Death, Bariatric Surgery, or MyFitnessPal ??

Options

Replies

• MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    CCH, wow...just wow! I'm so glad you chose MFP and not surgery. Look at how much power you have within yourself! You are absolutely incredible! Your story is such an inspiration to so many and I thank you for sharing this. I wish you continued success and keep on peddling! You are a true superhero! :wink:
  • msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This is an Amazing Story! Amazing and Inspiring! Way to take Charge!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on an amazing transformation! It took sheer dedication and determination to accomplish what you did! You have inspired me to keep going! Thank you!
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hats off to you - great post, fantastic story - thank you for sharing your success!
  • melodylou
    melodylou Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. So inspiring.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I choose MFP !!

On 7/17/2013 I was 397.6 pounds, with high blood pressure, swelling joints, COPD, and facing Bariatric surgery. I was a time bomb of bad health. To prepare for surgery, I was introduced to MyFitnessPal and told to lose at least 27 pounds, before the operation. Being a lifelong dieter, I never thought I could count calories or measure my food. But I vowed to put down everything that went in my mouth on MFP. The pounds started to come off, the first surgery date passed, and then the second, and then I finally cancelled the surgery all together. Today 2/26/2014, I have lost 111 lbs. Dropped 2 of 3 high blood pressure pills, and am in better health than I’ve been in for a long time.
    Along with the diet, I started to ride a bicycle due to being unable to walk far with a recent hip replacement. The first day I rode only 3 blocks, then that increased slowly as the weight dropped off. Now I ride 10 to 12 miles a day at blazing speeds and go crazy if the weather or something else makes me miss a day. It helps me lose, keeps me motivated to stay fit and has become an intricate part of MyFitnessPal program. My new body has even allowed me to wear some of those tight fitting bike clothes that a few months ago I would not be caught dead in.
    Thank you MyFitnessPal and all my friends and supporters !!!!!

Wow. I love happy endings. I know you are still in process of living, but you closed the book on surgery, and awesome job at that!
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Inspiring :smile:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! I hope others planning surgery read this.
  • kittycatmeowmeow
    kittycatmeowmeow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful achievement!! Very inspiring story. Thank you for posting :smile:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Brilliant job.
    I also have COPD and discovered a love for cycling a few years ago.
    I look forward to the (great) British weather improving so I can get my bike out more.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your inspiring and continuing success story...and in your 60's too!!
    From one "boomer" to another...thanks for proving it's never too late, or impossible, to achieve and enjoy a healthy lifestyle. Go you!!
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING. Congratulations on achieving so much in such a short period of time!!

I'm so glad you chose MFP, it enabled you to learn how to make permanent and healthier lifestyle changes that you will benefit rrom for the rest if your life! Surgery would have been easy in some ways, but there is no guarantee that you would have learned what you have through proper diet and exercise. Not only that, but your story is inspiring for many of us who still have a ways to go. Thank you for sharing your success story. Way to go!!
  • papyapa
    papyapa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    SOOOOOOO AMAZING!!! Way to go! You should be sooooo proud of yourself!!! Way to take charge of YOUR life! Give yourself a good pat on the back! I am very proud of you! Keep it up!!!!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! One of the most amazing stories I've read here. Thanks for sharing. What encouragement...
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration :) well done
  • LawRoc
    LawRoc Posts: 20
    Options
    Your story is awesome, thanks for sharing this. It is truly motivational!!
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Wow what an amazing story...defnintely got my motivated!!!!!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    111lbs??! Good God, you're amazing!! Great job!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! It can be done with determination and perseverance and you are a testimony to this!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Amazing !!! Way to go !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!