What do you watch on Netflix

Options

Replies

• silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If you haven't watched House of Cards your life is not complete. Just finished season two. O. M. G. :noway:
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    anxiously awaiting season 2 of Orange is the New Black
    this, SO this! I binge watched the first season so it made me sad when I realized the last of the episodes of Season 1 were over.:brokenheart: :sad: :laugh:
    I don't watch while working out but I mowed through Community, Drop Dead Diva, Glee, Pretty Little Liars, OITNB and started The Walking Dead but since I am still in the stage where I am freaked out by the zombies, I have to manage myself carefully as to when/what company I watch it.

I watch a lot of stuff online during long, quiet shifts. Right now working the the US adaptation of Shameless.
    I loved the British version of SHameless... how does it compare? Or have you seen the BBC version? I love British humor but when I tried to watch The Office after watching the American version... didn't really love it! Though I do love Ricky Jervis's (sp?:blushing: )humor typically.

Loving all the suggestions you all watch, it's some great new ideas.. Love love LOVE me some Netflix and I watch a lot of Hulu (not the paid, I get a lot of the free, I guess I have the old link where they don't constantly ask you to sign up)

SO with all the shows you can watch for free on the Net, Netflix and whatever else catches your eye... the price of cable is crazy compared. I cut the cord and haven't looked back!!:bigsmile:

I haven't watched the British version yet... once I am finished with this (halfway through season 3), I might watch it since it's on Netflix (Canadian Netflix... not half the offerings of the US version!). I don't tend to love British shows/adaptations the way some other people I know CAN'T GET ENOUGH of them but it really depends. I think it would be interesting to see the different take on it though.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    anxiously awaiting season 2 of Orange is the New Black
    this, SO this! I binge watched the first season so it made me sad when I realized the last of the episodes of Season 1 were over.:brokenheart: :sad: :laugh:
    I don't watch while working out but I mowed through Community, Drop Dead Diva, Glee, Pretty Little Liars, OITNB and started The Walking Dead but since I am still in the stage where I am freaked out by the zombies, I have to manage myself carefully as to when/what company I watch it.

I watch a lot of stuff online during long, quiet shifts. Right now working the the US adaptation of Shameless.
    I loved the British version of SHameless... how does it compare? Or have you seen the BBC version? I love British humor but when I tried to watch The Office after watching the American version... didn't really love it! Though I do love Ricky Jervis's (sp?:blushing: )humor typically.

Loving all the suggestions you all watch, it's some great new ideas.. Love love LOVE me some Netflix and I watch a lot of Hulu (not the paid, I get a lot of the free, I guess I have the old link where they don't constantly ask you to sign up)

SO with all the shows you can watch for free on the Net, Netflix and whatever else catches your eye... the price of cable is crazy compared. I cut the cord and haven't looked back!!:bigsmile:

I haven't watched the British version yet... once I am finished with this (halfway through season 3), I might watch it since it's on Netflix (Canadian Netflix... not half the offerings of the US version!). I don't tend to love British shows/adaptations the way some other people I know CAN'T GET ENOUGH of them but it really depends. I think it would be interesting to see the different take on it though.
    I hear ya.. it depends on what 'type' of British humor it is. Like Benny Hill? No! Not into that...too wacky for me.

I think I'll swap over and check out the US version of Shameless then and compare. I didn't know anything about the US version until more recently... so that's why I ended up with the British version completed a year or so back.

That's a bummer about Canadian Netflix version not having as much!:grumble:
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    BBC crime Dramas
    Fringe
    Continuum
    Torchwood
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I hear ya.. it depends on what 'type' of British humor it is. Like Benny Hill? No! Not into that...too wacky for me.

I think I'll swap over and check out the US version of Shameless then and compare. I didn't know anything about the US version until more recently... so that's why I ended up with the British version completed a year or so back.

That's a bummer about Canadian Netflix version not having as much!:grumble:

I actually started watching it in a weird, kind of roundabout way... I came home and my boyfriend was watching it, I thought it was the weirdest show (came in halfway through an episode) but I was intrigued. Saw they had it on Netflix and STARTED to watch but then realized it was the British version so went online to watch it... coincidentally the very opening scene around the fire where they introduce each of the kids is scripted pretty much exactly the same. Interesting.

I like William H Macy... he's such an interesting looking person, LOL. He is very convincing in his role. I recently saw him in an interesting (NETFLIX-found) movie as a priest which... well, the juxtaposition of the character roles makes me laugh.
  • MissInfiniti
    MissInfiniti Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The League!!!!!!
  • mayning8
    Options
    Soo many shows:
    Gossip Girl
    Pretty Little Liars
    Prison Break
    Skins UK
    Freaks and Geeks
    & the documentaries about food and health are great! (Hungry for Change, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, Food Inc. etc!)
    (Ted talks are always fun too)

Also I'm so so excited for the new season of Orange is the New Black to come out!!!
  • bestmeicanbe84
    bestmeicanbe84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    On huluplus
    Fresh Meat
    Misfits-season 1&2

Netflix
    SoA
    HIMYM
    Frasier
    HoC
  • 2pupsmama
    Options
    I'm hooked on Bones and really wishing I had U.S. Netflix. You guys have so many more choices!
  • nicolabarratt267
    Options
    I'm on Prison Break series 2 at the moment, loving it
  • sare_bear90
    sare_bear90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Supernatural!!!!! (Jensen Ackles is dreamy...)
    New Girl
    Bones
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    If you haven't watched House of Cards your life is not complete. Just finished season two. O. M. G. :noway:
    I took your advice and binge watched "House of Cards" this afternoon/evening. I have one episode left and then Season 2 begins.

Love it!! Have you watch Scandal? Another political drama... loved that as well... lots of twists and turns, which of course makes for great drama and suspense!:tongue:
  • austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Dexter!
  • moniquelovescats1
    Options
    Lots of Law and Order SVU and CI. Finished Season 2 of House of Cards last week, and this week 2 seasons of a show called "Solved". Now watching The Borgia's which was a Showtime show.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I've been rewatching all of the Star Trek series... I started with Next Generation, then moved to DS9, then to Voyager, now I'm watching Enterprise, and I might follow it up by rewatching TOS. All of this while I wait for them to get more Doctor Who and Continuum.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Star Trek Deep Space Nine currently.
  • Singularity84
    Singularity84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I watch Netflix way too much...

I was on a Joss Wheadon kick for awhile (Firefly, Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse). I also really love Supernatural, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Merlin, and way too many other shows to remember.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I listen to the radio station on my mp3 player when walking or working out. the ipod with my music playlist on my stereo when swimming. I tried once to have a movie going when at the pool on my laptop once but it was way too distracting. But since you mentioned Netflix. I found some great nutution/weight loss/ videos on Netflix that I really like and have watched more than once, actually I watch them again here and there Hungry for a change, knives and forks, food matters, the weight of the nation, America the beautiful, tapped, food inc... probably more but I cant think of them right now. We watch Netflix a lot. I like csi, star trek, comedies, of course the series stuff bates motel, dexter, orange is the new black (hey they are making season 2/out in june 2014), being human, bones, ... pretty much ran them out so I am always searching for new ones.
  • Far_Too_Jones
    Options
    At the moment watching Burn Notice. Before that was my first time rewatching Chuck since it ended.

On a side note, somethin is wrong with me cuz i tried to get into breaking bad and couldnt get through the first season. Didnt interest me at all. Though i had the same problem with Mad Men.
  • courtneyavise
    Options
    I watch the Nip Tuck series while on the treadmill. Its a 100 episode long series and its soooooo good!! I am on season 2, episode 6 and have lost 20 pounds so far. Its working! :)