HELP! NET CALORIES IN THE NEGATIVES??!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

Also to burn 655 calories you would need to be running at a fair speed for a good 2 hours or so. If you have just used the count on the treadmill (or whatever) it is bound to be way incorrect. Even MFP, Calorie King or Map My Fitness calorie counts are so far out of the field I am very wary of using them in case I overestimate my excersise calories. Maybe cross reference your calorie counts with other sites to see if you get a similar tally.

655 for two hours of running? For just how light of a person and at what speed? Mayo Clinic estimates 606 calories per hour for a 160 lb human at 5mph ... one of the lower estimates.

The math resulting in needing two hours of running to burn 655 calories is suspect.

lol. 655 cals burned in 2 hours of running at about 6mph for a hobbit child, MAYBE. and even then, it would have to be a very small hobbit child.

Yes, I am unfortunately a hobbit child :(

I ran 10km in 62:49 and burnt 344cals and that was running at between 10kph and 11.6kph for 9.5 of those kilometers. OP looks to be about my size 164/59kg ish. I am pretty fit and hobbity though with a low heart rate so that probably lowers my numbers unfortunately. Those calorie estimates are always based on what an average man will burn also, so pretty useless for women or anyone who falls outside the bell curve like us hobbits :sad:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Are you using a mini trampoline by any chance?
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    By George, I think she's got it. Cut her caps lock off and everything

Oh gosh...

Good Job! :drinker:
  • Ambersikes17
    Options

Also to burn 655 calories you would need to be running at a fair speed for a good 2 hours or so. If you have just used the count on the treadmill (or whatever) it is bound to be way incorrect. Even MFP, Calorie King or Map My Fitness calorie counts are so far out of the field I am very wary of using them in case I overestimate my excersise calories. Maybe cross reference your calorie counts with other sites to see if you get a similar tally.

655 for two hours of running? For just how light of a person and at what speed? Mayo Clinic estimates 606 calories per hour for a 160 lb human at 5mph ... one of the lower estimates.

The math resulting in needing two hours of running to burn 655 calories is suspect.

lol. 655 cals burned in 2 hours of running at about 6mph for a hobbit child, MAYBE. and even then, it would have to be a very small hobbit child.

Yes, I am unfortunately a hobbit child :(

I ran 10km in 62:49 and burnt 344cals and that was running at between 10kph and 11.6kph for 9.5 of those kilometers. OP looks to be about my size 164/59kg ish. I am pretty fit and hobbity though with a low heart rate so that probably lowers my numbers unfortunately. Those calorie estimates are always based on what an average man will burn also, so pretty useless for women or anyone who falls outside the bell curve like us hobbits :sad:

Awwwww :(
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Okay so here are my numbers for the day:

Goal: 1490
    Food: 1748
    Exercise: -350
    Net: 1392
    Remaining: 92

How did I do?

AWESOME!!!:flowerforyou: :
  • Angold83
    Angold83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    White foods are extremely high in cals. That might just make me go over, right?
    what? no. I don't.. I can't even...

what?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Angold83
    Angold83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Okay so here are my numbers for the day:

Goal: 1490
    Food: 1748
    Exercise: -350
    Net: 1392
    Remaining: 92