Replies

• Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Good for you.
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congratulations! I remember when I ran my first 5k.. I was so excited with myself I had to tell random strangers in the gym as soon as it happened. lol Keep it up!
  • shscruggs82
    Options
    WOOO FREAKING HoOOOOO!!!!! I can't wait til I get to this point. Are you just doing it on your own or are you using a program? I'm doing the C25K but I quit after week 5 (I ran 2 flipping miles straight!!) and am now back into it again. I hope I can post a 3 mile celebration!! Congrats!!

I used the app, I skipped from week 7 to just running 3 miles, the app I was using only went up to 30 minutes, and Im only doing a 13:40 mile so I cant do 3 in 30 minutes
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! That is awesome. I, too, am one of the people who never thought they'd become a runner...I'm signed up for 3 5ks, 10 mile, 5 mile, and a half marathon over the next 6 months!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    WOOO FREAKING HoOOOOO!!!!! I can't wait til I get to this point. Are you just doing it on your own or are you using a program? I'm doing the C25K but I quit after week 5 (I ran 2 flipping miles straight!!) and am now back into it again. I hope I can post a 3 mile celebration!! Congrats!!

I used the app, I skipped from week 7 to just running 3 miles, the app I was using only went up to 30 minutes, and Im only doing a 13:40 mile so I cant do 3 in 30 minutes

Well super awesome good for you :) You're a rockstar.
  • Kellylynnhaynes
    Kellylynnhaynes Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!

You don't know how much your post inspires me! I've started C25K numerous times, but never followed through the whole program. I think last time I did it, I couldn't get past week 5 (those 8 min jogs killed me). I would always stop at around 5 minutes. I've started back up again, but started at week 4. I may do it for 2 weeks before moving on, just to make sure! My problem is I always have so much trouble breathing, then I feel like I can't breath, which makes me want to stop to walk to catch my breath. It's a viscous cycle that I can't seem to break. And I know it's a mind thing, but I can't break it but I'm working on it!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    If you can't muster up a smile at the finish, just look all mean and stuff :)
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    So Awesome! Way to go!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! That's a great accomplishment! Way to go!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    I love seeing these stories. Well done.
  • shscruggs82
    Options
    Awesome job!

You don't know how much your post inspires me! I've started C25K numerous times, but never followed through the whole program. I think last time I did it, I couldn't get past week 5 (those 8 min jogs killed me). I would always stop at around 5 minutes. I've started back up again, but started at week 4. I may do it for 2 weeks before moving on, just to make sure! My problem is I always have so much trouble breathing, then I feel like I can't breath, which makes me want to stop to walk to catch my breath. It's a viscous cycle that I can't seem to break. And I know it's a mind thing, but I can't break it but I'm working on it!

to be honest, I started trying way before thanksgiving, and would take off weeks at a time, it wasnt until I signed up for the 5k that I said I have to do this. I would just say take it at your speed, if you feel like you need more time at one step take it. I remember at the begining I was the same way it literally felt like I was going to die.

Now i need to work on hill training, my friend who is doing the race with me and I went to practice on sunday, by that time I had been running 2 miles, he took me around his neighborhood and I felt like I hadnt run a minute beforehand. I had a deep cough afterwards and was hugely disappointed in myself, I couldnt even go a mile because of those hills. I wouldnt care except the race is up a slight incline.

thanks for all the support, I just am so excited I wanted to tell everyone. Ive failed a lot at my health and weight loss goals...so to see myself take something and do well is a big deal.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    AWESOME WORK!!!!

I really related, here's an excerpt from my profile:

"So, I started small. I would walk up the stairs at work once per day (I worked on the 9th floor). I would go to the gym and I could only run ¼ mile on the treadmill, but then I’d walk another ¼ and then run another ¼. .....Anyhow, I still remember the first time (in a long time anyway) I actually RAN for a mile. It wasn't fast. I think it took me about 9:30, but I didn't stop to walk. FOR. A. MILE. I started to challenge myself, maybe I can get 1.25 miles…GOT IT. 1.5? Yep. 2?? No way I could run for 2 miles, right? It took quite a few tries, but I got there. "

Today I run 4-5 miles a few times a week and I've run a 1/2 marathon (might do a full this year)....

Keep it up, you can do it!!!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good luck on your 5K. I will be doing my very first race a 10K this Sunday.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Great work.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Great job that is awesome!!!