Getting back into this

Options
Hi all! I have dabbled in MFP in the past, but have a hard time keeping my entries up to date - any suggestions? I wind up losing track/forgetting to update and then I'm not getting the best use here.

A little about me, I'm 26 - recently relocated to SoCal, recently engaged, all great motivators to get into shape! Would love some community support/tips to sticking with it!

Replies

• jlib989
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Congratulations on your recent engagement!
  • hcunn14
    hcunn14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I usually log before meals as well, and I find that the more consistent I am, the more into it I get. Now, it's just a part of my routine and I enjoy logging meals and picking foods for the next meal that will balance out my macros. I'm only 3 weeks in and I'm having a blast.. Just give yourself time and be consistent and after that I think you'll be more consistent without thinking about it :) feel free to add me!
  • sarahendrix
    sarahendrix Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, everyone! I figured I would get a notification if anyone responded, so I'm just now seeing these!!

I've been logging before hand/eating the same breakfast/snacks every day which makes it really easy to know what wiggle room i have from there. I also wind up making way more food than the two of us could eat so I have the same lunch for 2-3 days as well.

I've found that just planning my meals out and only buying the groceries necessary for those meals has helped me tremendously.

I'm one week in to sticking to a diet/calorie deficit for real this time, and i'm already down 3lbs from when I started. If that's not motivating for me to keep it going, I don't know what is!!

Thanks for the support and tips, everyone!