Are there any ladies over 60 here?

Options

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, there ...... I'm 62 and have been working on this getting healthy stuff for the past 5 years, first on South Beach, and now here ....... lost 40 pounds by changing some eating habits & walking a bit each day ......... nowadays I still make mostly good choices at each meal ..... and get to the gym 4-5 times a week for cardio & weights.

Gotta keep moving in the right direction :drinker:
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I turned 60 in May, I have added some of ya as friends, glad for this thread. Maintaining since July, joined last February.
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi,

There are lots of us! There is even a group on here of age 60-plus MFPs, with hundreds of members. Check it out!
  • mtlkate
    mtlkate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 and have been on MFP for over a year. I welcome anyone to add me if they like.
  • frespirt1002
    frespirt1002 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 65, just started going to the Y to use my Silver Sneakers, FREE. Yeah!! I am trying to keep up with the 75 year olds. I'll get there. Just started MFP and also have the FitBit Zip. Things are going well so far.
  • MrsCarolC
    MrsCarolC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm the oldest so far. 71 headed for 72. Feel free to friend me. I'd like to find a one on one daily e-mail support friend too.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Here! Here!!!! I'm 63, lost 63 pounds, and have been on maintenance for almost a year. MFP is an integral part of my life now, I log all my meals and exercise every day, and am determined NEVER TO BE FAT AGAIN!!!!

:happy: Clapping Good for you! Love seeing the ladies here, trailblazers all of you for those coming up right behind you. My whole fitness goal is be strong and fit through out my whole life!

• rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi...I just turned 64 in January. I've lost about 75 lbs. and have been working on maintenance for about 8 months. I find that I can easily slip back into old habits so I continue to log most days. Plus the support from some good people here helps when I have one of those tough days. Good luck to you and all others who are working on better health.

My hat is off to you! :happy:
  • janeytom
    janeytom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 64, live in NH, and have been here for 5 weeks. After trying every "name brand" diet out there, I'm here, doing it the old fashioned way, counting calories! I am loving this life! My FitBit Zip is arriving Wednesday- yeah! I walk daily at the grocery store- my bum hip screams at me if I walk long distance without something to hold on to. I've started lifting 5 lb. weights, and no longer have to ask my DH to lug the cases of water, or shovel the walkways...
    I am an art teacher (in my home studio), watch 3 of my 6 grandchildren after school, and care for my mom, who lives with us.
    That's it- me, in a nutshell!
    I check in/log in every day, so if anyone wants a buddy, just ask. I'm NOT into heavy lifting. Yet LOL!
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm 63, post everyday, and want to lose another 50 pounds. Feel free to add me as a friend. I will support you.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    61 and post everyday! Add me if you wish!
  • maryy33
    maryy33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi really dont post on here alot., i will be 70 in sept., as of janiary of this year i decicded to take care of me first., first is loseing the weight., i will all the ladys over 60 good luck., mary
  • Beelee2014
    Beelee2014 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello. I will be 60 this May, so feel free to be a friend.
  • 1MissTanya
    1MissTanya Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm Tanya. I'll be 56 next week and looking for support from our generation. Needing to lose 40 to 50 lbs. I was born and raised in Colorado. No kids and no family left. Need some support.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm among the many over 60 who find support here on MFP. I've lost 60+ lbs, exercise 4-5 hours a week, and have a Fitbit One that helps me understand how much I need to move every day. I, too, have tried every program out there, with limited success on some of them; I am a Lifetime Weight Watchers member, having achieved Lifetime then gaining 40 lbs back a few years ago. Got serious again and went back to the program and got back to my WW goal weight. I became discouraged that, despite counting "points" I could not lose much weight, so got serious about exercise. That was the key for me, and I began losing a pound a week, consistently. MFP really helped me connect the two ideas of watching what I eat and moving my body more. I feel better than I have in years, but know it's a daily battle. Friend me if you'd like.
  • Sharonneaton
    Sharonneaton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to turn 65 next month and you can add me if you like. I could always use or give support as well.:smile:
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am 61 years old and will be turning 62 this year. I have yo-yo dieted my whole life, and after my divorce, completely gave up for about four years. My weight was the highest it ever was. I became depressed and decided to do something about it. I lost about 20 pounds and started dating. I was so stressed out, that the weight just fell off. Then I met the love of my life and got married. In the first year, I gained 15 pounds. That's when I found MFP. It's helped me to lose the weight by logging and introduced me to exercise. If others could do it, I could too! Feel free to friend me. I am very supportive.:heart:

Lucy in DE.:bigsmile:
  • OldRedHen
    OldRedHen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 61, just starting to use MFP with a FitBit on order. I'm an ex-skinny who has had a weight problem for the last few years due to a combination of menopause, hypothyroidism, giving up smoking and leading a more sedentary lifestyle since I moved from the UK to Canada 8 years ago. I've been clinically overweight on and off (and yo-yo dieting) since 2007.

I'm moving back to the UK in July this year, and determined to lose the bulk of the weight I put on before I get there. I started dieting at 164.5 lb in January and am now down to 157. I've just switched from WW to MFP which I think will meet my needs better.

Below 154 lb will get my BMI to below 25, which is my first goal. But my 'ideal' weight is 135 lb.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wondering if there are some older folks here or if it's just young whippersnappers. :laugh:

If you look further down the list of forums, Under group forums you find The Senior Golden Sneakers. Folks in this group are generally 55 and older but go up into the 80s, and 90s. We all want to stay healthy. There is an ongoing support thread, and other topics. You don't have to become part of this circle, but you might enjoy visiting and seeing if it fits.

Under the main forum, Motivation and Support, there is a thread for women 55+ that is also very active.

I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

Connie
    Pomona, MO
    Age 72 in years, 32 in heart.
  • Beelee2014
    Beelee2014 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello I will be 60 on May 17 and it would be nice to be friends.