Is it cheating if I add midnight snacks to next day's diary?

Options
It's my time to go to bed now, and I've reached my goal for the day. However, I'm still kinda hungry and therefore am having trouble sleeping.

Is it ok to add my midnight snack to next day's diary? So that I don't mess up my daily/weekly numbers.

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    As long as they get tracked somewhere I really don't think it matters.

Just don't let yourself get into 'oh i'll put THIS thousand calories on tomorrow's, so tomorrow i only get 600, oh no that's too little, so i'll put 1200 on the NEXT day'...etc
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. As long as you're not going drastically over with the snack and your weekly average is intact.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I just look at weekly averages, so I wouldn't worry about it.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just had that same thought last night. It felt like it should count against current day so I didn't.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter, but you're being slightly unfair to yourself. It doesn't matter what your diary says, all that matters is what you actually do. So...put it where you want, but you did actually eat it.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Is it after midnight when you eat it?
  • OhCora
    OhCora Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    OMG that is brilliant...I have lost track of the number of times I went to bed with a growling tummy...
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

LOL! Last week I woke up ravenous in the middle of the night, wondered this same thing, then looked at the clock. It was after midnight so I ate. I did leave the empty container at my computer desk so that I would remember that I needed to log it. I am still doing great!
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options

LOL! Last week I woke up ravenous in the middle of the night, wondered this same thing, then looked at the clock. It was after midnight so I ate. I did leave the empty container at my computer desk so that I would remember that I needed to log it. I am still doing great!

That's legit.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wake up hungry and eat and log it for the next day because I've already closed out.

Sometimes, on the other hand, I start eating dinner that I've already measured and logged, get partway through, and realize that I'm full. Often I'll just leave it logged and finish it off for breakfast the next morning.

I don't really see the difference as long as I log everything I eat in one and only one place.
  • mauridaher
    mauridaher Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Well yeah, and it's just an apple, no big deal. I just hope this helps me get a good sleep!
  • debow1349
    Options
    It's only cheating if you don't count it.
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Nope. As long as they are being logged accurately. As far as I'm concerned you can push whole meals ahead as long as you are logging everything and not getting more than, say, 48 hours ahead.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    33bzj90.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    33bzj90.jpg
    heehee

OP log it on the next day...your body wont know.
  • Jess732008
    Jess732008 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    As long as they get tracked somewhere I really don't think it matters.

Just don't let yourself get into 'oh i'll put THIS thousand calories on tomorrow's, so tomorrow i only get 600, oh no that's too little, so i'll put 1200 on the NEXT day'...etc

Lol, that is exactly what I do when I try to pull that. It usually evens out though if I am really eating less during the week.