How come there is no exercise option...

Options
For sex? Is it that taboo still that one cannot select that I had sex for some exercise? I'm sure it's more effort than walking slowly.

This post may be just out of left field.

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Take a second to think how many variations there are and the different caloric expenditures for each.
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I just log it as 7 seconds of intense cardio.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Overachiever.
  • ColorRunnerArianna
    Options
    You can always use an online calculator that estimates how many calories you burnt. Then you can just add it to your diary and you'll be able to use that from then on. I've done that with a couple things because MFP didn't have an option for it.
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Overachiever.

Practice makes perfect!
  • tegalicious
    Options
    I read somewhere that it doesn't burn that many calories.... Not enough to count as exercise anyway.....
  • karmacomatic
    Options
    Thank you so much oh my goodness. I laughed out loud!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Honey, if you're thinking about how to log your sex as a workout, you're doing it wrong.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Found formulas on other sites, created my own custom exercise.

Edit: It can totally count as exercise, unless your sessions are "sweet, and straight to the point"
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Honey, if you're thinking about how to log your sex as a workout, you're doing it wrong.

QFT
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Fishing...doing it right.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    LOL just wear a HRM. That won't kill the mood at all. :wink:

jk, but honestly I don't count them because you really don't burn as many calories as you think. Besides, I exercise so I can do other activities, like sex, without losing my stamina and having to stop in the middle to catch my breath.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I heard before someone added it as a custom exercise called "Making Waffles." lol!

I would add it yourself, go look around on other websites and see what they have to say about your calorie burn given your height/weight/position.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    I just think of it as breaking even, what with the whipped cream, chocolate, and other cals consumed during.:wink:
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I figure it is taken into account for my daily calories for activities...plus I want to think of sex as purely pleasure...not as exercise.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    OMG, people, it's "Walking dog, 2.5 mph". :grumble:
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I heard before someone added it as a custom exercise called "Making Waffles." lol!

I would add it yourself, go look around on other websites and see what they have to say about your calorie burn given your height/weight/position.

On another site I belong to, we call it "playing scrabble."
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Log it as 'coal mining.'
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I included it when I set my day activity level. :smokin: :smokin: Sorry you have to log it when it happens.
  • fairefaerie
    fairefaerie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've added it as a "walk" for the duration before, but I would love one of these websites that will give me a caloric ballpark.