favorite 100 calorie cereal???

Options
Hello MFP friends. What is your favorite 100 calorie cereal? I am looking for more variety in the morning.

Thanks~

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    My favorite 100 calorie breakfast is egg whites and buttered toast. If I eat cereal, I find myself hungry again within a couple of hours.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You could eat any cereal you like for 100cals, the quantity will just vary.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    You could eat any cereal you like for 100cals, the quantity will just vary.
    ^^^this^^^

Cheerio's & Grape Nuts with raisins are my go-to cereals...But I only do this when I have to at a hotel or something. I like a little more protein for breakfast.
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    since I eat so early in the morning I have to have protein for breakfast as well. When I do eat cereal for the calories and the "crunch" I go for Honey Bunches of Oats Almond
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I have never found a cereal that low in calories per serving that doesn't taste like cardboard. It's worth taking the extra hit on the calories for taste, in my opinion!

What about porridge? I buy wholegrain porridge from Marks and Spencer - it's 111 calories a sachet. Then if you want low calorie, add some almond milk to it for about 25 cals - 136 cals total.

Or if you must stick to the 100 cals, what about an egg white omelette? Mushrooms, spinach, onion, and pepper fillings would all make it below 100 cals, and you'd get more protein. Shame to waste the yolks though!
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Closest I come to cereal is Granola with Yoghurt and fruit. pretty much daily. I don't add stevia like so many seem to - I like the taste of plain yogurt . Typically this comes in at 200-225 depending on the fruit i use and keeps me going all morning with the addition of a couple of cups of tea over the morning (I eat at 6-630 am and lunch at 1130-12). If I flip it up it's for Oatmeal with fruit which comes in about the same. I was eating eggs/bacon ie atkins style for a while and the only issue was using up more calories so it limited my choices later.
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    I like Cinnamon Puffins, but instead of milk I sprinkle the cereal on top of plain Greek yogurt mixed with berries. This never fails to keep me going till lunch.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Fruity Pebbles!

label083241.gif

post-fruity-pebbles-cereal-159550.jpg
  • Marcus_Anthony
    Marcus_Anthony Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    80 cals - 2/3 cup Fiber One Original (labeled 60 calories) cereal
    20 cals - 1/3 cup almond milk
  • Chrystine71
    Options
    I lLOVE kids cereals! So to cut down on sugar intake and calories, I have a HALF serving of one of my "sugary" favorites but mix in a generous cup of either puffed wheat, rice or corn. It "bulks up" the bowl and you still have the sweetness and taste of your favorite cereal yet feel like you had a huge bowl of it. The puffed cerals are typically only 50 calories per cup! Works for me
  • Heather_Nichole15
    Heather_Nichole15 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Cap'N Crunch is my fav ceral. Plain or with milk, although you don't get much of it for 100 calories :)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Natures Path Organic Flax Plus
    110 calories-3/4 cup serving
    5g fiber
    125mg potassium
    4g sugar
    4g protein

Tastes great! I use Silk Almond Milk. I have cereal one day and 2 jumbo eggs the next.

ETA-I add almonds, walnuts, tart dried cherries and cinnamon to my cereal.
  • Chrystine71
    Options
    Try mixing a cup of puffed wheat in with it! :-)