Does This Bother Anyone Else?

Options
Scorpiomom222
Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
The view versus comment ratio on the success board? It bugs the crap out of me, because these people are posting to get feedback on their successes, and people just look and move on without encouragement.

Replies

• red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Part of it could be that a lot of people are just lurkers and don't care to join the conversation if it's not a "friend"'s post.
    Though I do agree with you. We should be supporting our fellow community members by at LEAST congratulating them on successes...friend or not!
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Part of it could be that a lot of people are just lurkers and don't care to join the conversation if it's not a "friend"'s post.
    Though I do agree with you. We should be supporting our fellow community members by at LEAST congratulating them on successes...friend or not!

Ditto. This is how it is on alot of message boards. It isn't anything to be offended by. Some people don't feel like they have anything to contribute. You will find that people lurk for a year or so before they feel like they have something to add.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Now that you mention it, I've noticed that. I always go to the recent posts and if I see a topic that interests me, I'll read the post and more often than not, I'll type a response. I like encouraging people. Here's a good one lol: Treat people the way you want to be treated. If you comment on their posts, they'll comment on yours. :flowerforyou:
  • grogers421
    grogers421 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I concur. While I do thinik there are plenty of lurkers out there. I also think there are those that are intimidated to post, even online. There are those among us that suffer from such low self esteem that they are afraid of negative comeents or rejection, even here. We are all here for one reason (albeit to varying degrees) to seek support and encouragment on that path that we are all traveling.
  • Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of both. Depends on what I am doing at the time. If I am between things in the office or at home then I might post a reply. Sometimes I am on a voice conference and have to half concentrate so 'lurk' to fill in sometime. Not being a woman a can't multi-task! :wink:
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    And some of us may be a little too new/too shy to comment... or someone has already posted our opinion :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Also some people might be interested by the topic but once they read the post they really do have nothing to contribute to the discussion.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I think this is true, I find myself reading things and feeling like what I would think to say has already been said. Huge self esteem issues, and don't want to sound stupid or repetitive! Thanks for pointing it out, I am fairly new here and will try to participate more and lurk less!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I really should go into the success stories more often, if anything just to post a bow28.gif
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I really should go into the success stories more often, if anything just to post a bow28.gif

HAHAHA
  • binary_jester
    Options
    I have been tempted to use this one also...
    fcad0cab.gif
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    Is there a lot of people posting on this post because now they feel guilty not posting considering the topic of the post??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    fcad0cab.gif

I think I am going to start stalking your posts just so I can see all the different Smiley's you are using :)

Love it!
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Guilty!

Don't mean to lurk - my excuse is that I'm going to read "just one more" before I continue working on the paper from Hell, and...well okay that's a pretty bad excuse. Anyway...congrats on fitting into your wedding dress again :drinker:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don't post (particularly if the topic is something like "help", or "important" and then the post is a benign, not urgent question, or if the question is answered in the frozen topics on the message boards.) I do contribute if I feel strongly about a topic, or when I've got a perspective that hasn't been brought up, or to support a poster.

This is a tremendously supportive community in so many ways.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    You also have google spiders viewing the threads (ever notice the ads on the page almost matches what's being discussed?)

;)
  • binary_jester
    Options
    fcad0cab.gif

I think I am going to start stalking your posts just so I can see all the different Smiley's you are using :)

Love it!
    dancejester.gif Aww thanks!