Pole Dancing Class - Legit or Not ?

Options

Replies

• Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    It takes all types .. there's a fan club for everything..
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Of course it's fun!

The returns are obvious when you preform the days or weeks workout/routine for your SO!

:wink:
  • Dr_Flo
    Options
    Im just a spectator .. so Im happy to add some constructive opinions ..
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Favorite video! 3 x world champion!

http://youtu.be/m3i7dGwQboI
  • Dr_Flo
    Options
    Id rather see some MFP dancers ... OR .. those bloopers from Youtube .. hahaha.

Every single one breaks the pole from the top.. that always makes me laugh..
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Id rather see some MFP dancers ... OR .. those bloopers from Youtube .. hahaha.

Every single one breaks the pole from the top.. that always makes me laugh..

She has deactivated, but take a look here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/958068-pole-video
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'd been lifting regularly when I decided to start pole classes. I'd never been more sore in my entire life. It works muscles you didn't know you had. It is an amazing workout that I definitely saw benefits from. Plus, you feel sexy doing it, and what girl doesn't wasn't to feel sexy?!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waIuhfoTMv8

Watch this and tell me if this is not a workout...I can't do half the stuff that she does and I'm in pain just watching her! I'll get there though.

I think it's both. It's a fantastic workout and it's a chance to let loose...plus S/O's usually like it too ;)
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've seen girls in classes do straight up planks with just one arm keeping them on the pole. It's a legit workout.
  • jelie3110
    Options
    It is an incredible workout, i was sore for days afterwards. highly recommend it!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Both! Enjoy!!
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Will admit I was skeptical at first, but there's a difference between the tone of a workout vs a stripper routine. Just like a gymnast *could* perform a raunchy floor routine, but doesn't...a pole dancer could perform a raunchy stripper routine, or just an athletic gymnastic pole performance. This video is the winner of the first world cup of pole dancing. You can see that it's more of a gymnastic routine & they are trying to get it into the Olympics. So in fitness classes, I think it'd depend on the instructor, but think there's still a stigma to it for most people. But times change...it used to be that only prostitutes got their ears pierced. ;-)

http://youtu.be/U-kRaR8yfqg
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Will admit I was skeptical at first, but there's a difference between the tone of a workout vs a stripper routine. Just like a gymnast *could* perform a raunchy floor routine, but doesn't...a pole dancer could perform a raunchy stripper routine, or just an athletic gymnastic pole performance. This video is the winner of the first world cup of pole dancing. You can see that it's more of a gymnastic routine & they are trying to get it into the Olympics. So in fitness classes, I think it'd depend on the instructor, but think there's still a stigma to it for most people. But times change...it used to be that only prostitutes got their ears pierced. ;-)

http://youtu.be/U-kRaR8yfqg

That routine was flawless...such athleticism and strength! My gosh some of these moves....your arms and back will be sore for days!
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    I've always wanted to try it but I barely have upper arm strength!! :frown:
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    totally is legit
  • _NAUTILUS_
    _NAUTILUS_ Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... seems as if glitter should be in that list unless you've defaulted it under item 7
    Both. Why limit it to one thing. Eventually, clothes will come off.

explain
    Okay.
    1.) Pole
    2.) Person
    3.) Person on pole
    4.) Person dancing on pole
    5.) Person dancing on pole says "o hai, too much clothes"
    6.) 1 thing leads to another
    7.) ????
    8.) Profit.
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    2 legit to quit!
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I thought about being a stripper, then I remembered im fat and cant dance. Guess I will stick to social work where I can remain poor and jaded.

Stripping is nothing like regular dancing. If you want to do it, go for it!
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Legit. It's a great workout, builds strength and control, plus it's fun. And you can use dance as a form of emotional expression. If you're feeling sexy then by all means, "work that pole" -- if you're angry then toss on some Living Dead Girl, throw your shoes across the room, slam your hands into the floor -- if you're feeling sad and sentimental put on a slow song and dance like you're melting. You'd be surprised how much of a workout it is to move incredibly slow, by the end of a 4 minute song you'll be drenched in sweat and every muscle will be quivering.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    I've got a friend that teaches pole dancing...