struggling .

Options
Im having a really hard time with my weight loss . I keep telling myself that I can do it , But seem to fail myself . I have no support at all from friends or family , whenever im around them they eat junk food in front of me , or make fun of me . A few times ive lost weight and was very proud of myself but got treated bad by family which lead to me being upset and eating poorly ,Im still a bit new to mfp and would love to just make some positive friends on here , so we can support eachother , sadly i have no one so i consider MFP my family . Ive never written a topic before so i hope i can post this ,

~krystal~

Replies

• cryptogirl
    cryptogirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I will offer support although I am struggling g too
  • RainbowSmiles123
    RainbowSmiles123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am new also. Feel free to add me if you like. Try to stay strong. I struggle too with not having support from family and friends.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I think the struggle is what makes it worth it. All y'all, feel free to send a request
  • zumbafeign
    Options
    Hi to you. Please feel free to add me I will be great support and i am a GREAT listener!
  • jayajayajaya
    Options
    This is my exact struggle. Feel free to add me if you want support (:
  • babyfat6969
    babyfat6969 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much !!! It means alot to me to have support going through this :)
  • ashleypursley
    ashleypursley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined. My boyfriend is also always eating junk food in front of me. Today was the first day that he said "oh, let's not get chips, It's bad for you". Which was awesome. I need motivational friends. :))
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! Good luck, you got this!
  • fredman2
    Options
    What do you mean by you were 'treated badly'?

Heck, I am in front of people that eat **** all day long, it doesn't bother me, to each their own.
    I am in a bar where folks get too drunk to stand up, that doesn't mean I have to drink, too.

It is what you make of it, if someone wants to give you a hard time, ***** them, do your own thing,
    it gets easier.

Feel free to add me, it sounds like we have a little bit in common...
  • tiwanaloves
    Options
    You guys are all awesome!!! Dream it. Believe it. Achieve it. Then #MakeItCount!!!

Tiwana
  • tiwanaloves
    Options
    Remember when you live the change. The world responds.

You are all on the right track! It may not be easy, but it's right... And who wants easy anyways????????

You got this!
  • mama2lilcuties
    Options
    Feel free to add me I am also looking for MFP friends for support and motivation
  • 123stefania
    123stefania Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    im adding you, together we can do it.
  • JrNationQueen88
    JrNationQueen88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind I'd like to add you. I feel with more friends (even online friends) we can all make it through our journey's with a positive end result. Never give up fighting, because in the end YOU need to be happy with yourself no matter what others think.

We only get one chance at this crazy ride we call life... we all need to make it the best we can. Good luck! If you need anything, just let me (or anyone here) know. :D
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    why do you need their support? why do you let them affect you so much?
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    There is nothing easy about losing weight. It is a struggle each and every day. The only thing that works for me is to take it one day at a time. I get out of bed each morning and commit to eating under my calorie goal and exercising at least 30 minutes. If I can do that, whatever else happens that day, the day is a success.

As for dealing with other people and food all around, yes it can be a struggle. I've learned not to make a fuss about what is offered, just to politely refuse. I don't make a comment about dieting or watching what I'm eating. If pressed, I'll say I'm not hungry right now, even if I'd love to stuff my face. Over time, people have stopped offering. Last week my boss stopped in my office to offer me a chocolate covered strawberry. She said she knew I'd refuse, but didn't want me to feel left out. Of course, I'm still working on helping my family see that I'm changing.

The biggest thing on this journey is to keep on trying. Don't give up.
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, but you kinda need to learn to ignore what others are eating around you. It shouldn't make a difference to what YOU'RE eating.
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I wonder if these people who are snarky are jealous that u r doing something for yourself and they r not!!!
  • my2kin04
    my2kin04 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've had a few remarks (what they thought was innocent ) that real hurt. But , in a way I guess I should thank them because every time I am working out or want to over eat , I think of the comment that was made, it really TICKS me off so i work harder!
  • MandyKuchta61
    MandyKuchta61 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Maybe they want you to fail as a lot of people dislike a success story in any walk of life,lov to see an ex smoker restart,a slimmer gain weight,if someone fails in life it makes some feel good about there failures,i struggled on 1200 calories a day so upped my allowance till i found an intake im happy with and can stick to yet still lose weight,weight loss is slower,my happy balance is 1600 but took me 4 weeks of adjusting intake on a weekly basis to find this out,losing half pd a week but better than failing and gaining,good luck x