Women - around 5'3 and 165 lbs

Options

Replies

• Mikaylax96
    Options
    I'm about 5'4" and I started at 160 pounds. I'm currently 140 :D
    My best advice is to eat better, not eat less. And get that heart rate up and get sweaty at least 3 times a week, maybe more. Also, I've done some body-weight strength training which helps with fat loss.

b74a89df-cb10-4a19-8879-db558e1a2941_zpsfda6e859.jpg
  • iwtfytj
    iwtfytj Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly 5'3 and 165.5 lbs! But that is after a 30+ lb weight loss. My highest weight was 196 after having 3 kids. I'm just doing lots of cardio, portion control. I friended you for support!
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am 20, 5'2", and last weighed in at 162lbs, close enough?

My highest weight at the start of my journey in March 2012 was 183lbs, my lowest weight was 142.2lbs back in August 2013, but I didn't reach that a healthy way as I did a 3 day water fast. It exhibited amazing results but I couldn't get ahold of my eating a few days after it was over and went into a cycle of binging then feeling bad about myself and not caring, gained 20lbs in 2 months.

The whole thing with the fast was just simple impatience, the following is the exact method I was following before and results weren't coming fast enough in my mind so I did research found it and thought it sounded like a great idea and boy was I wrong.

I'm still holding those same 20lbs but, as of recent, I am finally back to staying consistent with exercising at least 30 minutes a day and eating within my calories based on the tdee-20% method at 3-5hrs a week of exercise since a minimum of 30 minutes a day turns to 3.5 hours a week.
    I figured mine out using this calculator: scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator.
  • carminaaa2014
    Options
    I'm 5''3.5 and 152 lbs. I'm trying to get back down to 115. I'm going to add you for a motivation buddy!
  • kmurphy0403
    kmurphy0403 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So happy to see all of you beautiful people respond! Helps to hear others successes and those in similar situations. We can all do this!
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    That was my starting height and weight! I've hit a bit of a plateau, but am really happy around 136 right now. You can do it!
  • nmha
    nmha Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and at 173 pounds. I started at my highest of 187 so I'm working on it! Please feel free to add me, I could use the support and motivation as well!! Current goal is 140 and then will reasses after I get there.
  • teamau44
    teamau44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me! i'm 5'2" and currently 174, and working my way back to 135ish... :)
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 160...
  • AshleyAnn9
    Options
    When I started using MFP I was about 184. I'm now 141. When I first started working out I thought that cardio was more important in weight loss. Over the last 6 months I've been incorporating more strength training in my workouts. I do an even mix of both. Sometimes I start with cardio then I just alternate. I try and plan out my meals. Breakfast is the biggest meal of the day then my meals get smaller as the day goes on. Consistency is key. Allow yourself to indulge every now and then though :)
  • Tinatot125
    Tinatot125 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am just over 5'2 and started on here at 171lbs. I am now 126lbs and never thought I could make it this far. It took me just over 14 months to get here but I am a total foodie so I wasn't too harsh on myself with calorie counting as I knew I wouldn't last other wise. The journey is long but definitely worth it, I have so much confidence and can't wait for this summer to get into a bikini. Keep at it and take it one day at time. Feel free to add me if you would like any support.
  • Findingmozart
    Options
    5ft2, started at 229lb Jan 2013, spent most of that year simply just walking and thrashing out the Summer cycling, currently 160lb but weight loss seems to have stalled a bit, so started Insanity to keep the wolves from the door during Winter and whilst I haven't lost anymore scale weight the difference has shown in inches lost and clothes fitting.
  • isobelo46
    isobelo46 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi all just started this week,bu like everyone else need a your support.it would be great to hear from you all. isobelo.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mere_Dith
    Mere_Dith Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". When I started on here last January I was 164, I'm down to 140 which I've maintained for almost a year. I'd like to get down to 130 but my body/mind doesn't seem to want to do that. To lose the initial 24 pounds I followed the forks over knives diet (just from their website and internet searches, I didn't buy any diet books) which is low fat whole vegan foods. The weight came off super easy, then summer hit and I didn't feel like monitoring everything. I didn't gain, but I stopped losing and have been in this rut for quite some time. I'm currently training for a Spartan Race in April so I'm less worried about losing weight right now than I am about getting stronger, But I'd still like to get down to 130 someday! I also take boxing lessons 3 - 4 times a week.
  • Mooz11
    Mooz11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and am down to 160lbs. (I started logging on MFP at about 170lbs.) I just had my 2nd baby, and lost the pregnancy weight in 12 weeks. It helped that I only gained 22lbs with him. Now, I'm trying to lose the pregnancy weight from baby # 1 (who will be 3 years old in a month!! Yikes!) After that, I still could probably stand to lose another 15lbs, but I need to focus on goal #1 first.

I did Nutrisystem a few years ago before I became pg with baby #1. It worked, but I think it was mainly due to the fact that I stayed motivated by posting in the message boards daily and being held accountable to my fellow dieters. Also, I started running...a lot. I tried NS again after I had my first son, but I could never get back into it and so I only lost about 20lbs (after gaining about 45 or so during pregnancy. Again, yikes.) With a newborn around and working full time, I never found the time to get back to the gym. By the time I had free time, it was 10pm and I wasn't about to go run outside by myself. We were in a condo, and we had to sell the treadmill to make room for baby's stuff, so that was out too. Anyway, we are now in a house with a new treadmill, and I've been running again at least 3 times/week. I signed myself up for an 8k, which is coming up in a month, as well as some other stairclimbs and 5ks. If I don't have something to "train" for, I won't stick to the running. Now, I am done nursing, and want to fix my diet. Looking for motivation again from fellow dieters to help keep my mind on track. I would like to finally be able to wear shorts and - gasp - a bathing suit this summer without being self-conscious. :)

@AshleyAnn9, I also try to plan my meals out in advance, but my problem is consistently doing that. I've switched to making lunch my biggest meal as I find I snack less (on garbage) during the afternoon that way. I've cut out the desserts for the most part at night, but I need to get more veggies in and less carbs during dinner.
  • lindsayomalley
    lindsayomalley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'4 and 146lbs... looking to get to 130.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am just over 5'2 and started on here at 171lbs. I am now 126lbs and never thought I could make it this far. It took me just over 14 months to get here but I am a total foodie so I wasn't too harsh on myself with calorie counting as I knew I wouldn't last other wise. The journey is long but definitely worth it, I have so much confidence and can't wait for this summer to get into a bikini. Keep at it and take it one day at time. Feel free to add me if you would like any support.

You said you didn't really calorie count. How did you lose the weight in 14 months! :) Congratulations!
  • 1wskygrl
    1wskygrl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yep, I started out in the 170's and an 5'3" myself. Lost about 35 lbs, and due to illness, and lack of gym time, have put alot back on. To lose it, I track every bite I take, Limit sugars and carbs (but not exclude!) And work out with weights 3-5 days per week. Actually, once you hit the weights in combo with a strict intake, it drops fast! Good Luck!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'3" and started out on MFP 2.5 years ago at 190 lbs, lost 40 pounds in 8 months, then maintained 150-155 for the last almost 2 years. I recently decided to try to shed that last little bit and I'm currently at 143. Shooting for 135 for now, then I'll reevaluate.

I try to eat clean(er). :smile: Losing the first 40 pounds, I stuck to a1200-calorie count and ate back exercise calories. I was exercising a lot at the time with a personal trainer and cardio. This time I haven't been exercising as much and have increased the calorie count to 1350-1450, which so far has been working (1200 is not enough if you're not exercising to eat more!). I am hoping to get back into working out, especially after seeing so many great pictures of women who are strength training.

I am not super active on my newsfeed but my diary is open and I'm always happy to answer any questions, anyone can add me that wants.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm 5'3.5" and Started at 170 lbs June 20th 2013. After my 6 week post partum check up after having my second child. I'm now 117 lbs and working on doing my first bulk for weightlifting. The most important thing is making sure you're being accurate in logging, finding a sustainable diet for long term, and finding an activity you love. I fell in love with weightlifting, its become a hobby of mine and something I plan to always do. I wish everyone great success in their goals!