  • 2Dozen
    2Dozen Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Eat more. For the love of God eat more.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is a packet of weight loss oatmeal, 1/2 cup peaches or pears, 1 TBSP of flax seed.

Within an hour or hour and half I'm hungry again.

That is like 225 calories for breakfast. Any ideas on something that is about the same calories but more filling or sustaining?

I'm trying to get that last 15 lbs and it is becoming harder and harder to do.
    Well ditch the weightloss oatmeal. if your going to eat Porridge get some proper oats it really doesn't take any longer to cook (yes you can use the microwave if you own one of those) and is not full of sweeteners. Yoghurt, fruits in fact anything. I'd personally go for higher calories for breakfast if you're struggling. My breakfasts average around 500 calories. I don't think its what your eating it's the amount so in reality just eat more
  • LynseyZombie
    LynseyZombie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm eating Weetabix with chopped banana and skimmed milk for breakfast. I understand what you mean by getting hungry again. When I do my exercise I do seem to get hungry after. I would just peck on a few nuts and it helps me
  • coffencr
    coffencr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I stay full longer when I have an egg & toast, than when I eat oatmeal.
  • 19liz64
    Options
    I read that fruit takes 20 mins to pass through the stomach and should
    always be eaten well before a meal.