Over 50 looking for friends to succeed with

Options

Replies

• BeFit_0419
    BeFit_0419 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone ! Friends call me Jules, I'm 55 and been with MFP for about 2 years. As of the first of the year, i am now using a FitBit alongside MFP to help me loose 15 pounds to get to goal (which could be the hardest weight to loose). so please respond to me and add me to your 'friends list' ! We all need the support of each other. :)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP since 2012... I am Looking for new friends over 50...We can all use some more support......Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 51, and have been on here for awhile, and I love My Fitness Pal. Lots of great people and great advice. I'm down 8 lbs!
  • BeachBum4715
    BeachBum4715 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday. After losing over 55 lbs on WW about 10 yrs ago, I've been maintaining. But due to life circumstances this past year (my husband passed away) the pounds starting creeping back on. I want to try something new (other than WW) that might inspire me and keep me on track. My goal is to lose 15 lbs (20 would be a dream...I'm typically unrealistic). Since I now live alone and there is no one here to hold me accountable, I'm certainly looking for online support. Plus, I'm 51 and the weight is so much harder to lose now than it was 10 years ago.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm 54, but will be 55 in April. Been on MFP since 2013. Looking to lose between five to seven pounds. I have finally learned the secret that exercise is more for being fit rather than weight loss and weight loss is about a well balanced diet and self-discipline. Feel free to add or message me if you need encouragement.
  • DiKoehler
    DiKoehler Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    doing a blog on losing over 50 as a couple. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/DiKoehler
  • darly58
    darly58 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I thought I added myself to this thread....but apparently my brain wasn't working that day :)
    Glad for the friend adds.
  • georgebrennan716
    Options
    Just started here. Lost 75 lbs with Weight Watchers, but due to kids in college, $, that went out window. Found website, and love it. 52 and looking to lose about 75 more. Love the tracking, it is easy to use. Well, just wanted to say hi and will keep up with postings.
  • mamahen1234
    mamahen1234 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I will be 52 next month and would love to have friends around my age to be on this journey with. Have always gone up and down with my weight, but being at my highest weight and a health scare recently has made me open my eyes to wanting to get healthy. Feel free to friend me so we can be there for each other and do this together! :)
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I would like to add friends here too.
  • lisalisa94585
    lisalisa94585 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I will be 55 in May. Super shocked last year to find myself at my highest weight (what I weighed when pregnant 19 years ago). Working my way back down. I was a size 10 and feeling pretty good at 50. Too much stress at work and financial hit due to furlough just did me in. To avoid the stress eating after work every day, I am doing the protein smoothie thing for dinner. Trying to get exercise when I can. Tracking my food made me realize just how much :blushing: I was really eating.
  • ActionAnnieGO
    Options
    OP, I just sent you a friend request. I'm 51 and just starting to go through menopause. I've been here since the beginning of February and I love it! Welcome to MFP and many best wishes to you!
  • Heisgreatalways
    Options
    Just turned 50 and looking for friends to succeed with as well.
  • Heisgreatalways
    Options
    Hello! I turned 50 months ago and going through menopause also.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and going to be 56 this year & going through menopause. And things are going great with weight loss this year. Join my group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18126-lose-10-lbs-a-month
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Hi, I turned 50 on my last birthday. FR sent. I've been on MFP since early Jan. so many supportive people. Best wishes for your goals.
  • 7kidslater
    7kidslater Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to be 50 this fall. I just joined (AGAIN) a day ago. Only this time I have more weight to lose. I love the fact that MFP can come right along with me via my phone ap. It sure helps me to decide how I'm going to use my precious calories each day. Please feel free to add me. I would love to help keep each other on track. We can do this!!!!!
  • threshkreen
    threshkreen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am over 50 and would be glad to provide encouragement and help. I'll send a friend request.
  • grace_b_t
    Options
    Hi! I'm 52 and have sent you a friend request and message. I too would be happy to support ladies (and gents) in the 50+ age group :-)
  • lcooper61
    lcooper61 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to be added as a friend I started back at this several months ago and I just keep losing and gaining the same 10 lbs! For my healths sake I have to lose over 100 lbs actually 140 lbs! To make matters worse I broke my hip Mar 3rd, so I'm in a wheelchair because they fixed it not replaced it, more recovery time for broken bones. So right now I am concentrating on eating healthy. Workouts will come later. So l'm w/u I can use all the friends I can get.