When Did You Begin To Notice?

Options
Hi, everyone! :)
I'm just curious as to how long it took you all to notice your weight loss versus how long it took others, such as family and friends, to notice? At what time/amount lost did they occur?
Thanks in advance!

-Samantha

Replies

• losinglbslovinglife
    Options
    I'm almost 50lbs down (46lbs on my last weigh-in) & I'm only just starting to notice it in my face, although my clothes speak another story altogether
  • JimSaddler
    JimSaddler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had one person notice when I was at a 20 pound loss. Myself, I'm almost to 30 pounds down now and I'm noticing visual changes. I started noticing the extra room in my clothes almost immediately, though.
  • coffencr
    coffencr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've lost 14 lbs. & I don't see a change but my clothes are loser.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I couple of weeks ago I was paging through photos on my iphone and started comparing my (copious amounts of) selfies from last year vs. this year. Also, when I realized I could feel my collar bones through my skin... you can't see them yet but I've never been able to feel them before!

My fiance could tell a difference within the first 10 lbs or so, he's very observant and makes lots of "Your waist feels so much smaller!" and "I can really see it in your face!" comments, though I don't know how much of that is him being a sweetheart anyway :laugh: I ain't complaining!

As far as friends... I'm sure they've noticed but I haven't had anyone say anything to me yet except once my BFF said that myself and my fiance are looking good. I don't interact with many people on a day to day basis though so it's to be expected
  • explorationerin
    Options
    Ive lost 36lbs and i still dont see any change, although people starting commenting that i look well after about 20lbs and quite a few people this week have mentioned it to me.

My clothes are a lot looser too and ive lost about 18 inches in total from my body so i know im smaller but i still cant really see it!
  • briannanoelg
    Options
    probably around 20 lbs is when some people started to notice. I noticed at 10 lbs because my clothes were fitting better. At 20 lbs I noticed tummy was looking smaller, and just now at 31 lbs I've noticed my legs are a lot smaller. I think its different for everyone and just depends.
  • LaurenPell123
    LaurenPell123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much weight but I've been strength training too, my boyfriend started noticing differences straight away apparently. He constantly tells me my waist feels smaller or abs feel harder :P I thought he was just been nice tbh
    But I went home a few weeks after I started and my family made comments about how my legs are looking smaller and things like that, I myself don't see much change yet - just little things like my shoulders have more definition.
  • LauleaAliyah
    LauleaAliyah Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ff65e746a2262875141dc39c907acc3c_zps82d267dd.jpg
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    When I was about 12 pounds down I noticed, a friend of mine who didn't know I was dieting noticed around 15 pounds down. The more I lose the mmore people bring it up
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have lost 23 pounds, and I can see it all over my body. I have gotten very few comments, though.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    My belly is definitely much smaller. Nobody else has noticed a darn thing though.... :(
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I am down 25ish and while I definitely see it, very few have noticed. Actually only my brother and a couple of coworkers. No one else...nada. Oh well, I'm not losing weight for them anyway. :smile:
  • andylowry
    Options
    After about ten pounds, I had to adjust my watchband and my wedding ring is a bit loose. My jeans aren't as snug around the waist as they once were. Other than that, the difference is invisible.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options

^^This

That said, my wife was away for two weeks, and when she came back, she said "I can wrap my arms around you now!". That was nice.

I noticed a belt notch somewhere between week 1 and 2, and changes in my face somewhere between week 3 & 4. Winter coat was noticeably looser in week 4 as well.
  • losborn52
    Options
    I think it was around 20 pounds when it started being noticeable. I noticed it in belt notches - other people commented that I had a neck again...at 30 pounds I was feeling more agile and stairs became much easier, both upa and down. I'm at 55 pounds total loss now, and yesterday a person commented that I hadn't seen for quite a while commented that I must have lost weight, my pants looked a little baggy. I laughed and told him, yeah, but these are 36" waist, and the ones you saw me in last time were 42s! It was a VERY good feeling!
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    After one week I noticed the difference and how I felt, not so much in how I looked. Just feeling a little better each day because I am not poisoning the body with crap is worth it! The physical change will come!
    Good luck
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    In the mirror, I've still not really noticed a difference. But I've gone down two dress sizes. Other people started to notice at around 20lb down. Critical mass of comments started around 30lb down. Just really want to start to notice it in myself now!
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options

This exactly for me.

My advice is to take lots of pictures for comparison. What you can't see in a mirror, you can always see in a picture.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I could tell every 2 pounds but people start saying things around 40 pounds down
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have lost more than 25 lbs, and I am not really seeing anything yet, but friends are commenting and my clothes are telling me a lot so far. I really can't wait to see it myself. Then I will be very happy
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!