MFP Runner's Club 8/2

Options
2»

Replies

• StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    OK, I did it I got on the treadmill. But it seemed as though everything was trying to work against me.

As most of you know, I had a pump up 2 days ago and while normally it doesn't bother me to much, I am so much larger than I am planning to be and it really is a little soar and running was kind of tough, but I pushed through it and after about 10 minutes wasn't to bad.

It just seemed like it was getting hotter and hotter, but I was going with it and just sweated my @$$ off and was excited I was doing well for me on a treadmill.

Then my toe started to hurt (like a blister starting) and I had to quit because I plan to run on the street in my other shoes and didn't want to have a blister for my bigger run. But I got in three miles before that so while it wasn't a big run it was a good warm up for tomorrows 7 mile run I am planning!!!!

So I check to see if it is hot or just me, and my house is getting hotter, 82 degrees while the air origiannly set at usually 76 to 78 I turned it down to 74 trying to cool it down but still nothing. I think my air conditioner went out & I live in the desert! (it is already over 100 outside, but at least there is a breeze) My husband is out on a job and sometimes these jobs are only a day, but sometimes they are days. The box outside that usually is running when the air is on wasn't doing anything. It is a fairly new house, we were the first in it 6-7 years ago, how long do they usually last?

I don't know if anyone caught that, but I am going to bump up my run tomorrow, I am going to do 7 miles for the first time!!! I am going to plan my route tonight.

Good weekend to all, SM
  • inadelirium
    Options
    I got up prepared to do my "long run" on the only bike trail in my town, with a friend. Only to find out I'd been flaked on! :noway:

I had to drag myself out to do it. Regardless I opted to the gym (running alone is not something I'm okay with) I was able to do 10 miles at a steady pace, 1 mile short of what I should have. It was an okay run, I much would have prefered running outdoors though!!

Happy running all.:flowerforyou:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I got up prepared to do my "long run" on the only bike trail in my town, with a friend. Only to find out I'd been flaked on! :noway:

I had to drag myself out to do it. Regardless I opted to the gym (running alone is not something I'm okay with) I was able to do 10 miles at a steady pace, 1 mile short of what I should have. It was an okay run, I much would have prefered running outdoors though!!

Happy running all.:flowerforyou:

WOW!!! You can run that far and long and you don't like to run by yourself? For me I love it when I am by myself, I don't have to wait for anyone or have someone waiting on me. I think it is my more alone time with my music that I like.
  • inadelirium
    Options
    Yea! I'm "training" though... so at some point I should be able to say I did 20 miles!!!

But yea I worry because I'm a girl, running alone (and far out) on a lonely bike trail. But I agree it would be perfect "me" time if I wasn't such a chicken.:tongue:
  • Dmprbst
    Dmprbst Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I look at this thread daily, but never have posted b/c I'm not a regular runner. But, I'm up to 3x a week, so I guess there's some regularity. Got up at 6:00, to beat the heat. Ran a mile, then did a cemetary run, up and down the hills in the local boneyard, for about 20 minutes. Walked a half mile and then did another 1.5 miles. I guess that's an interval run, right? Whatever it was, it felt good. Wish you all cool, un-humid runs today.
    It's funny that you wrote this, Because look everyday too, to see everyones run and pretty much envy them that they can run so many miles, so quickly.:noway: I want to build my runs up someday to be able to post proudly and join the MFP Runner's Club :ohwell: I only can only run 1 mile a day 4 days a week...but I'll get there one day.:tongue:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone out there who is running 1, 2, 3 miles - this club is not about distance its about support and learning and inspiring eachother to get out there each day and do what we love to do - RUN!

so no more of this jealousy talk okay?!?!?! just keep showing up daily and let's have fun!! one day we will all meet for the first ever MFP Runners Club 5K/10K/1/2 Marathon :laugh: :wink: :laugh:

Now having said that, I ran 10 miles today at a 9:33 pace :noway:

Loved eating those calories!!

I am sure nobody is around on a Saturday nite but me - so see you all tomorrow!!

p.s. Newbies - please ask questions! Let us help you from our personal experiences.

rungoals07fl-3.jpg
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Alright - so yesterday (for me) - Saturday was 4.75 miles!! Yeah, little walking a little fast pacing, but overall a good run!

I like the idea of an MPF race!! :drinker:

We all have to start some where - I like the accountability and inspiration I get from this post, even if I post later than most!!
  • Dmprbst
    Dmprbst Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ah don't worry pmkelly409 no jealousy talk here just in awe.
    Ran two miles today so getting better:ohwell: . Wish my lungs were a little stronger seemed to be gasping for air a little more than usual today.
    Thanks for the encouragement to us "newbies" and I will certainly ask for advice in the near future:tongue: