Shrinking Stomach?

Options
I just did a search to see if this was actually possible and found this story.

http://www.lifescript.com/body/diet/diet-tips/shrink_your_stomach__myth_or_fact.aspx

It’s the incredible shrinking stomach! If this sounds more like a fable than a fact, think again. While you may not be able to physically shrink your stomach like bariatric surgery can, you can definitely shrink your hunger.

According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, following a reduced-calorie diet for four weeks can help you shrink your sensation of hunger. Reducing the amount of food your body needs to feel full means you can actually eat less without feeling like you’re starving.

While reducing caloric intake does take time (four whole weeks), it’s well worth it. Although you may feel like it’s torture to cut calories, in the end you’ll be leaner and healthier.

Who wouldn’t want that? To start shrinking your hunger pangs, fill up on foods that are rich in water and fiber, such as fruits. As your body adapts to eating fewer calories, you’ll notice that you don’t crave as much food as you used to. That definitely spells success for your diet!

Check out Health Bistro for more healthy food for thought. See what Lifescript editors are talking about and get the skinny on the latest news. Share it with your friends (it’s free to sign up!), and bookmark it so you don’t miss a single juicy post!

Replies

• Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Oooo thank you for the post!
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sounds AWESOME!!

Yeah...I've already noticed that I'm not craving food at every second of the day like I was when I ate crap and sugary foods.
  • leslieheb
    leslieheb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This does work.. the first couple of weeks i was on my diet and trying to eat less I ws hungry but slowly I started feeling full with less and less food intake...... now I can only eat a small plate of food before i am stuffed ....
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    keep in mind when you diet, you enter a state of ketosis and when you do you actually lose your appetite..its a great feeling. but once you do eat those great carbs like pizza you will eat alot and cheat.. but yes it works as logn as you dont go crazy eating nothing