FRUIT
    FRUIT AND YOGURT
    FRUIT AND YOGURT AND GRANOLA
    FRUIT AND YOGURT AND GRANOLA AND HONEY
    FRUIT AND MORE FRUIT

Fruit is natures candy.
  • beastmodebuff
    Options
    Often there are individually packaged squares of dark chocolate. sometimes I do berries whipped cream and a square of chocolate for dessert.

Or another thing I've really enjoyed is blending a frozen banana with a cup of milk and a heaping spoon full of cocoa for a nice milkshake :)

orrrrr very thin apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon + sugar.

orrrrr make a batch of cookies freeze the individual cookies raw and pop ONE in the oven when you want. (make sure you calculate the calories in the recipe and that you are not making a whole batch and eating a bunch lol )

or you can stab a wooden stick into a yummy yogurt and freeze it - boom frozen yogurt popsicle

some flavoured teas can also hit the spot if you're looking for zero cal.

good luck!

Thanks you!
  • beastmodebuff
    Options
    I'm not really sure what qualifies as "clean" as far as desserts go. I eat dessert every night, but it's almost never "clean" (although I have made the banana oatmeal cookies mentioned above (with added cocoa powder), and I do like them).

However, I do have a couple of sweet snacks that I like occasionally. One combo that is particularly filling is a whole wheat, high-fiber tortilla wrapped up with a banana and some natural peanut butter. I have been known to add Nutella to that on more than one occasion. I also really like a vanilla greek yogurt with fresh berries and organic granola, or plain greek yogurt with fresh strawberries mixed with a serving of Nutella. I doubt Nutella is considered "clean"... but maybe there's a "cleaner" alternative out there?

When I say clean I just mean like not loaded with white sugar and flour and such. Probably not the right word to use. I was thinking a good handful of granola would be good.Thanks for the tips!
  • beastmodebuff
    Options
  • jrwilliams124
    jrwilliams124 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like frozen mixed berries with no added sugar and some fat free Redi Whip. Almost like a fruit cobbler.
  • beastmodebuff
    Options
    Banana Oat Cookies! I just tried them last week and fell in love! You take two ripe bananas and 1 cup of oats. Mash the bananas in a bowl and then mix in the oats. I also sprinkled some ground cinnamon into the mixture. Use a spoon to drop the "dough" onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes at 350 degrees. When I tried them, they tasted a little like a banana muffin but in cookie type form. They helped meet my sweet craving, and I'll definitely make them again. :-)
    This sounds really good any idea what the calories are?
  • beastmodebuff
    Options
    FRUIT
    FRUIT AND YOGURT
    FRUIT AND YOGURT AND GRANOLA
    FRUIT AND YOGURT AND GRANOLA AND HONEY
    FRUIT AND MORE FRUIT

Fruit is natures candy.
    makes sense to me! :) Thanks.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Quest Protein bars. They are a little spendy ($2.50 each), but TOTALLY healthy with only 1g of sugar, and 20g of protein and they taste like a candy bar.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Go to mindovermunch.com. Search "black bean cake brownies."

Or really, anything you are craving, just type "Paleo ____" or "Clean eating _____." That and super dark chocolate, or banana ice cream or smoothie, or just some straight up fruit.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Banana Oat Cookies! I just tried them last week and fell in love! You take two ripe bananas and 1 cup of oats. Mash the bananas in a bowl and then mix in the oats. I also sprinkled some ground cinnamon into the mixture. Use a spoon to drop the "dough" onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes at 350 degrees. When I tried them, they tasted a little like a banana muffin but in cookie type form. They helped meet my sweet craving, and I'll definitely make them again. :-)
    thanks! Sounds simple and tasty:drinker:
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a dessert every night if you budget it into your calories and macros (and eat whole foods for the majority of your calories throughout the day).

I actually think budgeting a late night dessert into my daily calories is very helpful. It's much easier to fend off those food cravings during the day if you know you have dessert coming up later. And then you don't have to worry about late night snacking, since you're already late night snacking as part of your plan.
  • greeneyes972
    Options

This sounds divine!!! Definitely trying this weekend!!!