I need a treadmil (not a clothes hanger!)

Options
i would really love to find a good, affordable tread mill...something maybe $300 or below?! I love to walk (and sometimes run) and would love to do this so i dont have to drive to the gym everyday! I promise, it wont be a clothes hanger (its goin in the living room dammit!) Any one know of a place/site i can get one?! Danka!

Replies

• epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Craigslist or Freecycle
  • JCulp1990
    Options
    try craigslist. I always see them on there
  • Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I was looking into treadmills awhile ago but never got one. From what I remember of my research the motor is everything. Make sure that's it's got a bit of power spare at the point you're mostly likely to be using it. There're some good fold up ones these days if it's going in the lounge.
  • MarriedMama
    Options
    Hi!

Just an extra idea for you: consider trying Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk/jog video. It's a great work out, cheap, and doesn't take up any extra floor space. I've been doing it for awhile now, and I have amped it up by adding weights in to the routine. It's been a great calorie burn for me: approx. 700 calories (when using weights) per 5 miles completed.

Merry Christmas,
    Married Mama
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I was looking into treadmills awhile ago but never got one. From what I remember of my research the motor is everything. Make sure that's it's got a bit of power spare at the point you're mostly likely to be using it. There're some good fold up ones these days if it's going in the lounge.

Absoluely agree with this!

It is worth paying the money that will mean the treadmill has a maximum speed that is way above what you will normally have it going at. For instance, if you usually run around 7mph, get a treadmill that can go at least at 10mph. If you only get one that goes to 7mph, you will have it running at 100% and it will eventually burn it out.

What about looking online, they will deliver then.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    But they make wonderful clothes hangers.
  • Hummmingbird
    Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
    Options
  • Hummmingbird
    Options
    wow! thanks i never thought of that! Ill definately keep that in mind. thanks guys!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    CRAIGSLIST!!! I found mine there for only $100. Of course it's not the new, state-of-the art models that are out there now, but it works! keeps track of my heart rate, time, cals burned, etc. I was looking for MONTHS until I found it though, so don't give up!
  • KSABADO09
    Options
    I know you want a treadmil, but I saw an elipticle at Wal-Mart for $278.00. I want one also for Christmas!:wink:
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    Walmart has golds gym treadmils for around 300ish.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    If you're talking a new* one, sorry, but be prepared to spend more than $300 to get something that won't be a huge disappointment and not last very long. If you save up or have the means to raise the amount you're willing to spend, you'll be much happier in the long run. <pun not intended LOL>

You're a lot lighter than I am so you can probably get away with spending less than I did. When I bought mine, I was roughly 340 lbs so I needed something really sturdy for running distance on. Yes, even at that size I was still determined to run 3 miles...thanks to my 8 yrs of USMC brainwashing. That was the standard, minimum distance we ever ran. I did get a super deal on a very solid one from Costco.com, $999 with free shipping delivered right to my house. I've been very happy with it...and it seems to tolerate me as well. :bigsmile:
  • Hummmingbird
    Options
    If you're talking a new* one, sorry, but be prepared to spend more than $300 to get something that won't be a huge disappointment and not last very long. If you save up or have the means to raise the amount you're willing to spend, you'll be much happier in the long run. <pun not intended LOL>

You're a lot lighter than I am so you can probably get away with spending less than I did. When I bought mine, I was roughly 340 lbs so I needed something really sturdy for running distance on. Yes, even at that size I was still determined to run 3 miles...thanks to my 8 yrs of USMC brainwashing. That was the standard, minimum distance we ever ran. I did get a super deal on a very solid one from Costco.com, $999 with free shipping delivered right to my house. I've been very happy with it...and it seems to tolerate me as well. :bigsmile:
  • Hummmingbird
    Options
    awesome! i could definately do an elliptical too but i want something that my bf will use too and i need to be able to run better due to being in the military...

PS. oorah to you marine! :)
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    before treadmills were invented there was this thing called a road that just goes on and on and you can run and then run the other way and it has more air alleviates stress and its free
  • Hummmingbird
    Options
    yeah um, thanks i kinda knew that. However when you live in a place that gets 20* and it snows and ices you really want to look at the dangers there. And have you ever seen Jersey drivers? ESPECIALLY in the winter?! ;-)