needing support

Options
I am just at the tail of an off the wagon binge. Began last night. And carried through this morning. I feel sick and stuffed and sad. I can't work it off because I'm recovering from oopherectomy ( several months ago) and am not supposed to do aerobic until my pelvis is 'released'. Blah blah. My back keeps going into spasm and that's why. So it's yoga and release work for me only for a while. We've moved back to Canada from overseas after 5 years away. Living in new big city. I feel like I've lost myself and it's lonely in a crippling way.Food definitely provides quick relief. However short lived and at a great price. The light goes out and I disappear. I was doing well for about 3 months. Lost 10 pounds and kept a reasonably joyful existence that wasn't ridiculously self centered. That's about it. I'm not expecting much from this post. I just didn't want to share what feels like the repulsive side of myself in person with anyone. I hate being an addict.

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Nancy, You're definately not alone in your struggles. I think everyone on these boards has felt that way at one point or another. Monday night, I binged and ate about 500 calories over my target. I knew it was wrong, but did it anyways. I think that the only thing we can do is to start from this moment forward with tracking and maintaining our calories and exercise. Remember, yesterday ended at midnight.
  • bradXdale
    Options
    Nancy, You're definately not alone in your struggles. I think everyone on these boards has felt that way at one point or another. Monday night, I binged and ate about 500 calories over my target. I knew it was wrong, but did it anyways. I think that the only thing we can do is to start from this moment forward with tracking and maintaining our calories and exercise. Remember, yesterday ended at midnight.

This.

You're not alone.

Sometimes I fill my calories up to my limit with junk food (chips, cookies, etc) and more often than not I do really really well. You seem to be stressed with everything else going on (surgery & moving).

Try keeping a food/emotion journal. Write down exactly how you are feeling, what's been going on, what you think has caused these feelings and why you want to eat. Write down how the food makes you feel versus the after effects of eating it. When you feeling like going on a binge again pull out your notes and remind yourself that the 4 slices of pizza and liter of cola and curly cheese bacon fries will make you feel sick.

Not like you can't EVER enjoy the pizza, cola and curly cheese bacon fries...but they do need to be eaten in moderation.

-bxd
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are having a hard time adjusting. So sorry. Try to find people in your locale with the same interests and socialize, volunteer, join a gym, reading club, running club whatever interests you. As much as I am on this computer I know it isn't good for me-I don't let my "computer friends" be my support as wonderful as some of them are. You may have some depression too which can lead to overeating. Suggest speaking to your doctor.

And remember food doesn't make us feel good or better. As much as we may enjoy eating it, it is a pretty transitory source of pleasure.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Happy thoughts. Try doing something to take your mind off of food. Knitting or scrap booking or something else that can get your hands too busy to put stuff in your mouth. Good luck.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Nancy, I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. COE is a hard thing to overcome. I wish there were magic words to make you feel better. Just know, you're not alone.

Perhaps speak to your physician or a therapist specializing in eating disorders?
  • ladycadaverous
    ladycadaverous Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Im sorry your having a hard time. Don't feel bad most of us have been there. I sometimes eat things that I know I shouldn't but I do it anyway because it is cheap...it tastes good and the texture is nice. I feel that it helps me feel better by just opening the curtains up/listening to some good music/ and journaling. Have time with others as well as yourself to reflect on your day and how you are feeling. It is sometimes hard to figure out what to look forward to when all that's in the future is the couch and the tv. (Ive had many surgeries) but I go to the point that I would use arm weights...journal...sing or dance on commercials. Calling a friend or family member. But you now have us so now your not alone despite how you feel. Maybe we can help you with that:)
  • ladycadaverous
    ladycadaverous Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if youd like.