Am I eating the correct food?

Options
Currently, I'm 19, 5ft 7" and 192 pounds. I started gym and dieting 2 weeks ago and lost approx. 4 pounds. For the first two weeks I maintained my diet and was going to gym 3 times a week losing 250-350 calories (getting used to gym and also because I have had recurring knee injuries and still have problems with my joints).

Now, I'm going 5-6 times a week, spending time on cardio (treadmill, upright bike and rowing machine) losing 500-600 calories. BUT I know that my diet is 80% of my weight loss assuming upon what I've read on MFP.

I just wanted to be sure I'm eating the right type of foods. Generally for breakfast, I have QuakerOats porridge or Oatbix. Lunch I have sandwich (brown bread, usually egg mayo) with fruit and for snacks I have fruit, veg, boiled eggs or cereal bars. Being Asian, my mum usually makes a curry, so I have this 1-2 times a week for dinner. Otherwise, I have grilled chicken or fish, usually with rice. I strictly only drink water now. But, sometimes once every 2 weeks I go out with friends and get heavy food (e.g a burger on its own).

Are the types of food I'm eating correct for my diet?

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, it doesn't matter so much "what" you eat but "how much". As long as you're staying within your calorie goal and eating back at least half of your earned exercise calories, you should do just fine.
  • dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Yup, you're fine. There's no right or wrong food. What matters is that you lose in a healthy way, which you seem to be doing.
  • leighann881
    Options
    You're good with food. As long as you are within your macros (carbs, protein, fat). Trying adding sprints for weight loss, cardio & strength in one package.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want, hit your calorie and macro goals and you're good to go.