Tell us your motivation. :)

Options
I used to be so thin and at the time suffering from poor self esteem. I look back and realized how stupid I was and now I look forward to getting back in shape. I'm currently at 186 lbs Over all I want to be in the 130's if I can help it. At the moment I'm looking to lose 20 lbs and I'm already 5 lbs into that goal. I think losing this weight will help me to see I am in control of my life and I can handle my insecurities. I wanted to pursue a career in law enforcement but I want to be prepared for it in all ways. Losing weight to me is very empowering and I've had a **** life. Losing this weight means everything. Before I wanted it because I thought it was about looking amazing. Now Its all about my health and the aesthetics of it is just a wonderful perk. It really hurts when someone tells me " You could be a model is you were thin." I feel like that's the worst counter productive complement ever.

Tell us why you are aspiring to lose weight.

I think one of the best things we can do as people is inspire others to do good. so lets inspire :)

Replies

• futureshopaholic
    futureshopaholic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Love. :)

I've been big my whole life and right now I'm 20 and wanting to lose weight to hopefully find someone to spend the rest of my life with. :)
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    Love. :)

I've been big my whole life and right now I'm 20 and wanting to lose weight to hopefully find someone to spend the rest of my life with. :)

I know it can seem so hard when you first start but one of the perks to be big your whole life is when you workout the pounds just fly off of you. It's the tiny people who have the hard time losing weight. :)
    What are some of the things you are doing to get fit and how have they helped
    ?
    Date a fitness instructor that way you guys can work out together ~
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    To fit back into my clothes, and feel more confident.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    I have a million....
    But I can't seem to stick to anything and the scale just goes up....
    I would say the one that's most hurtful is my husbands never seen me naked...
    But I continue to fail.... I'm not sure I'm sure I've reached a bottom again, but I'm wondering if it will take a heart attic at change what I can't seem to

I think what helps me along is that I kept telling myself to never see it as a failure. Tomorrow is always a new day and a new chance. I think doing this for yourself is the first step. It would be nice to lose the weight for someone you love but that could be why your having a hard time with it. When you make it personal and I mean really personal ( About you ) it's more important.

First step, stay away from the scale. Im 186 lbs and people think im 160 ish. when I tell them how heavy I am they don't believe me. Your body type has a lot to do with where your weight is going. scales can be useless sometimes. I would suggest not stepping on a scale every week. I would weight 3 weeks to a month to check. You also lose inches before the weight! Always true to the word. Inches come first. Weight comes second.

To help me along I have a workout partner. A co worker who quit smoking and needs to be in shape. I also treated myself to nice nike shoes and cute workout tights etc. Things to motivate me. You gotta have fun with your workouts. its not always fun..but trust me when you really want it and you are doing something almost everyday ..that drive to do more gets stuck in you and all you think about is working out.

Music helps too. I love music. I bought some sound cancelling headphones and I use them to zone out and jam.

all in all I would say getting up early or maybe before dinner time find a local track even if its a highschools... put your headphones in and walk. let the music take you away. :) You can friend me if you want. I would love to hear how it all works out for you.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options

I decided that when I lose my weight I was going to get all new clothes. I'm going to save up so I can do this. I'll save as Im working out. people say you should never hang on to your "fat clothes" . I never saved my skinny ones.. made no sense to me. xD I went from a size 4 to a 14... Damn xD
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • charcoalgriller
    charcoalgriller Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    A little too revealing but I want to be able to see ALL of my bride when we make love.

My gut is too big and blocks my view!
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    A little too revealing but I want to be able to see ALL of my bride when we make love.

My gut is too big and blocks my view!

Hey it's cool. I feel like 95% of people on here want to lose weight for similar reasons. everyone want to look good naked.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options

I decided that when I lose my weight I was going to get all new clothes. I'm going to save up so I can do this. I'll save as Im working out. people say you should never hang on to your "fat clothes" . I never saved my skinny ones.. made no sense to me. xD I went from a size 4 to a 14... Damn xD

I lost the weight and gained some back when I couldn't run everyday and didn't adjust my calories accordingly, it's not that much weigh gain, but it put me in a larger size and now I don't have any clothes that fit. I literally need to lose it to get back in my clothes. It's not hanging into skinny clothes, it's the only clothes I have and I don't have money to replace a whole wardrobe. I have clothes that will fit me nice, be flattering, and that I like if I just lose fifteen pounds. I really just want my clothes to fit again haha.
  • kahill19
    Options
    As silly as it sounds but honestly I just want to look like a titan so to speak. When you think of a hero you dont think of a chubby dude. I want to look on the outside what I truly am on the inside. Kinda lame I know.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    Baby fever
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    I have many goals I'd love to achieve over the years and with all of them I'm going to need a strong body (physically and emotionally). The discipline that comes with achieving fitness is something that will only make these goals more attainable, too. And yeah, who doesn't want to look foxy out of clothing? :drinker:
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Apart from being healthier, looking better, being healthier etc.

To prove my ex-boyfriend wrong
  • jamoore94
    jamoore94 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It sounds really bad, but I don't want to be my mother, I love her, and I hate thinking she is not going to be with us as long as she should because she doesn't take care of herself.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    As silly as it sounds but honestly I just want to look like a titan so to speak. When you think of a hero you dont think of a chubby dude. I want to look on the outside what I truly am on the inside. Kinda lame I know.

Not lame at all. I wish I could look like a marvel character so I get it. I used to hate the idea of having muscle as a girl. Now I think its badass.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    It sounds really bad, but I don't want to be my mother, I love her, and I hate thinking she is not going to be with us as long as she should because she doesn't take care of herself.

you and I could talk. I spent my whole life thus far trying to be everything but my own mother. She is a big girl and she doesn't seem to even try. Sometimes shed walk around the house in clothes that didnt fit her and it would upset my friends. She just doesn't want to lose the weight even after the doctors told her she needs to because its killing her slowly.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    Apart from being healthier, looking better, being healthier etc.

To prove my ex-boyfriend wrong

ahh I love it.

I was once told I needed to lose weight. because my boyfriend found himself looking at Skinner girls than me and it made him sad. .... it made him sad. hahaha oh man. I laugh every time. What an *kitten*.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    I have many goals I'd love to achieve over the years and with all of them I'm going to need a strong body (physically and emotionally). The discipline that comes with achieving fitness is something that will only make these goals more attainable, too. And yeah, who doesn't want to look foxy out of clothing? :drinker:

So badly do I want to be able to preform well. Discipline is a major factor in fitness and wellness. good for you though. more power to you!
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options

I lost the weight and gained some back when I couldn't run everyday and didn't adjust my calories accordingly, it's not that much weigh gain, but it put me in a larger size and now I don't have any clothes that fit. I literally need to lose it to get back in my clothes. It's not hanging into skinny clothes, it's the only clothes I have and I don't have money to replace a whole wardrobe. I have clothes that will fit me nice, be flattering, and that I like if I just lose fifteen pounds. I really just want my clothes to fit again haha.

ohhhh at first i was like dont do what I did. I help onto my clothes for so long then I was like... Even if i worked hard i dont see myself fitting into these anytime soon lol
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    A better relationship with God, being around for my husband and children, to feel at peace with myself.