I found a new love and her name is Hummus.

Options
I tried Hummus a while ago (over a year ago) and for some reason thought it was the devils doing that it was put on this Earth.

Today in 7/11 I took my wife there because she wanted a bag of chips and decided I would try hummus again on a whim.

So glad that I picked it up. The Sabra brand hummus is beautiful. Not only did my stomach thank me for filling it up but my tongue is skipping with joy.

^_^

Replies

• melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    The Sabra brand stuff is sooooooo delicious. I'm a big fan of the pine nut or the garlic flavors.

Trader Joe's Hummus Dip is also really great, and cheaper.
  • bradXdale
    Options
    The Sabra brand stuff is sooooooo delicious. I'm a big fan of the pine nut or the garlic flavors.

The closest Trader Joe's to me will be in Winter Park (Orlando, FL) about 30 miles from where I'm at. I might make a special trip when they're built :)
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

I just tried the pine nut last night on a whim despite it looking really skeptical in the store. My god, someone needs to take it away from me because I am going to eat the entire tub it is so amazingly delicious.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Roasted garlic is sooo good and standard!

I also love sweet potato, avocado and lemon hummus :love:
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Sabra makes a Supremely Spicy flavour - sooooooooo good! The Roasted Red Pepper is fantastic and addictive as well!
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I add a tablespoon of Boscoli Olive Salad to my hummus, it's amazing.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh, YES. The Sabra roasted garlic is spectacular. I mix it in cooked wild rice and eat it with grilled chicken and fresh tomato slices, and omg, I'm in heaven.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I also mixed it with equal parts sour cream and used it as a spread on my husband's hot, homemade garlic naan. Shut right up.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I love hummus and especially Sabra. I read the results of a taste test they did and that ranked as the highest, or almost the highest. My hubby and I love the roasted red pepper the best.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I also mixed it with equal parts sour cream and used it as a spread on my husband's hot, homemade garlic naan. Shut right up.
    Yum!!!
  • livelaughlovecrazy
    livelaughlovecrazy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I would die without Hummus. Yep. Just saying. ;)

If you can try dfferent flavors to keep it interesting! Like garlic, spicy, artichoke, etc.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    If you love it so much, why don't you marry it? Just kidding. You can' t because I plan to do that first! Hummus is the best thing ever. :smile:
  • littleandysmom
    littleandysmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Love Hummus! Even my extremely picky eater 12 year old loves it!!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Just found the jalapeno and cilantro flavored and for someone who doesn't like heat, I found it to be amazing. But I'm not picky so far I haven't found a flavor I don't like
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Oh man, a new flavor was just shown at Costco -- Tuscan Garden. SWEET HEAVENS. I may have a problem! I won't lie... it sorta tastes like the best veggie pizza you could have! We use some with some Laughing Cow cheese on pita crackers and it is SO GOOD. I'm now going to have to try mixing it with other stuff on crusty bread. Now. Cause I'm HUNGRY! :bigsmile:
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I love home made hummus. Here is the recipe I use:

1/4 to 3/4 cup chicken (or vegetable) stock
    14 ounce can chickpeas, drained (or equivalent amount soaked chickpeas)
    3-4 cloves garlic
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    3 tbsp tahini

Put all ingredients into a blender and puree until it's a uniform consistency. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have to fess up that one night....I ate a half a tub of the Sabra Red Pepper Hummus..not with crackers..with just a spoon...that stuff is heaven made..seriously...if I don't measure it out, I cannot control myself.