Has anyone else heard of this.

Options
Mygsds
Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
Went to my doctor today for physical and he told me his nurse lost
over 40 lbs by counting her calories starting at dinner and then
breakfastt and lunch. So the 24 hour period would be the same. I spoke with
her and she said she sometimes would run close or over her calorie allowance at the end of the day when she needed it.She said they would go to dinner on the spur of the moment and she just plans better, because she always eats a low cal breakfast and lunch. She looks amazing and didn't know if anyone had ever tried this..

Replies

• awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    so.... she ate a calorie deficit?

Then yes, it works.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It might help some people with active social lives to start with dinner or late night partying and then eat lower calorie breakfast and lunch to better control their 24 hour calorie intake. It's basically the same diet. Whatever works best for your lifestyle is what works for you.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I think I get what you're saying here...?

My dinners tend to be my biggest meal so I try to plan ahead, log it ahead of time then work out my day from there, backwards if you will.

I feel like if I tried logging, like, say a 5pm to 5pm 24 hour cycle that would be a headache. Whatever works for you, I guess.
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my calories from 3 pm - 7 pm. I don't eat breakfast. Take bring small lunch to work . Go to the gym.
    Then cook and eat when i get home. I have to feed the family so it's too hard not to eat at this time
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    so.... she ate a calorie deficit?

Then yes, it works.
  • beckyboooo87x
    beckyboooo87x Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    so she had dinner for breakfast is that what you mean?
    dunno if i could eat a big meal like that in the morn.. :/
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    Options
    I log my entire days food the night before....

I have a weekly meal plan that we shop to, so we know ahead of time what is for supper that night
    I usually vary between 2 or 3 breakfasts combos
    like bagel and banana or yogurt smoothie or cereal

luchnes same few options
    take out sub, soup and salad or sandwhich and veggies

and dinner and dessert I usually have a certain calorie goal in mind- after pre planning my foods I have come to notice I generally need about 700 cals for supper and dessert (about 500ish for supper and 200ish for dessert)

so as long as I A) log in some or all of the day I can B) be flexible if a meal changes last minute because the rest of the day is already accounted for
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    No she started counting her calories at dinner then breakfast and then lunch. She had the same amount of calories 1400 but just started 5 PM -5PM
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If you are someone that ends up out to Dinner a lot or sitting in front of the fridge ravenously eating everything in site after work, then yes, I could see that changing the way you look at a "day" as potentially helpful...

Whatever works if you're at a deficit and trying to lose. Certainly no harm in doing this.
  • MANDEEx88
    MANDEEx88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    doesnt matter
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    It's the same thing...:indifferent:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Wait... is it OK if it's only noon?
  • oceanbreeze27
    oceanbreeze27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't think that it matters when you start counting the calories as long as you do it. A deficit is a deficit and a deficit (usually) leads to weight loss. Every body is different. We all need to find what works best for our unique makeup. Give it a try for a few days and see if it suits your schedule and lifestyle. I personally prefer to start with breakfast and work from there.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Wait... is it OK if it's only noon?

Did I stutter? :angry:
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I actually think that it's kind of brilliant. If I had done this, I would have avoided a lot of over days.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat your calories.

Calorie deficit = weight loss. All the time, anytime.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    This could work - usually people can get by on a lighter breakfast and lunch - so if you start the day out with logging your biggest meal first then filling in with the smaller meals would be easier than trying to eat a lower cal dinner and be starving by 8 pm - it would be difficult for me to change my mindset though
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Agree with anyone else that what you consider the start of your 24 hours doesn't matter, although it's difficult to track your calories with MFP that way as it automatically rolls over to the next day at midnight of your time zone. I guess you could pick a random location and see if that affects when it rolls over to the next day.

Personally, I just pre plan my days as much as possible so I know what I have to work with going into dinner.