Busy Working Mom looking for supportive friends

Options
I am a 32 year old mom to a 3 year old. I also work as a teacher 40 hours a week. Trying to get back into a healthy eating an workout routine and could use all the support I can get.

I don't want to give up this time! I have done weight watchers successfully in the past but can't afford the membership. I feel WW was so successful because of the support system of meetings. Would like to attempt that here instead.

I want to a good role model of healthy living for my daughter as well as be happier with myself.

The weekdays will be my biggest challenge to fit in working out an my hectic schedule. Any ideas/tips and suggestions to making it all work would be appreciated and welcome!

Replies

• jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! You can do this. It becomes routine if you can stick with it long enough :)

I'm 31, mom of a 5 year old and almost 2 year old. I work full time, Monday-Friday. Through tracking on MFP I've learned that I was snacking WAY too much (like 700 calories a day at work just from SNACKS!). I've learned that I ate waayyyy too much fast food. And I'm now learning how to snack better and eat better. I'm also working out 5 to 6 days a week. Thankfully I have a VERY supportive husband and family. My 5 year old is even seeing my changes and is encouraging me!! It's really a great feeling when you have the support at home all the time.

I'd love to connect and help keep each other motivated. It's easy to have a bad day and feel like giving up (today when i woke up it was one of those days). But then I get on here and my drive picks up again :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 33 yr old mom ,I have a 9 yr old Son and work crazy hours.it can be done, just don't give up! :-)
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm older then you but that doesn't mean I don't need to lose any more . I can use all the help I can get . You can add me ( anyone can ) and I'll try my darnedest ( sp) to support ya all.
  • lolliepop82
    Options
    Hi add me if you want. I have previously lost 4stone 6lbs over 2 years on here. Had a break, now back to lose last stone I need to lose.

I work full time and have a 2 1/2 daughter. Its hard, takes planning but definitely achievable x x
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That's the exact reason why I started with MFP - I liked the idea that I could have "friends" like I did while doing WW.

I'm 31, married, and my kids are ages 5 and 2. I work full time and also have my own small mostly internet-based business. You CAN do this, it just takes a little planning and effort. Soon enough, what once took motivation will become just part of your daily routine. MFP tracking honestly does work if you stick with it (trust me... I'm down 71lbs since August 2013). What works best for me regarding food is meal planning. I usually make food in bulk so it'll last a few days, and cut down on work thoughout the busier work days. Here's the URL to a recent blog post of mine if you're interested... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/JDubIsShrinking/view/shhhhh-it-s-a-secret-621961