I have my body back :) (pics included)

Options
Last year I put on 40 pounds over the winter.

It was a culmination of so many different things. Ever since my senior year of high school, I'd had a pretty fast metabolism (it finally kicked in after years of being pretty chubby—plus I was finally growing in height, as well), especially when I ate regularly, took care of myself and did active things.

And so when I stopped doing any of those things except eat regularly, my metabolism stopped and before I knew it, I nearly weighed 200 pounds (192, precisely); the last time I had weighed myself had been a year prior and the scale read 147, but that was my ultimate low weight, and more commonly I probably weighed 153, as it had always been my average before.

In all truth, part of it was that I had a live-in girlfriend and allowed myself to get really comfortable and lazy since I was lucky and she just wanted me to be happy. Part of it was that she turned me on to French bread pizza. All of it was that I had absolutely no idea what was happening to my body and loved those pizzas, and one day I realized that I only had one pair of pants that I wasn't too fat to fit in anymore. At one point, those pants got so tight I had to find this pair of pants that my roommate had given me and were of a stretchier material ...

When my girlfriend and I broke up in July, I decided to buy a bicycle and get into better shape. I lost 20 pounds in just a month because I was riding, on average, eight miles a day.

So! Enough talk, here's what you all clicked here for, the pictures :)

This is a comparative gif animation of a photo after I had already lost 20 pounds (I hadn't thought to take a picture of when I started) and today.

Not_Fat.gif

This photo shows what I looked like before, but with outlines of where my body is now.

Still_comparison.jpg

Now.jpg

Front_view.jpg

These were the pants I mentioned above. They're loose again!

front.jpg

Ack, just looks awful. I initially took those fat pics to share on this site, but haven't posted until now because I was like "... Wow, I look like ****."

I'm still soft, so now that I'm back to where I was at before, I'm going to try to get rid of that last little bit.

Replies

• FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Look at you go!!! You are kicking butt! I'm an old fart now and married, but when I was younger and lived with a boyfriend, it was quite typical of him to put on 20-30lbs. I was always cooking and then there's that comfort level thing. Good for you for getting on that bike.

Keep up the good work!!!!
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    You know, my first intent was to say "I'm only five years younger than you!" in regard to the "old fart" comment, but considering how bad my hips, knees and one ankle hurt now, I'm totally going to be saying that in five years.

And I guess that while I was typically in my 150s most often, I did bounce around between that and 175, which is a big fluctuation.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Nice job! :) You look great! :D
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    WTG - you look great
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    great job!

i pretty much had what you had and its almost all gone but i still have maybe... 10lbs to go? i dont know.

how tall are you? im 5'7" my highest i ever got was 210lbs.

starting weight was 205, im now 154 but still have this damn midsection of fat to get rid of.
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Way to go !!!!! Congrats :smile:
  • halobender
    Options
    how tall are you? im 5'7" my highest i ever got was 210lbs.

starting weight was 205, im now 154 but still have this damn midsection of fat to get rid of.
    I'm 6' even. And I hear ya; I've got fat on my belly still, can't see my abs yet, but whatever. I'm just happy that it's not the big roll it was.

Thanks everyone :)
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Way to stick with it, definitely motivates me to keep moving!

L.
  • bikinikillaer
    Options
    Good job you! NIce proverbial loose-waistband pic ;)
    Hopefully I'll have some of those soon too!

Cheers
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! You look awesome!!! Congrats!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    beautiful! :flowerforyou:
  • anawigela
    Options
    it is such a great feeling to have your clothes loose again, it just proves how had you worked!!! Keep doing what you are doing, it's a great achievement!
  • indyfierofan
    indyfierofan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    nice job
  • SarahSue41
    Options
    Way to rock the Prefontaine!
  • halobender
    Options
    Way to rock the Prefontaine!
    Hah, thanks for noticing. Funny story about Pre: I used to work at a newspaper and we received other local papers for our reporters to read to keep up with statewide news. One day a paper ran a story on Steve and the photo that ran in the paper looked almost exactly like me. (I was sporting a slightly different hairstyle, thicker beard, and trust me, with aviators the comparison is undeniable ;))

Well, I only found out because when I came back from lunch, taped to the monitor of my work station was the article, with the words "Oh my god, Nick is Prefontaine!"

Oh, and the shirt is my step dad's, but it never in a million years would have fit him so he gave it to me.

Thanks again, everyone!

Anawigela, I totally agree with you, of course. Today I was trying to find a pair of pants (I just moved, clothes are hard to find currently) and then I thought "Oh ... I have those black pants in my dresser ... but those haven't fit me in more than a year, by now ..." But nevertheless, I grabbed them from the drawer, began putting them on and, even though they started feeling a little tight, kept going, just to see if maybe they'd be okay once they were in place and, when I got them up to my waist, with no problem whatsoever I zipped them up and buttoned them and even had a little gap between them and me. I'm wearing them right now and they're certainly not too tight. There was a time, not too long ago even (probably only a couple weeks, honestly) that I couldn't even zip them all the way :)
  • nilisabel
    Options
    whoa you look just like my brother! good job losing the weight, you know there are lower-calorie french bread pizzas in the frozen food aisle.
  • halobender
    Options
    whoa you look just like my brother! good job losing the weight, you know there are lower-calorie french bread pizzas in the frozen food aisle.
    I try at all costs to avoid frozen foods due to the processing and stuff, but beyond that, I don't crave french bread pizzas anymore :) Plus, lower calorie always means lower flavor :(

I'd rather just not have them, and be left with my pleasant memories. Plus, when I get my six pack, it'll be a great splurge treat :D
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Lovin' the Pre shirt myself. Running the memorial run is on my bucket list...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!