When Did You Begin To Notice?

Options
124»

Replies

• Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i had held steady at 190ish for a long time, and then put on a few pounds, and i could see it in my face, but then i lost just those few pounds and i can tell. now that i've lost a few more (maybe 8 in total? not sure i weigh in later today) i can tell that my mothers apron looks flatter. even my 6 yr old commented on it. but because it gets tucked into my pants anyway, i havent noticed a change in how my jeans fit. i'm only just under where i had started to put on weight, so i probably wont need to go buy new jeans till later on. i have a feeling i'll need new shorts this summer though.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

I feel like I notice weird suff too due to my weight loss. When did the shape of my lower body change? When did I get a collarbone, and ribs? When did all restaurants install these super huge booths and when did they start making such big office chairs?

;-)

I'm looking forward to taking a long haul flight in May and feeling like they've widened the seats! :smile:

Oh yeah!!! Great NSV
  • dcnpaul
    dcnpaul Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is a really good question! I noticed a difference when I had to buy a new belt because my old belt did not have enough holes in it.:drinker: This last weekend I was at a gathering with people I hadn't seen in a long time and everyone was "amazed" at how good and healthy I looked. Someone even took a picture and sent it to me - Wow - what a difference! I didn't know I had changed that much.
  • x_Samtastic
    x_Samtastic Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's really inspiring to hear everybody's story! Congratulations to all of you on any and all weight loss you have achieved!
    You all are pretty fabulous :drinker:
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    I thought I'd notice sooner, but other people seemed to catch on before I did. Lots of friends telling me I looked good and whatnot. I was looking forward to the day when I could look down and see the floor. Lost 50 lb (260- 210) and my waist is pretty small, it takes effort to see my tummy now... but unfortunately, still can't see my feet... didn't take into account that I'd still have a chest, apparently... haha
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    For me, it took about a 20 pound loss (from 260 to 240) for my clothes to feel looser. Other people noticed when I lost about 50 pounds.
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ff65e746a2262875141dc39c907acc3c_zps82d267dd.jpg

I like this :)

I am down 22 lbs, and I can really tell on my frame. so have my friends.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I actually notice it before friends and family because my clothes are fitting differently...scale isn't moving much but I'm down 4 skirt sizes and I am SO happy about it!

Family/friends notice my face is skinnier.
  • Dreamingallday
    Options
    Yesterday I really started to notice, so about 2 months after starting to count calories, prepare better meals and exercise.

I went to get new tops yesterday and instinctivly went for the XL or XXL to try on. My boyfriend just laughed and took those away and put an L and M size in my hands. The M is still a bit snug, but I should be there fairly soon and L fits perfectly right now.

I no longer have a muffin top with my jeans, even when they come fresh out of the dryer, which has been a huge problem in the past. And my new bras that I had to use the last clasps on a month ago are now on the third. :)

Needless to say, I am experiencing quite the high today and will be continuing with it. :D
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    i've only lost 4lbs since starting again and i can already see the difference, so can my fiance and family.

My fiance was all "wow baby you look so much skinnier" after 2 weeks of working out.

It all depends on the person, everyone loses weight in different areas. I tend to start losing from my stomach area first so it's easier to see the change(though i'd love for my legs to slim down a lot quicker)
  • emilysfatsuit
    emilysfatsuit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I began seeing less of my double chin and feeling, then seeing, my collar bones poking out at about the 20 pound/2 month mark. Friends, family, my boss, etc. (frustratingly) have only just begun to comment/notice over the past 2 weeks, when I had already lost 40+ pounds over the past 5 months. When I put in this much time/effort into anything, I (vainly) want compliments! lol When no one said anything month after month, I reminded myself that I'm losing weight for me. I noticed the positive changes, and that is all the validation I need. :)
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    This
    After one week I noticed the difference and how I felt, not so much in how I looked. Just feeling a little better each day because I am not poisoning the body with crap is worth it! The physical change will come!
    Good luck
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!