Girls how big are your calves

Options
I didn't realize until I measured mine the other day that my calves are on the bigger side of normal. I'm 5'11" with 16.5" calves.

Replies

• Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4" and mine are 15 inches!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    5` 1``
    188 pounds
    14`` calves

My calves have gotten smaller with age !!! LOL I remember being at a much lighter weight when I was younger and my calves being 15``
  • roozielynne
    roozielynne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My calves are my one body part that I dislike the most.
    I have "football player" calves. Currently 19". They are hereditary. My dad and brother have the exact same build of their legs.
    I have come to terms with the fact that I won't have slim calves and am focusing currently on having the most athletic looking calves I can have. (obviously meeting my weight loss goals will help some)
    Even when I was 120lbs my calves were extremely large. Knee high boots never fit me. Even the extra wide calved ones.
    Hoping to change that over the course of this year. My dream is to buy a pair of knee high boots.
    I am 5'5''.
  • healthybodyhealthylife
    Options
    I'm 5"2.5 and my calves were just under 15 inches last time I checked. They seem to have grown since I started doing heavy squats and lunges, but they look waay better and more toned than before. I'll take it :-)
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'1 and my calves are 16 or 16.5 inches... i'm really self conscious of them, they look huge on my body, and i have pretty tiny ankles so it looks even more drastic... especially when i stand next to someone with tiny calves. the pictures from my brother's wedding (where us brides maids had to wear knee high dresses) are so embarrassing because i'm standing next to this girl who is stick thin and has the tiniest calves and is my height so you can tell how big they are and it really makes them look like monster calves... i have to wear extra wide calf boots... but they don't look as bad when i have boots on as when i have other shoes on so i wear my boots a lot. my tiny size 5 feet don't help them look any smaller either. in fact, i feel like the size of my calves makes my feet look awkwardly tiny. its all a big mess. ugh.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    5'3" I hate mine too 17 .3/4 inches ... I hate them so bad .I too have so much trouble getting boots . :sad:
  • BigBadVanna
    BigBadVanna Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    5'10" and right calf is 15" exactly with normal jeans on. Left may be a little smaller. I also have trouble finding boots, something about the height not being right and the calf part of the boot not hitting the right spot on my leg.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my left calf is 15". I have always had muscular legs and my calves have always been solid. I'm kinda digging them as they are getting more defined. My friends say that I have "Tina Turner" legs....so it can't be all that bad. My husband also says he would not leg wrestle me....so there is that too.

:)
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    Mine are 13". I've never measured them before, but I just did after reading some of this thread. Never thought to, but now I know!
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have very muscular legs. My calves are an impressive 18.5" :noway:

I used to hate having big legs but now I love it! I love the muscle and the strength
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I just measured, 11.5"
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Never thought to measure but now I got curious: 13 inches..
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" with 15" calves. All the women in my mother's family have big calves, no matter their weight. I hate them (the calves, not my relatives) and it's hard to find boots to fit over them that aren't 3 sizes too big for my feet. There is some fat but enough muscle to see definition. I NEVER purposely work my calves but it's hard not to.
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    5'6 157lbs....15.5"
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Whether you hate 'em or love 'em...................................go blame your parents.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    14.5" of pure hotness
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    5'6'' and 15 inches :noway:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-2" and mine are 13.5 inches. They're my favorite.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Whether you hate 'em or love 'em...................................go blame your parents.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Truth LOL. I wouldn't mind mine so much (15" and I wear a size 8) except boots are so hard to find! I don't mind the look of them otherwise.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

ETA: I'm 5'5"