On and off logging

Options
Hi fellow Mfp's I'm struggling lately and really want to get back on track with my weight loss.

Here's what's been happening, I started Mfp after september 2013 I lost 9 kilos went down from 75kg to 66kg(175cm tall)
But lately since Christmas I've just slacked off lost confidence, I tend to log to get back on track but by dinnertime keep on snacking without logging any of it and pretty much just throw in the towel.

I know I'm going to end up bigger again and Im scared that my fitness pal logging is only going to be a temporary thing. I originally lost the weight by logging and staying at 1200 net per day, with the occasional treat., lately I keep eating roughly (estimate) 1800-2200 which is going to wreck everything I worked for.

To top it off ive got my wedding dress which was fitted when I was skinnier, now I'm starting to plump up I'm scared and don't know how to get it together, it's really embarrassing! :-(

Replies

• Leanmeup53
    Leanmeup53 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Aso feel free to add me if you like, I'm in need of some positive motivational friends :-)
  • tacosandbeerthatswhyimhere
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing! I quit logging my food and gained 20lbs this winter. I've been logging lately but have been real slack about it; just guessing the serving sizes and trying to remember what I've eaten throughout the day. Also, this week, I've been snacking A LOT at night. It's terrible! I've got to 'cowgirl up' and do this the right way. I've had a lot of success with myfitnesspal in the past and I really want to see my goal weight this year. We can do this!
  • vaishnavijayasankar
    Options
    hey...wel one thing that can help u sure is that 1st u totally plan your intakes a night before and ensure its in your calorie count and if u feel dat ull not be able to follow then jus write in a paper about your goals and stick it up where u go the maximum and ya paste it on the place where you store snacks!!!!i guess this myt help u to eat within your planned range and also remind you to loose weight :) dnt b tensed and you'l surely fit into your wedding dress and use ua wedding dress to be a reasn to avoid unwanted snacking :) good luck!!!!
  • Leanmeup53
    Options
    Hope so, Thanks guys, it really helps knowing I'm not alone here. I will try planning more, and being scrupulous with the amounts I'm measuring. What calorie goals do you both have?
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    hey...wel one thing that can help u sure is that 1st u totally plan your intakes a night before and ensure its in your calorie count and if u feel dat ull not be able to follow then jus write in a paper about your goals and stick it up where u go the maximum and ya paste it on the place where you store snacks!!!!i guess this myt help u to eat within your planned range and also remind you to loose weight :) dnt b tensed and you'l surely fit into your wedding dress and use ua wedding dress to be a reasn to avoid unwanted snacking :) good luck!!!!

Uh oh! Do you have a suit of armor?
  • vaishnavijayasankar
    Options
    mickey .....duh!!!!!! no i dnt.....
  • vaishnavijayasankar
    Options
    my calorie count 4 a day is 1200 n wrkin out gvs me a increasd benefit :)
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    You list good reasons to get back on track. All you need to do now is forget about blowing it and just start over. Logging is a PITA, but it's the only way I know to keep accurate track of what I eat. I've been in maintenance for about a year and a half and I still log. I worked too darn hard to let myself slip even just a little bit. Good luck!
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Put a pic of your wedding dress in conspicuous places where you will see it. Heck put it on here as your profile pic. Let it be your motivation to stay on track. Then find a way to make lifetime sustainable choices for the better, one decision at a time. Choose veggies instead of chips, cook most of your meals ahead of time and pack them with you so you don't get stuck hungry with temptation, etc. every little bit counts and you have a fantastically motivating goal. Use it!! And congrats in advance too :flowerforyou:
  • Leanmeup53
    Options
    Thanks so much, I know I just need to commit to it, it's definately not worth slipping up another day, 1200 sounds like a good starting point for me, maintenance is going to be awhile away unfortunately. I will get a pic up of me in my wedding dress for motivation that's a great idea:-) I found my handweights the other day so should do my 3d pilates DVD more often , I think part of problem is I didn't exercise to lose the weight, I just was busy with house work painting gardening ect and that's all I did
  • vaishnavijayasankar
    Options
    even doing house hold chores helps you reduce great amount of calories...the key is to be active!!!!! I wud luv to share a method to loose flabs.....instead of using a mop to wipe the floor u can use a mop cloth n bend dwn and clean the floor of al rooms....it wil help u reduce your fat...try doing it for a month :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    So... you're around 5'9" and 145 lbs - you're already well within the healthy weight range for your height. How much do you actually want to lose? Chances are, 1200 calories a day is not an appropriate goal for you and you will risk losing too much muscle, especially if you're not doing any resistance training. When you don't have a lot of fat stored, your body just can't lose it at the same rate as an obese person. How much did you tell MFP you want to lose? Start by setting that at 0.5 lbs a week, and eating back at least a portion of your exercise calories. If you add in some resistance training, you'll likely see more dramatic results in what you actually look like, and your measurements, rather than on the scale. You want to hold onto as much muscle as you can.

Regarding the logging, there's no way around it really other than just to do it. What's holding you back? Wanting snacks and not fitting them into your calorie goal? That's the trouble with cutting calories drastically, it's a lot harder to stick to the plan. Make a sensible cut to your calories, eat a little bit more and it will be a lot easier to fit in the foods you actually enjoy, and you're a lot more likely to stick with it.
  • Leanmeup53
    Options
    Thanks Jester:-) sounds like I just need to stick with it, and I think my problem with calories in out was I was trying to eat unhealthy things thinking it would work into my daily eating numbers, but it just doesn't, need to eat more fruit veg to get back on track
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jester:-) sounds like I just need to stick with it, and I think my problem with calories in out was I was trying to eat unhealthy things thinking it would work into my daily eating numbers, but it just doesn't, need to eat more fruit veg to get back on track

define unhealthy????

I fit treats in everyday...

Have you tried prelogging...that helps some people. Or use the phone app, you can scan in bar codes.

As well I agree 1200 is not enough...
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I recommend logging even when you over eat. When I first started mfp, I just logged. I ate too much every day but logged it anyway using measurements. This was helpful because it gave me a baseline. I can look back and say "see, there's the 7600 extra calories that I ate that added up to how many pounds I gained. It was also helpful because it was good practice for me. When I started to eat a little under maintenance I ready had a few good habits in place.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I recommend logging even when you over eat. When I first started mfp, I just logged. I ate too much every day but logged it anyway using measurements. This was helpful because it gave me a baseline. I can look back and say "see, there's the 7600 extra calories that I ate that added up to how many pounds I gained. It was also helpful because it was good practice for me. When I started to eat a little under maintenance I ready had a few good habits in place.

This. MFP is a tool. How (or even if) it gets used is up to the individual. When you are ready to lose the last few pounds, you will do it.