HANGRY

Ok.. somehow I've eaten..
2 strips veggie bacon 60 cal
1 greek 0% fat yogart black cherry 100 cal
1/2 trader joes veggie wrap sandwich 185 cal
5 chocolate and nut back to nature cubes ( one serving 140 cal)
12 cashews 110 cal
1 serving kettle corn pop chips.110 cal
1 bottle watter
2 cups coffee 31 cal
i've gained 2.7 pounds since 5:30 am and am still so hungry i want to rip the flesh off my hands and chew down on them. Cannot remember not being STARVING!

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    To be honest, a gain of 2.7 lbs is pretty minimal from eating. You added lots of fluid and food weight to your body. You'll lose most of it again without even being aware of it.

If you are hangry, it's time to look at satiety. You don't have to suffer to get to good health.

Unfortunately, due to my own food restrictions, I can't really evaluate what you've eaten to tell you why I think you might not be satisfied because I can't eat a good deal of it. Someone else will come along and help though.

Edit: Did I do the math right that you are at 700 calories? You still have lots of room to eat, so if you're hungry, eat. :smile:
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Are you sure you're physically hungry and not emotionally hungry?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Why are you weighing yourself repeatedly throughout the day? Your body weight FLUCTUATES. ALL THE FREAKIN TIME.

Seriously, OP, this is your 3rd thread about this.

If you're hungry, eat something. Listen to the advice given in your previous threads.

WEIGH YOUR FOOD.
    LOG EVERYTHING, EVERYDAY.
    BE PATIENT.

This is the last time I'm replying to your threads. Either listen or don't. Only you can do something about your weight. It's not going to magically poof away.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Why are you opening so many threads?!? And also, why did you weigh yourself twice in a day, not to mention that you said you already weighted yourself on Saturday in another post? What are you exactly trying to achieve? :ohwell:
  • kristapolito
    kristapolito Posts: 1 Member
    Eat, not eating will slow your metabolism. Never weigh yourself during the day. Only weigh yourself first thing in the morning on Friday mornings, if that.
  • Seek professional help
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    141 posts in a maximum of 50 days or so? Nice.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Why are you weighing yourself repeatedly throughout the day? Your body weight FLUCTUATES. ALL THE FREAKIN TIME.

Seriously, OP, this is your 3rd thread about this.

If you're hungry, eat something. Listen to the advice given in your previous threads.

WEIGH YOUR FOOD.
    LOG EVERYTHING, EVERYDAY.
    BE PATIENT.

This is the last time I'm replying to your threads. Either listen or don't. Only you can do something about your weight. It's not going to magically poof away.

^^ This. Why on earth would you weigh yourself multiple times a day, if you are still not getting that the weight gain is not actually weight gain, but just the weight of your food ? Food does not simply poof into thin air when you eat it. It does have weight and thus the scale will go up until it has passed through or been used for energy or whatever else it does once the digestive process starts.

If you are hungry, then eat something, preferably high in protein and/or fat. If you are getting overly obsessed, then take a step back or seek help before it goes any further.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    You really need to put the scale away and eat something. And not a salad, apparently.

Weigh yourself first thing in the morning, naked, right after you pee. And since you're so hung up on it, I'd suggest you only weigh yourself once a week.
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Um... I see nothing wrong with anything you've eaten. Most of it sounds pretty tasty, too! If you're still hungry, eat the other half of that Trader Joe's veggie wrap. I haven't had that one, but I love, love, LOVE the spicy lentil wraps.

If you're getting frustrated, maybe take a 5 minute walk around your home/office/wherever you are.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    What's the problem, I'd eat that much and I still have 1,000 calories left over. Plenty of calories for a sensible dinner and ice cream for dessert.
  • osothefinn
    What's the problem, I'd eat that much and I still have 1,000 calories left over. Plenty of calories for a sensible dinner and ice cream for dessert.

You're not empathizing enough with her pain yo! Get on the pity bus. :P
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Eat, not eating will slow your metabolism. Never weigh yourself during the day. Only weigh yourself first thing in the morning on Friday mornings, if that.

Is there something magical about Fridays I am unaware of?

I know about Happy Hour but was unaware of anything to do with it being the optimal weigh in day.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    1- stop weighing yourself multiple times in a day, its pointless
    2- weigh yourself once everyday at the same time every day to get an accurate trend
    3- try adding real food (homemade, green, fresh) to your diet instead of per-packaged things
    4- patience, weight loss is not linear, you will gain and you will lose.
    5- if you are truly hungry (not bored or emotional) then eat, i recommend something high in protein to help you feel full (like eggs, meat, fish, greek yogurt)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member

You're not empathizing enough with her pain yo! Get on the pity bus. :P

Oh.... uhm.... okay.....

Sorry, I got nuthin.
  • osothefinn

I know about Happy Hour but was unaware of anything to do with it being the optimal weigh in day.

Before the weekend temptations I assume.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member

Before the weekend temptations I assume.

Huh... I will have to change my official day then I guess. I've been using Saturday mornings after a Friday out!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member

Hahaha Fridays are magical - you've been good all week and it's before all the damage people tend to do on the weekend. Then again, the water weight loss due to happy hour always makes my Saturdays pretty good too :laugh:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Ok.. somehow I've eaten..
    2 strips veggie bacon 60 cal
    1 greek 0% fat yogart black cherry 100 cal
    1/2 trader joes veggie wrap sandwich 185 cal
    5 chocolate and nut back to nature cubes ( one serving 140 cal)
    12 cashews 110 cal
    1 serving kettle corn pop chips.110 cal
    1 bottle watter
    2 cups coffee 31 cal

Taking a gander that bacon and yogurt is breakfast, and the 1/2 wrap and cubes are lunch, and the cashews and kettle corn chips are attempts to manage the hunger?

Add some more bulk. Have full fat yogurt with the veggie bacon and a piece of fruit or some scrambled eggs. Have a cup of soup, salad, or a side of rice and beans with your sandwich. Don't stuff yourself, but don't expect your tummy to run on half empty, either.

*You may also just be someone who needs to eat often to not feel hungry. You have to get strategic with it if that is you. I plan my days around assuming I'll get hungry a whole bunch of inconvenient times and pack quick snacks to get around that (nuts/seeds, protein bar, whatever.)
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    atarkus.jpg