Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I agree with you Jeff

well, we have what we seek nside us. The new version of ourselves. How do we get there? We unlock the door. Who has the key? We do!
  • Staci64
    Staci64 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm 49 (50 in July...ugh!!), been on this journey for 4yrs, getting close to my goal but its been slow-goin.I hit a plateau months ago and have been stuck at it since. After some research and talking to fellow MFP friends I have decided to try the LCHF for a while, starting tomorrow. Feel free to add me and I'll keep you updated on my progress. I try to stay active and think I eat pretty healthy anyway--my Achilles heel is sugar, I need to go to sugar-a-holics....seriously!!! So, I'm doing this to get far away from sugar.
  • Intrigue123
    Intrigue123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I myself used to be on here did really well loosing the weight,but put it all back on as well turning 50 in a few months so now iam really determined to get the weight off.54103443.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Daisy81228
    Options
    I'm a 54 year old YoYo. Had a HA at 49 - thought that was my wake-up call, but here I am again. MFP has helped me before and this time I have my daughter on board to help keep my from straying. Let's do this!
  • esunabelleza
    esunabelleza Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've religiously been using MFP for 1 week for the first time since joining a year or so ago. I'm in my 40's and don't want to go another year not losing the weight I need to lose. I believe that I can do things differently this time on MFP by building a support network and stay accountable to myself. My MFP friend list is short at this point since a lot of my personal friends aren't members. I see the posts from my small network and it gets me motivated. I'm open to friend requests to help anyone else on the same journey.
  • maryholiday
    Options
    Hi, Just started back. At my heaviest and very depressing but going to start holding myself accountable and quit making excuses! Starting to exercise everyday and be aware of what I put in my mouth!
  • Nancylevan
    Options
    Hi I am 63 recently retired and looking to lose at least 60 pounds and regain my former painfree life.
  • Nancylevan
    Options
    Hi there. I am sooryfor your loss, and understand as i too lost my life love 11 years ago. I am just retired and realize I deserve to feel and look better .forme
  • familything
    familything Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 55 year old mother of 2 and have been fighting to lose weight for some time now. I went on weight watcher and lost 20 plus pounds and stop doing what I was doing to loss the 20 and keep it off and keep if off.. Been on MFP off and on for over 2 plus years
    Just pick up the book Daniel Plan by Rick Ross and now I'm looking for anyone else that is currently using this book. The book suggest that you find others thats wanting to make a life style change. So if anyone is currently reading or working on the Daniel Plan please include me in your group.
    thanks ( familything)
  • shawnnagr
    shawnnagr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    My name is Shawnna. Like you I had a scare last May. My A1C was high(7.8) and a big wake up call. I was turned down for life insurance because of it. I have a physical scheduled in May so I am hoping A1C goes back to normal, was only about 1/10 point away in February. All other numbers were great. I was a carb/sweet junkie. Over the summer (2013) I lost 23 lbs. November/winter was rough, gained 8 back due to a surgery. I have rode my bicycle as much as I can since doctor released me in January. Winter in Ohio has been tough. I appreciate you sharing your story. I feel like I need stories such as yours to keep motivated. Thank you
  • JoT2013
    JoT2013 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi

42 and starting again-although I didn't lose my previous weight with MFP.

Friends get us through this...good luck and add me if you want :)

Jo
  • suejenfb
    suejenfb Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and determined to loose weight. I sent you a friend request.
  • lgsprs
    lgsprs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'M ALMOST 50M HAVE TRIED THIS SEVERAL TIMES AND IT WORKS. USUALLY HAVE STRESS IN LIFE FROM WORK OR CHILDREN THAT MAKE ME GO BACK OFF. BUT GOING TO DO THIS.M COULD USE SOME SUPPORT ALSO. :)
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi, Just started back. At my heaviest and very depressing but going to start holding myself accountable and quit making excuses! Starting to exercise everyday and be aware of what I put in my mouth!

Accountability is the key. No one can do this for us, we have to do it for ourselves. Daily! Every DAY! I am with you on that one.
  • allofme32
    allofme32 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Keep trying. You will get to where you need to be.
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 55 from Birmingham, log every day with an open diary. Feel free to add me for mutual support.motivation. :smile:
  • Wonderwomantam
    Wonderwomantam Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 45 and am working on taking better care of myself, which includes losing the extra pounds. You (and any one else) can friend me if you like! I need all the encouragement I can get! We will encourage each other! :smile:
  • Outwardlycalm
    Outwardlycalm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lescartin
    lescartin Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 40, I quit smoking 2 and a half years ago, and now I am 56 ponds over weight due to quitting smoking, so my next challenge is to lose the extra weight. :)
    bump
  • Fanci7
    Fanci7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 50. I have about 100 lbs to lose. Just started this journey. Looking for a friend so we can encourage each other.