Getting rid of the mummy tummy

Options
2»

Replies

• Resse
    Resse Posts: 6
    Options
    I love 30 Day Shred because it's only 20 minutes, so it's easy to cram in while the kids are either asleep or doing their own thing. =)

Only other advise is to track track track your food! I'm still finding it unbelievable how LITTLE you should eat if you want to lose weight. As someone who formally thought she was eating super healthy, it's been a really eye opening experience.

Yes, thank you :). I am also doing myfitnesspal, to track my food.
    I actually want to put in the 30 day shred on there - but I can't find it in the list of exercises!

You can create your own cardiovascular activity (exercise) and put in your Net Caloric burn. :) (if you're wearing a HRM), I think it would be hard to estimate that activity.

Yes, I already tried that. I wouldn't have a clue how to find that information - I don't have the tools. I'll have to see if there is something on the list that is close to it. How do you others enter 30 day shred onto your exercise diary?
  • clanmcfleming
    clanmcfleming Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love my exercise ball! I have issues with my spine that limit a lot of exercise like sit-ups but I can do them with the ball and they are just as effective and it was under $10!! Plus you can work a lot of other areas too!!

Great idea, thanks!
  • KLiburd86
    KLiburd86 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love 30 Day Shred because it's only 20 minutes, so it's easy to cram in while the kids are either asleep or doing their own thing. =)

Only other advise is to track track track your food! I'm still finding it unbelievable how LITTLE you should eat if you want to lose weight. As someone who formally thought she was eating super healthy, it's been a really eye opening experience.

Yes, thank you :). I am also doing myfitnesspal, to track my food.
    I actually want to put in the 30 day shred on there - but I can't find it in the list of exercises!

You can create your own cardiovascular activity (exercise) and put in your Net Caloric burn. :) (if you're wearing a HRM), I think it would be hard to estimate that activity.

Yes, I already tried that. I wouldn't have a clue how to find that information - I don't have the tools. I'll have to see if there is something on the list that is close to it. How do you others enter 30 day shred onto your exercise diary?

I have a HRM & tend to come out with 330 cals burnt for level one, if that helps? I've got a Polar FT7 that I got for around £50 off eBay, it's worth the buy for getting a better idea of the amount of calories you burn :-)
  • sampriso
    sampriso Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have ordered this as my sister in law has been doing it and already noticing a difference in 7 days! Fingers crossed! :-)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I did JM 30DS and lost 9 inches all over, 2nd round another 4inches but that being said exercise is great but as it is said abs are made in the kitchen.

Diet is what gets rid of the fat...

any resistence type training is good to help keep muscle, using dumbells or resistence bands but nothing beats lifting heavy (heavy being relative) for helping with the muscle definition.
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    250 situps a day
    free.
    and you will be super duper hot.

Not sure if this is serious or not! 250 situps a day, will get you better at doing 250 situps a day. I read some studies, which I can't remember now, that it takes roughly 250,000 situps/crunches to burn 1lbs of fat.

Like another poster said, you can't spot reduce! No exercises will flatten your tummy, that will be your nutrition. However, you can certainly strengthen your core with compound lifts, planks, L-sits, V-holds, dragon flye, flags.. etc.....A lot of calisthenic movements are great for core.