Sleep

Options
How much does sleep actually affect weight loss. I've been averaging 4 hours a night lately due to my toddler and I'm watching what I'm eating but I'm also watching the scale go up every day.

Replies

• nrbrake
    nrbrake Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It definitely can affect it. I've only lost 11 pounds in the last 6 months getting about 4 hours a night. Basically I make crappy choices and my body doesn't function to the best of it's ability so although I'm not sure how much, I would say sleep does affect weight loss but probably more on a long term basis.
  • Nerdycurls
    Nerdycurls Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep has been linked to obesity and weight again. When you don't get enough sleep, your body's hormones to send the signals to your brain about hunger and satiety don't work the same way, and it affects your metabolism. Without proper sleep your metabolism is going to get wrecked. Is there a way to get your toddler to sleep more, or have your husband take a turn of two with being up at night?
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It absolutely affects it! It's all about energy, right? The more sleep you get, and the better rested you are, the better you can perform throughout the day. You'll be more active, and also make better food choices. (At least in my experience.) The whole point is to keep your body healthy and happy. :flowerforyou: