Death, Bariatric Surgery, or MyFitnessPal ??

Options
cch200
cch200 Posts: 10 Member
I choose MFP !!

On 7/17/2013 I was 397.6 pounds, with high blood pressure, swelling joints, COPD, and facing Bariatric surgery. I was a time bomb of bad health. To prepare for surgery, I was introduced to MyFitnessPal and told to lose at least 27 pounds, before the operation. Being a lifelong dieter, I never thought I could count calories or measure my food. But I vowed to put down everything that went in my mouth on MFP. The pounds started to come off, the first surgery date passed, and then the second, and then I finally cancelled the surgery all together. Today 2/26/2014, I have lost 111 lbs. Dropped 2 of 3 high blood pressure pills, and am in better health than I’ve been in for a long time.
Along with the diet, I started to ride a bicycle due to being unable to walk far with a recent hip replacement. The first day I rode only 3 blocks, then that increased slowly as the weight dropped off. Now I ride 10 to 12 miles a day at blazing speeds and go crazy if the weather or something else makes me miss a day. It helps me lose, keeps me motivated to stay fit and has become an intricate part of MyFitnessPal program. My new body has even allowed me to wear some of those tight fitting bike clothes that a few months ago I would not be caught dead in.
Thank you MyFitnessPal and all my friends and supporters !!!!!

Replies

• leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great story! Congratulations on losing such a huge amount of weight, along with those meds. Way to go!
  • lavender_fairie
    lavender_fairie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This post and YOU are full of awesome!! I'm soooo glad u choose mfp!

You go on with your bike- I think I would really like riding a bike too. :)
  • Pixiemops
    Pixiemops Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Nice one! Such a motivational story. Well done!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Congrats!!
  • tuulikki30
    tuulikki30 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I am so happy you chose MFP. :smile:
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Serious success right there.

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! I saw that your children are your inspiration and I'm sure they are proud of you as well. Good job!!
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Great job ,I'm so happy for you ! I was going to do surgery also until someone told me about MFP ! Isn't that amazing that something so small like a lucky remark or something brings you to a site that actually changes your life !

You are Awsome !
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wonderful. I am happy that you found MFP :drinker:
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing and inspiring.

Congratulations :)
  • Hikr56
    Hikr56 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT! Jumping up and down for you with happiness. Good for you choosing LIFE and passing on the B.S. (pun intended!)

Congratulations and much continued success to you! :drinker:
  • marnybonte
    Options
    Congratulations. What a great achievement. You should be so proud of yourself!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, keep up the great work.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    This is tremendously wonderful!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Your story is full of awesomeness!! Congratulations on your weight loss and new life style.:drinker:

Cheers :drinker:
  • cfranz7715
    cfranz7715 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Thats an awesome accomplishment!! I did however choose surgery. March 5, 2012 I had VSG. Vertical sleeve gastrectomy. I have to date lost 121 pounds. I am glad I made the decision for surgery and I have been lucky to have NO complications. : ) I feel better than I have since I cannot remember when!!
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well-done! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
    Congratulations on your success and I hope you enjoy all those future great cycle rides.
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You are a rock star!
  • first01
    Options
    I think you are awesome and amazing :-)....... so glad you shared this!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I choose MFP !!

On 7/17/2013 I was 397.6 pounds, with high blood pressure, swelling joints, COPD, and facing Bariatric surgery. I was a time bomb of bad health. To prepare for surgery, I was introduced to MyFitnessPal and told to lose at least 27 pounds, before the operation. Being a lifelong dieter, I never thought I could count calories or measure my food. But I vowed to put down everything that went in my mouth on MFP. The pounds started to come off, the first surgery date passed, and then the second, and then I finally cancelled the surgery all together. Today 2/26/2014, I have lost 111 lbs. Dropped 2 of 3 high blood pressure pills, and am in better health than I’ve been in for a long time.
    Along with the diet, I started to ride a bicycle due to being unable to walk far with a recent hip replacement. The first day I rode only 3 blocks, then that increased slowly as the weight dropped off. Now I ride 10 to 12 miles a day at blazing speeds and go crazy if the weather or something else makes me miss a day. It helps me lose, keeps me motivated to stay fit and has become an intricate part of MyFitnessPal program. My new body has even allowed me to wear some of those tight fitting bike clothes that a few months ago I would not be caught dead in.
    Thank you MyFitnessPal and all my friends and supporters !!!!!

This IS a strong first post; congrats and thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!