We need help!!

Options
Hi everyone,

My friend and I started on MFP 10 weeks ago. We have both dropped a few kilos but are currently plateauing at the moment and feeling pretty dissappointed :sad: .

On average we consume 1100 - 1400 calories a day before exercise.
Generally i will burn around 500 calories per workout and my friend will burn around 300.
I get to the gym 3 times a week for 1 hr sessions, My friend comes seldomly but we do do a boxing class once a week for 1hr.
At the moment we are eating mainly a protein based diet.

We are just wondering if you have any tips that will help excellerate our weightloss as it seems to have come to a halt, we see so many wonderful stories of people succeeding through using MFP and hard work and just want to know if we are on the right track. :smile:
Any help would appreciated

Replies

• slacr
    slacr Posts: 9
    Options
    Sounds like your doing an amazing job losing the weight, it's always hard when you get to that plateauing stage hey!

I have no advice other then maybe trying to alternate the form of exercise you are doing, as i have heard just changing the way in which you are exercising can help but i have never tried it myself....anyway goodluck with it i'm sure you will get the extra kg's off before long :)

Keep up the great work :)
  • gegardner
    Options
    I have a friend who plateaued and it was discouraging, but she actually ADDED some calories to her diet, just changing what she ate to more vegetables and low fat items and stuck with it. Pretty soon she was back to losing a pound a week. Good luck.