Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Why so hostile, kids? If you disagree with what you "presume" the original poster is doing, read and move on. Who made the critical folks experts on the best way for this individual to lose weight? While I am not a fan of most "doctor supervised" low calorie diets for me, I would certainly not give my feedback to someone who didn't ask. She simply was sharing her weight loss results, which are commendable. Simmer down, peanut gallery!

It was posted out of concern. OP only revealed that she is under the care of a physician once questioned. Also it's not clear if she is eating back exercise calories, but from her posts it doesn't seem so. And her weight loss so far has been extremely fast. These are all things that rang alarm bells for me. That and everyone asking how she's doing it, which might lead others to try and duplicate what she is doing if not cautioned.
  • dconn3114
    dconn3114 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    AMEN!
  • seabird1082
    seabird1082 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    Good for you! Sometimes the first pounds come off very quickly. Keep up the good work.:drinker:
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    By 4:3 do you mean the very other day diet? How do you like it? Do you feel like its sustainable? Just curious, looking good!
  • kiki2009
    kiki2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've refrained from posting about my diet because it gets deleted and because some rude people feel like their opinion is more important than mine. Please send me a private message if you wish!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I've refrained from posting about my diet because it gets deleted and because some rude people feel like their opinion is more important than mine. Please send me a private message if you wish!

If it is often deleted, then it is quite likely that your diet is extreme, and while it may indeed be appropriate for you, under the guidance of a doctor, it could pose very dangerous for others who try to emulate you.

MFP is all about promoting the learning and adopting of healthy eating and exercise habits and strongly encourages against extreme dieting.

I live for analogies...
    My dad is on heart medicine. He has a prescription for a certain pill that he takes twice a day. It has saved his life and he has seen amazing results. But, if I took that pill, it could kill me. He had to start it at a 1/2 a pill a day, then half in the morning, and half in the evening.. slowly building up until he got to two pills a day. If I took that pill, with my healthy heart, the results would be deadly.

The pill works for him though, and has saved his life. I am no physician and would never tell him to quit such a potentially dangerous course of treatment. But likewise, I am no physician to prescribe the EXACT same treatment for anyone else either. Make sense?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Calm down people. I do 5:2 and even 4:3 from time to time. Perfectly healthy and sustainable. At first the weight loss is bigger but it slow down with time.

Great job OP
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    edit: nvm
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    looking good!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I think she might be talking about the diet that's pretty popular in the UK following a popular documentary. 4 days of eating "normally" and 3 days on a fast of 500 calories.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Wait, what.... you've lost 28 lbs. in 35 days? You have to know that is not sustainable, or healthy.
  • laleonadr
    laleonadr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss!
  • Stay2theC
    Stay2theC Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job!

But who can eat only 500 calories a day?! That's crazy. I would be starving!!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. I am glad that you found something that works for you. That is what we all want. I wish you the best of luck.:smile:
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I can finally see results! It is so exciting to see these changes! I have never posted profile pictures, or have had a profile picture before in fear that my weight/size would be "public record." I was thinking the other day, why should I hide this? I have been changing my life for the better and am down 28 wonderful pounds! On to the next 28!!!

f8c19c4f-38f9-45ff-b479-0e4bd3494ea2_zps097d534c.jpg

ef9f9407-e883-455f-a976-429551613393_zpsc40a1aeb.jpg

So noticeable !!! awesome work, you look fantastic ! :)
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Your doing gr8 !!! Kaap it up !!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Why so hostile, kids? If you disagree with what you "presume" the original poster is doing, read and move on. Who made the critical folks experts on the best way for this individual to lose weight? While I am not a fan of most "doctor supervised" low calorie diets for me, I would certainly not give my feedback to someone who didn't ask. She simply was sharing her weight loss results, which are commendable. Simmer down, peanut gallery!

It was posted out of concern. OP only revealed that she is under the care of a physician once questioned. Also it's not clear if she is eating back exercise calories, but from her posts it doesn't seem so. And her weight loss so far has been extremely fast. These are all things that rang alarm bells for me. That and everyone asking how she's doing it, which might lead others to try and duplicate what she is doing if not cautioned.

Out of concern? Weren't you the one who posted "No, we are not here for encouragement and praise. What a strange thing to claim." Therefore, you aren't here to encourage or care about anyone.

Who made you the diet police? Were you hired by MFP to monitor the site for unsafe diet practices and then "teach" others? If you don't approve, then don't do it. Relax and don't be so arrogant. You could have said something like, "Wow, that's fast. I encourage you to be safe, but you can definitely see your results."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!