Body Bugg (Body Fit Media) Users

Utahbeth
Utahbeth Posts: 68
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I am curious about getting one, but I am a little turned off by the subscription costs. What does this do better than an avg HRM? Why do you guys like yours? Is it worth it?

Replies

• debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    bump
  • tlauzis
    tlauzis Posts: 7 Member
    I have the body bugg and I, too, am put off by the subscription cost. I think it should be free with the cost of the unit. It is supposed to be more accurate than an HRM. I have the monitoring watch that I wear and it allows me to keep track of my daily calorie burn per minute. I wore my HRM on the opposite arm on several occasions while using my treadclimber. The treadclimber and the HRM both indicated that I had burned 500 calories at a 3 mph pace for 60 minutes while the Body bugg said I only burned 300 calories for the same workout. They both consistantly gave me these readings. I tend to trust the bodybugg based on my weight loss. I don't like their site, it is no where near as user friendly as this site is for logging food, so I just download my armband every few days when it needs charging. There is one other drawback to the bodybugg, I have this somewhat permanent indentation on my left arm where I wear it. My bicep is noticeably different on the left than the right because of this. Tan lines in the summer are also a bummer. Hope this helped.
  • well its not a HRM really. its primary function is the calorie counting so you wont be able to say track and stay at a certain heart rate like say a fat loss zone to judge your fitness like with a HRM. You'll have to gauge yourself by cals per minute instead. I have it and I like it, but I do wish that you didnt have to have the subscription since when im actually on top of things i track my food and exercise here. I just need the calorie data.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    I have a Bodybugg and I love it. MIne included a free 6 month subscription to the website so I could upload my results and see what I'm burning on a daily basis. I highly recommend getting it!

Sharon
  • I guess one of the reasons I wanted to look into these were because they apparently track sleep habits. I haven't been sleeping well, I still have a bit of sleep apnea, and a 1yr old...

What do you think of the sleep information?
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    It sounds to be ok for running/walking exercise, but not much else (the built in accelerometer is only a pedometer)...it NEEDS to incorporate heart rate, in my opinion. If you're having trouble sleeping, a monitor will not help. I recommend a sleep study--that's what is needed to monitor breathing and the oxygen levels in your blood throughout the night, and be able to diagnose why you might feel tired in the AM. The effects really add up over time...I found out I actually stopped breathing over 300 times during the night, which reduced the oxygen level in my blood to bad levels.

A bodybug can only tell you how long you're actually sleeping, based on movement and body temp...
This discussion has been closed.