question on MFP..no negativity please

Options
2»

Replies

• rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I've lost from 15 to 35 pounds three different times in my adult life and none of them involved calorie counting. So your question is one I struggle with too; there are clearly other methods.

It's been 8 weeks here, and I've been stalled at the same weight for 4 of those weeks. I find counting calories to be tedious! Yet for some reason I'm still here, logging away and analyzing my nutrition and learning about macros and trying to earn some extra food through exercise. Since I'm actually being consistent, I'm going to stick it out. I just don't trust myself--if I quit here there is very little chance that I'll be as diligent with anything.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well... you could cut loose all of your friends and stay out of the forums, and then you wouldn't have to worry about comparing yourself to anyone. Just use the food diary and forget about the social aspect.
  • jazziamtheboss
    Options
    Hello I am new to the site also and at first I didn't wont to public my food and workout logging neither due to people being rude.
    But one thing for sure we are all here trying to do the same thing and that is to lose weight and feel better about are self's.
    Everyone's body work's different you have to stay focused on you and don't worry about what one things.
    Be thankful for every 1 lb that comes off.I know it's hard and we all find times were we want to give up but that is not going to help anyone of us we can do this.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    But one thing for sure we are all here trying to do the same thing and that is to lose weight and feel better about are self's.

No we really aren't. *shrug*
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I know it should be good for me to stay on track and I feel like I have been eating a lot better! and choosing things with labeled calories so I know exactly what I'm eating. but idk.. I just feel like its causing me stress to constantly have to be thinking about it and maybe I had success before because I was doing it on my own. thx for all your input!!
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I creeped on your profile really quick... are you actually only 7lbs away from your goal? This could be part of the reason you aren't seeing weight loss. The closer you get to your goal weight the harder it is to lose and it generally takes longer.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

No we really aren't. *shrug*

Yeah, not everyone is here for the same reason. We are not all the same. I felt good about myself before MFP. I was just tired of being fat and decided to lose weight the right way instead of taking pills. This is the first time I've successfully lost weight, and for the last six months, I've maintained my weight without logging and no pills. It's also the first time I ever kept a food diary.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I creeped on your profile really quick... are you actually only 7lbs away from your goal? This could be part of the reason you aren't seeing weight loss. The closer you get to your goal weight the harder it is to lose and it generally takes longer.

FYI the OP IS 5'5" and weighs in the 120s if her previous posts are correct. When you are already at a good weight for your height it's hard to lose.
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options

FYI the OP IS 5'5" and weighs in the 120s if her previous posts are correct. When you are already at a good weight for your height it's hard to lose.

THIS!!!! When I was close to my goal, it took me around 3 months to lose the last 5 pounds. I wasn't seeing results quickly or easily. The less weight you have to lose, the harder it is to come off. All you can do it keep working it.

Also, I wonder if you're eating more than you realize occasionally, since you admitted in another post that you have a tough time weighing and measuring your food living with your future in-laws...
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you - I lost 90% of my weight on my own before joining MFP ,Once I started logging here My loss came to a HAULT. I think the problem is getting to many different opinions .. I have always found that if you follow a diet they all work , But when you get opinions from people doing low carb, slow carb, counting calories, high fat, low fat, or high carb , We then get confused and mix them altogether and thats when it does not work.

Try and focus on whatever plan your doing and just use MFP to be accountable and things may just start working for you again.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    "Obsession" doesn't affect weight loss.

What's most likely happening is that your weight loss has caught up to some errors in logging, and that coincided with you joining MFP.

If you open your diary, it may be someone catches something you've missed.

Good luck!
  • allana1111
    Options
    yes I'm 5'5" and fluctuate between 124-127.. but seems to be staying more on the 127 these days. I know I'm at a healthier weight for my height and everything but just wanna lose those last few lbs. I seem to store in in my legs and I just want it gone
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Looking at your profile pic it doesn't seem like you are carrying much excess. In fact you are probably at the point where it really becomes difficult to lose.

As a side note, also from looking at your pic you should look up the word lordosis, because you definitely have it and may want to do some corrective stretching to get rid of it.
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    Looking at your profile pic it doesn't seem like you are carrying much excess. In fact you are probably at the point where it really becomes difficult to lose.

As a side note, also from looking at your pic you should look up the word lordosis, because you definitely have it and may want to do some corrective stretching to get rid of it.

Good grief, she may just be leaning backwards, or she may have it and not need someone to point it out.

Looking at your profile pick, you definitely have

never mind, I'm not that rude.
  • Alyssawinter1221
    Options
    I feel accountable when I use MFP... Do I compare myself to others? Yes. However, I'm a 20 yo female and find that I compare myself to people in real life.. Sometimes to the point of getting sick over it. It is something I struggle with. I am surprised that you get that feeling here - I moreso get a feeling of hope - but I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope you find your way, and congrats on your wedding. :)
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    There is no negative intent point something like that out. A lot of people have lordosis. Its very common in this day and age with working people working desk jobs. Its kind of an important thing to correct because it places your back in a very tenuous position. With a normal spine alignment weight load is taken up by compression force which the spine handles pretty well. When the pelvis tilts you put it in a position where you experience shear force which the spine does not handle well. Its not rocket science to fix but just takes a lot of diligence.

If I offended the original poster, I apologize.

Good grief, she may just be leaning backwards, or she may have it and not need someone to point it out.

Looking at your profile pick, you definitely have

never mind, I'm not that rude.
  • allana1111
    Options
    thx for the diagnosis.