Need 1200 cal friends for accountability and support

Options
Hey Everyone! Been on this for a while now and lost 4kg (about 8lb).

Would like some friends with similar goals. Here's what I plan on doing:

Eating 1200 cals on non exercise days/
Eating back exercise cals (based on estimates from a HRM, not MFP) on exercise days.
Weighing in on Sundays, and if I meet my goal of 1kg (about 2lb) I get a treat.
If I find I'm sticking to the rules but not meeting the 1kg goal on Sundays I'll lower the goal.
Eating sensible portions of healthy, filling foods during the week.

If you feel like friending me please go ahead and include a message - I think it's much better if we know a little about eachother for accountability sake! :)

Replies

• missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My goal on non exercise days is 1300. When I do exercise it is normally around 1600-1800.
    Sometimes I am over, sometimes I am under.
    I'm looking to lose about 70 pounds so if anyone wants to add me feel free, I wound love to help motivate each other!
  • nursembrown
    nursembrown Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok, first of all, how do you get friends on here? And how do you get those cool "lbs lost" bars at the bottom of each of your posts?
    I, too, have decided to do 1200 cal on my non exercise day. This is doable, considering I've been doing really good for the past two weeks with under 1500 no matter what day (exercise or not). Looking to motivate others and be motivated myself. :)
  • missbirrell
    Options
    Add me :) I eat 1200 every day, except exercise days and have since October.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 cals.. and sometimes eat my exercise cals (I know.. it's bad).
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi! I eat between 1200-1350 each day. My highest weight was 181 lb, current weight is 160 lb, and my goal is 120-135 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • sofiacunningham
    sofiacunningham Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I have lost about about 40 pounds from my heaviest (50 at most but gained lately...) but I'm a crazy yoyo-person and fall into binges far too often and ruin all my hard work. I just created a new MFP-account and intend to get myself really focused and stick around 1200/day as well. Having people doing the same thing would be great for the support, as I think sometimes that's where it fails for me. There is no one to hold me accountable (I live abroad and spend a lot of time on my own) and before I've never been "social" on MFP.

My heaviest was 221, I am currently 183-ish pounds and want to reach around 160 - I am 5'9.5

Add me if you want!
    Sofia
  • JanieC93
    JanieC93 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm new to all of this and MFP is recommending I have 1200/day - not sure if this includes exercise or just food intake!
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    My goal is 1250

Add me if you'd like
  • Dopegummie
    Dopegummie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in.

I try for 1200-1300 a day on non exercise day :)
  • valmegb
    valmegb Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm aiming or 1240 kcals on non exercise days but am trying to be active most days!

I'm 5 ft nothing, on a good day, and want to lose roughly 20 lbs.

I really some motivation coz the weight isn't coming off.......
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 cals.. and sometimes eat my exercise cals (I know.. it's bad).

No it's not bad, it's what you're supposed to do.

Although I eat a lot more so I don't really belong in this thread, but I just wanted to put your mind at ease. Women need to stop beating themselves up for eating.
  • JT018
    JT018 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just started MFP and am on 1200 cal daily. I just want to put my stats out there so that it's all in context. I'm 5'0ft, weigh 118 lbs and my waist measurement is 28.5-29" and the circumference of my abdomen/hips is 33". I've never been a slave to the number on the scale. I think the key to this journey is not solely to lose weight but to adopt an overall healthy lifestyle. I will be going more by the number of inches I lose and not by weight. I did set a goal of 108 lbs but ideally I'd like to lose 10 lbs of fat and put on 5 lbs of muscle.

I'll be working out at least 4x a week. I'll be doing HIIT workouts on the treadmill and stairmaster for 20-30 minutes each workout and also doing a 30-45 min weight training routine. I will also be doing yoga along with these workouts. I love the short videos from www.youtube.com/doyouyoga. When I can't make it to the gym, I like to do videos from FitnessBlender and ToneItUp.

Also, when you exercise and those calories are subtracted from your existing caloric intake for the day, don't be afraid to eat those burned calories. Just eat CLEAN calories. As far as I'm aware, the daily caloric goal that is set by MFP is already putting you in a deficit.

Another reason why I'm using MFP is to keep track of my nutrients intake. I LOVE the nutrition tab. I use this to make sure I'm getting all my macros.
  • lookin08902
    lookin08902 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me. I've been on this for about 4 weeks and get below 1,200 maybe 4 - 5 days of the week, so would definitely love some ideas, tips, and encouragement to keep it up! Lost about 4 lbs since started.
  • JaimeH5
    JaimeH5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anyone here can add me.
    I make my food diary viewable to help encourage me to stay accountable. Would love to help motivate others too!
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Carmon (Crazy C). I've been on here since last Feb, '13, so just over a year. However, that said, I've had many hiccups along my journey, with food, living life, not having any "no no foods", w/ everything in moderation and loosely Weight Watchers principals without meetings. However, mostly my struggle with staying consistent with exercising, due to various reasons (being sick, bad migraines, allergies, two small children, being an active stay at home mom, hubby's lay offs, no $$ and mostly recently surgery.

However, that said, I have always kept trying and moving forward, because I REFUSE to give up and I certainly DO NOT have QUIT in my vocabulary. I am a fighter and survivor and I will FINISH what I started and cross the finish line with VICTORY, no matter how long it takes. I DESERVE it and I owe it to myself, and my wonderful hubby and children. I started at approximately 197 lbs on here +\-, I say this because the Weight Watchers scale that I started with is now broken, and Thank God for that because it was WRONG this whole time from 2-5 lbs HIGHER than the new spring scale that I have been using for about 5+ months. However, that said, I know I weighed between 209-212 lbs right before I delivered my last baby, 5 years ago, prior to my last c - section that day. So, overall, I have lost approximately 58-60 lbs since last Fall/Winter +\-. However, on here, per my ticker, 45 lbs with 32 more lbs to go until I hit my ultimate goal of 120 lbs which might be too unrealistic as I'm almost 42 years old and VERY vertically challenged at BARELY 5 feet tall on a GOOD hair day. :laugh:

I workout 6x/week, time allowing. I set my macros/daily goals to 1200 but I'm not steadfast on that. Somedays, I'm under, somedays, I'm over and somedays, I'm right on the $$$. I rely on my HRM (heart rate monitor) and FitBit Force to calculate my exercise burns and adjust accordingly around that. I do not freely trust the food logs on here and/or the exercise burns as they are inaccurate, sometimes grossly so. I do NOT freak out if I go over my 1200 calories as each day is a new beginning. I just try to do better the next day.

Please feel free to add me, BUT include a message as to why you would like to be friends. It doesn't need to be anything lengthy. Just something to show me your dedicated and serious and how you saw me. (I.e. this thread) And, PLEASE ONLY friend request me if you're TRULY serious and committed and supportive to YOURSELF and me as well. I keep my friend's list UNDER 50 for a reason. I'm VERY dedicated to myself and my weight loss/life style journey and also to my friends on here. I'm VERY active with comments, suggestions, advice and friendship and I do expect the same from my friends. I am NOT here to have hook ups, flirting, as I'm HAPPILY MARRIED. I do NOT like drama and/or BS either. So, if that's what you're after, please do not message me and/or ask to be my "friend" as I will not accept it.

Thanks! I look forward to meeting and getting to know you!
  • HappinessFreedomForever
    Options
    My goal is 1200 as well, and I plan to do a 30 minute workout everyday at the gym besides also doing the walk back and forth from school and walking the dog. It's really hard keeping the calories in check, but I have decided I will not eat out until I reach my goal weight. I have about 70-76 lbs. to lose.
  • terryfloresg
    terryfloresg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP this past November and have been on 1,200 calories. I would appreciate some support from this group. I would like to be a part of it. Feel free to add me too. Thanks!:wink:
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. I eat 1200 kcal everyday and run/walk 6-7 times a week. And I will keep doing the exactly same thing as long as it works for me. Plus, I'm supportive and all that :D
  • Fatflump1975
    Options
    Hi all!! Feel free to add me ???? I try to stick to 1200-1300 a day, usually goes a bit pear shape on a sat evening when I have wine????????????????lol
    I find I'm eating the same things all the time so it would be nice to see what everyone else is having to stay within the 1200 calories.
  • ZimberOne
    ZimberOne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) Feel free to add me.

My daily goal is 1200kcals and 40grs of fat. If I eat more than my goal, I definately go for a walk or run. But if I'm under my goal at the end of the day, I'm not eating my excersize cals back because I realized that when I do it, I can't lose weight. I go to gym 3 days a week after work and in-line skating 1-3 days a week.

About 1,5-2 years before, I see myself at 75kgs (about 165lbs) for the first time. Then I started to eat heathier and I could lost 2.5kg (5.5lbs). Then I started to go to gym. About 7-8 months later I was lost 13kgs (28lbs) total. But then I gained 5kgs (11lbs) in 5 months. So I started again with MFP and lost 3.5kgs (7.7lbs) in 2 weeks. My goal is to reach under 55kgs (121lbs).