I find it hard not to say "only"

Options
Did my 2 week BCA today and was down 1.9 lbs body weight, 6 lbs body fat, lean muscle was up .5. I find it hard not to say only 1.9 lbs. The body fat loss is great and I increased lean muscle but in my head for losing weight the most important number to me is scale weight. To put in the time of journaling, measuring food, exercising makes that number hard to swallow.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I am jealous of those numbers. Those are brilliant numbers. 2 lbs in two weeks of scale weight. 6 lbs lost of body fat. THAT is progress to be PROUD of.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would definitely say you're doing well! Like really well. Like I wish I was making that much progress.

I know what you mean though. It seems like you're putting SO much effort in but progress is slow... as you do it more, though, the effort will become second-nature. It'll be something you do all the time, part of your routine. So it won't seem like the effort outweighs the progress for long. Stay strong.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Did my 2 week BCA today and was down 1.9 lbs body weight, 6 lbs body fat, lean muscle was up .5. I find it hard not to say only 1.9 lbs. The body fat loss is great and I increased lean muscle but in my head for losing weight the most important number to me is scale weight. To put in the time of journaling, measuring food, exercising makes that number hard to swallow.

Not to deter you but I doubt you are up 1/2lb of muscle if you are eating at a deficet unless it's noob gains and even then it's only a couple ounces typically.

You have to remember these tests measure Lean Body Mass which is non fat..but that doesn't mean all muscle...it means organ, bone and water weight.

But that being said...1.9lbs in 2 weeks...that's a good loss not sure why you aren't happy with it...

As well body weight should be the last of your markets, try BF% or measurments esp if you are losing body fat.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    It is a hard mindset that has been drilled into us since we were small. I was always overweight on the scale but did not "look" it when I was a kid. I was active with muscle and little fat but still "over weight". So I went on "diets" which messed up my body composition so now I struggle with "obese" instead of "over weight". Loss of body fat is the important number. You are doing great.
  • Hozman121
    Hozman121 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Not to deter you but I doubt you are up 1/2lb of muscle if you are eating at a deficet unless it's noob gains and even then it's only a couple ounces typically.

You have to remember these tests measure Lean Body Mass which is non fat..but that doesn't mean all muscle...it means organ, bone and water weight.

But that being said...1.9lbs in 2 weeks...that's a good loss not sure why you aren't happy with it...

As well body weight should be the last of your markets, try BF% or measurments esp if you are losing body fat.

After I read your reply I was like what the hell so I went and looked at my print out and it is Muscle -Mass not lean muscle so what does that include?

These are my numbers for the past two weeks:

Body weight: 297.3-277.1
    Total body fat: 103.5 lbs-97.4
    Total body water: 121.8-124.9 lbs
    Muscle Mass: 51.4 lbs-52.1 lbs

What I have never understood is if I lost 6 lbs of body fat but gained intoatl 3.1 lbs in water and muscle mass why scale doesn't show loss of 2.7 vs 1.9?
  • WBB55
    Options

Did you lose 20.2 lbs?
  • Hozman121
    Hozman121 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Did you lose 20.2 lbs?

No sorry 279.3-277.1
  • WBB55
    Options
    No sorry 279.3-277.1

So a year from now, if this trend keeps up, you'll weigh 220. Isn't that better than where you're at right now? Can you picture yourself at 220? What you'll wear, how women will treat you, how you'll feel?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    You lost 6 lbs of fat. This is what 5 looks like. Still bummed? (I'll be bummed if the pic doesn't work!)

th?id=H.4598188981290114&pid=1.7
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Starting with the lean muscle......It is lean mass, not muscle. Also includes organs, fluids, skeleton etc......Now onto the math.......You say you lost 6lbs fat and gained .5 lb lean mass.....It seems like you should have lost 5.5Lb but you lost 1.9? I am confused? Regardless.....the numbers don't really matter. You are making the important changes and making a difference in your life.....Keep it up.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    This is why taking measurements with a soft tape measure is so important. Sure, you lost only 1.9 lbs, but I bet you've shrunk more than you think.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    This is why taking measurements with a soft tape measure is so important. Sure, you lost only 1.9 lbs, but I bet you've shrunk more than you think.

Always measure from underneath.....at the base.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I :heart: you.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Thanks, now there is soda all over my keyboard...