Exercising at Work!

Options
So following a friends message earlier today she noted that she was going for a swim on her lunch break. sounded great to me.

A company I used to work at had a pretty decent gym with changing and shower facilities on site. Where I'm at now I could go for a run but would be sat festering all afternoon, as there are no facilities to freshen up in. A little wash hand basin just wouldn't cut it.

This got me thinking, how many of you guys have the opportunity to exercise during the working day. Tell all about it.

Replies

• Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My company just opened a gym, and i started today....so far so good....wasn't really happy with the shower as it kept getting cold then hot then back to cold but i feel pretty energized, usually I am just tired at this time
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Most days I take a walk at lunchtime, 30 or 40 minutes. It's not vigorous exercise, I know, but it all helps - and it clears my head for a productive afternoon. And no shower needed!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    We don't have a gym. I work for a small, family business. I wish they would allow a longer lunch break so that I could at least take a long wlk or something. But 3-4 days a week my job can be decently physical. Moving things, cleaning, general repairs and things. By the end of the day, I can work up a decent sweat, and go home tired and sore. I don't count it as exercise anymore though.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym at work but I belong to Snap Fitness and there is one that is just a few blocks away. During the summer I'll go out and walk for 15-20 minutes. I'm lucky that my boss is a triathlete so she understands my need for fitness :smile: I can work from home and do quite a bit so I can also use my bike (on the trainer right now) or treadmill that I have here at home. Mostly though I am an early morning riser so I get up and get my workouts done before work. I guess I just like knowing I have that option if I feel I need it!
  • RichardAshley39
    Options
    Please don't take this as a dig at you people (I used to smoke), but we do provide a smoking area/shelter and accept that people who smoke will go for a few ciggy's throughout the day. I have no trouble with this but we don't make allowances for people trying to get on with a healthier lifestyle.
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    We have showers at work, means I can go running at lunch. I also cycle in once or twice a week.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Most days I take a walk at lunchtime, 30 or 40 minutes. It's not vigorous exercise, I know, but it all helps - and it clears my head for a productive afternoon. And no shower needed!

You're moving and that is what counts :happy:
  • RichardAshley39
    Options

You're moving and that is what counts :happy:

This is true, I just like to make the most of my time and a run at lunch would be a great way to use up the energy I have at that time of day. A gym would be great but doubt that is the bosses major concern at the moment.
  • nicknpick
    nicknpick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't have an actual gym at work. I do body weight squats, leg lifts, calf extensions, and some resistance band exercises everyday in my office. It's not a lot, and I don't usually break a sweat, but it makes me feel better about sitting for so much time. I also like to get up at least once an hour and walk a bit. Most of the time I take 10 minutes to walk up a couple flights of stairs and then back down.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym at work. I bring dumbbells with me and do some arm work in the mornings and squats usually. Sometimes on my lunch break I'll walk or jog around the block. We don't have showers or anything like that. I usually bring dry shampoo to freshen up my hair and extra deodorant and a wash cloth. I change into shorts and t shirt and hang my work clothes up and then change back.