crying right now cause I feel like a cow :'( y am I trying

Options
Been exercising and dieting...but havent lost any weight im female. 18 weight 167lbs :'( took a shower and looked at myself in themirror I feel horrible.only been dieting for a week dont expect to much change but I feel depressed. Supposed to go out to dinner with my b.f and his family but I feel like crap. Help.

Replies

• gidgemidge
    gidgemidge Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!! For me, it's helped to just let MFP decide my goals and to eat back all my exercise calories (basically, no tweaking the system!) Then, if I don't see progress, I don't beat myself up over it because I know I'm doing it "right" and should see results soon. :) Changing your goals manually might be best for some people though, but I just know that this helps me with the motivation issue!
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    How long have you been exercising and dieting? What are you eating? How many calories a day? What type of food? What type/amount of exercise are you doing?

Even though you feel like a cow, if you are 167 lbs, you can't look very heavy. Maybe just a little bit. Put on some makeup, fix your hair, put on a cute outfit and get out and have fun.

And let us know about your food and exercise so we can help.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Relax, it wont happen over night, you did not put it on overnight. Keep doing what you are doing.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexy+pants

Check that out.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    As according to your previous posts you've only been at this a few days you need to learn some patience. You didn't put the weight on in 4 days why do think it will come off that quick?
  • Byemyfatself
    Byemyfatself Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You are either consuming more calories than you think, overestimating your exercise calories, or both. Don't get discouraged. Be sure to weigh and measure everything you eat. And I do mean, EVERYTHING. It all adds up.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Calm yourself dear, and try to take comfort in the fact that you are closer to your goal than last week before you started dieting and exercising. That's progress. These days will happen, but you will have good days too. :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    When did you start exercising?
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with how you look. It's your attitude towards yourself. Even if you reach your goal weight you'll probably still feel like this - you'll see something else wrong and find that reason to be miserable. I speak from experience here. First step towards living more healthily is accepting who you are now while wanting to improve.
    You can be overweight and gorgeous. You can be overweight and an amazing person, right? The scale dictates neither beauty nor personality.
    Be patient with yourself and let things happen. My god, it took me 7-8 years and while my weight is lower than I had ever hoped, I still struggle daily with how I see myself, and weight issues surrounding me.
  • 95to5percent
    95to5percent Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    f you are like me when you are not losing you want to give up. I had a week like that this week. I hiked 4 days and went to line dance one day. Had two short walks and did weights one day.

Did the scales reflect that? no! not a pound, and I had gained one the week before. So at the end of the week i looked over my record and what were my observations? I had eaten out 3 times that week, and even though I had ordered carefully I did have two glasses of red wine each time. I was under net calories, because I recorded every bite and drink-- but hey-- I do not think I can have net calories. It does not seem to work for me. Just the 1200 and exercise is a bonus for me to help me feel better.

What success did I see for the week? I can wear my size 12 pants that I haven't been able to wear for 4 months. I went out to eat 3 times and did not eat a plate of bread before dinner, or have dessert. I have more energy, and feel empowered because I am in control of my life....I am on a 365 day commitment... I need to make sure I am charting the correct calories, is it really 1/2 cup? I need to continue to watch the carbs and sugars. And most of all do not be discouraged, This is the rest of my life, and that was just one week. re-commit, learn what works for me, persist, and be accountable and honest with yourself looking for success.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling frustrated with my body, I look at all the things I love about myself. As far as hating your body, losing weight won't make you love your body. You need to love it at every stage of the journey.

Now, as far as weight loss: what have you tried so far to lose weight? Most people say you should get anywhere from 1200-1600 calories a day before exercise. If you start exercising a lot, you will need to eat back some of those calories.

Have you taken a good set of before pictures, that you can compare when you are feeling down?
    Have you taken your measurements? These are a better gauge of fat loss, than the scale is.

Hope some of this helps. Email me if you'd like any tips/tricks of the trade. People on MFP have amazing knowledge to share.
  • hellsbells3272
    hellsbells3272 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Progress will be very slow, but sure and slow is good. Don't expect miracles. Just keep on going and you WILL see results. Are you following a well known type of diet? You need to make sure you are getting good nutrition! Apparently it takes 4 weeks for you to notice any change, and more for others to see it. Keep going. Good luck x
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Stop panicking, give it a chance, a week is nothing.

Calm down, go out for dinner.

It will take a while to lose 40lbs, having the attitude you have now you'll just give up before you've really started.
  • LoriannMM
    LoriannMM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it as a diet! It is a lifestyle change. It takes time for you to adjust mentally and physically. Doing it the right way takes patience and time. You don't want a quick fix you want a long term healthy lifestyle. Keep at it. Go by the mirror during the first few weeks instead of the scale. Your body is adjusting. You will see changes in about 4 weeks. You will do this!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    If you just started exercising you can retain water weight which can mask initial losses, in the short term.
  • alanshave
    Options
    I think the thing to do is to make sure all calories are recorded and pay no attention to the net calories. Stick to your claorie goal but dont make up the calories form exercise, just stick to the original calorie goal. The net calories are more important when you want to build muscle. Keep it up, every little helps, just stick at it.
    21460 Posts: 2
    Options
    HI DONT GIVE UP ITS EARLY DAYS. I WAS DOING GOOD THEN I HAVE BEEN TOLD I HAVE VERY BAD BACK .SO HAVE TO CHANGE PLAN....JUST KEEP CHECKING WHAT YOU EAT. YOU WILL HAVE GOOD DAYS AND BAD JUST START AGAIN.:smile: JUST KEEP READING THESE AND START AGAIN
  • Brittanytwl
    Options
    :) this made me smile
  • moonglo82
    moonglo82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think we all have moments when we don't like our bodies, no matter what shape and size we are. I've lost 130 pounds, and I still have days like that.

Bottom line: you're only a few days in, so you're still adjusting to all of the changes you're trying to make. You might even be a bit hormonal right now if what you're doing is working, because your body is adjusting to all the changes you are making and it's throwing things out of balance for a minute. Keep your head up, remind yourself that you are in this for the long haul, and move forward. You got this!
  • Brittanytwl
    Options
    As according to your previous posts you've only been at this a few days you need to learn some patience. You didn't put the weight on in 4 days why do think it will come off that quick?
    If you read my post u would c I said I dont expect to see results this fast!